Glorious Goodwood

Don’t forget the following.....

Course form. It’s not for every horse and those that have performed well here in the past, often do again.

Also Mark Johnston ALWAYS targets this meeting and has been quoted recently saying he could have run horses elsewhere but has saved them for this week.

Well spotted Jinny I hope you or Outsider backed Forest Falcon 20.2 BSP

Dammit! I was so busy running around and had spotted this last night, thought I had backed it on my B365 account.....but I hadn’t :(.......and after even flagging the ruddy yard up too! Duh!

I'd presumed you'd backed it, jinnyj. I kept looking at it the other day and then again when I read a comment that the JSC was a prep for this but it just didn't figure high enough in my ratings table to fancy it more than some others. Just shows, the Johnston's can have a horse find 7lbs from seemingly nowhere for this meeting. Reminds me of Jenny Pitman in Saturday handicaps over the jumps back in the day.

Two big trackers of mine Soapy Stevens and Inchicore entered in the staying race on Saturday.

I'm hopeful this meeting could turn out to be either/or both more profitable and interesting than Royal Ascot.

I am hoping Alan King doesn't declare Inchicore just to make my selection process a wee bit easier in that race.

Last edited:
But, jinnyj, what does money matter when you’ve just shown yourself to be such a shrewd and insightful judge……….oh, alright, go kick the chickens again :)

Last edited:
:lol: You’re too kind! Chicken gets kicked regularly when it comes into the kitchen and craps!
Gonna do some hideous after-timing now and tell you I backed Marbaan ew just based on what a nice looking horse at the start! I am happier now...chicken is safe :whistle:

Last edited:
Know I’m talking through my pocket, but I wasn’t impressed with the ride Sacred was given.

Not best pleased with the ride Sacred got there. I know she usually comes from the back, but at Goodwood?

Well done Sandrine's backers. Won more easily than the official margin, I reckon.

I think Tom Marquand is a top class jockey but why oh why did he have Sacred so far back.

You can't give quality horses 10 lengths of a start in these races and expect to win.

There is some myth about settling horses out the back it's like the jockeys think they are riding Nijinsky:(

Geezus me and DO agree on something :lol: Barjon too.we can't all be wrong........give the tosser a sabatical:lol:

Last edited:
Not best pleased with the ride Sacred got there. I know she usually comes from the back, but at Goodwood?

Well done Sandrine's backers. Won more easily than the official margin, I reckon.

Jockeys are thick as ****. I re-watched last year's renewal in the run up to this and Space Blues was given a similar ride out the back. In a speed 7 like this you just ain't gonna get a pace collapse.

What was there not to like about Sandrine's Falmouth run? Especially when you're considering her over 7f.

Amazing StradV has drifted to 5/1 on the machine:blink: Gosden and Co are going to look very silly re the sabatical if he doesn't go very close to winning:blink:

I hope Tom rides my YACOWLEF better.445 25/1

Led and wandered at salisbury over 7f behind MARBAAN admittedly getting a stone (with a 7lb claimer on)but this is an easier 6f.for P.Cole to send it here with a top jock booked has to give me hopel

Back