Godolphin

That's depressing news . Evidently, they don't expect the vastly overhyped Gladiatorus to come back to top form yet.

New toy, lets just leave Gladiatorous brusied and mentally batterd in the corner whilst we treat our new toy like a king.

Repeat x 10

this is getting really tedious now isn't it?..they let some other poor sod do the work..then step in with the cheque book..its just trading off the backs of others...they seem to have no talent for spotting unraced animals whatsoever

I used to wonder why this operation got so much stick..now I realise

Last edited:
this is getting really tedious now isn't it?..they let some other poor sod do the work..then step in with the cheque book..its just trading off the backs of others...they seem to have no talent for spotting unraced animals whatsoever

I used to wonder why this operation got so much stick..now I realise

It doesn't appear that these horses then continue. Would this indicate training method if any youngstock they have, does not appear to come on but others with other trainers of similar or same breeding do. A real nature or nurture question.

Think they are buying up ahead of the opening of Meydan. They will want a very strong squad of horses to try and take the main prizes over there when Dubai World Cup night rolls in. Bet my bottom dollar come the horses in training sale at Newmarket in November ish they will be going to town!

Godolphin's Two Step Salsa fails at Monmouth

Monmouth Park: Salvator Mile (Grade 3 hcap) 1m, dirt, 3yo+

GODOLPHIN Mile winner Two Step Salsa was readily outpointed for the second time since his return to the States from Dubai when he faded to finish fourth to Coal Play(Nick Zito/Joe Bravo).

Rick Mettee, the Godolphin assistant trainer in America, said: "Two Step Salsa should have run better - both Garrett (Gomez) and I do not know why he ran below form though it was a very tough Grade 3 race."

Coal Play made all the running over the speed-favouring Monmouth main track. Smooth Air, sent away the 7-5 public choice, finished second three lengths behind the winner.

Meehan's not a particularly good trainer is he? I could think of at least a dozen I'd have ahead of him. I'm far from sure we've seen all Delegator has to offer, sadly I'm far from sure we'll see it now he's joined Godolphin.

I understand that trainers/owners train large numbers to up the ante in gaining the larger prizes. They wouldn't buy/train so many if that were not the case. But to measure training ability, would imply that the amount of horses a trainer has per % win, would show or indicate who has a better training method and not the amount of prize money or calibre/amount of races run or won.

Brought Long Lashes from Jessica Harrington. Impressive performance first time out in a listed event. Targeting her at the UAE 1000 guineas. Definitely confirms my suspicions they are loading up on horses for next years carnival. If you have a pony get it in the horses in training sale and you could become very rich!!!!

Bin Suroor seems to have the string in rude health recently anyway, despite the fact they don't have the ammo to target the top races.

Sure they are probably doing this for next year in mind, but come on its not as if they have not been busy in recent seasons snapping up whatever they can get for the racecourse and the breeding shed.

In their current state, is Godolphin's main aim just to put up a strong performance at the carnivale? Buying up quality horses from the US, GB and Ireland to waste them on meaningless races in the desert seems quite saddening.

Back