Gold Cup 2009 (was: Denman)

thanks for that Rory

whilst i understand what you are saying there are bits of that that do tell me I'm a bit of a lost cause as far as posting here is concerned

I'll take a step back for a while again I think, just read stuff rather than take part

thanks anyway:cool:

Oh dear, oh dear.....:blink:

Not the most perceptive (or indeed honest) of your many hundreds of posts Kathy. I have no desire to chase anyone away from this or any other forum, as is clear from my response to EC1. That includes you by the way, in case you hadn't picked that up. I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to justify your low opinion of me, but despite a couple of episodes which should have me spitting feathers, I will continue to defend your right to make a positive contribution to this forum.

Oh dear, oh dear.....:blink:

What sort of a quote is that to take out of his entire post? Are we at the stage now where we highlight what part of a post we want and comment on it, never mind the context in which it is posted??

What sort of a quote is that to take out of his entire post? Are we at the stage now where we highlight what part of a post we want and comment on it, never mind the context in which it is posted??

Probably depends entirely on the person making the post, Del Boy and their motivation in picking that particular quote.

That and their psychological make up, of course.

Songsheet, I have chosen to ignore your continual efforts to wind me up. I know you have a desire to see me banned from here but you are going to have to try a darn site harder. Your posts say far more about you than they do about me!

Rory, I will NEVER forgive you for that horrendous posting you made about me. I will continue to ignore you both on and off the forum and please note I do not need (and have never needed I might add) you to defend my right to post on this forum. I just do not know why you are the one that seems to be saying who will be chased away and who can stay.:confused:

I have been on this forum for many years and I will continue to post until the obvious few that would like me banned finally get their way.

Anyway, more importantly, Paul Nicholls is on The Morning Line this morning so no doubt he will give everyone lots of information for people to disect about Denman!;)

Spread the love everyone, it's Valentine's Day today!:<3::<3:

You guys have got to learn how to laugh at yourselves sometimes!

If i'm having a difficult day or time with someone I usually end up cracking jokes about myself or them, it gets me through...

Stop taking it so seriously; if it is that serious you need to consider ignoring each other or leaving the forum.

I totally agree, Martin. Sadly, this saga has been ongoing off and on for (literally) years like some sad, old soap opera. Same old people... same old sarcastic comments....same old trying to wind people up to get them banned when they retaliate. Anyway, enough said from me.

Anyway....back to Denman!:)

Stop taking it so seriously; if it is that serious you need to consider ignoring each other or leaving the forum.

Absolutely. I'm getting tired of viewing multiple threads supposed to be about interesting topics only to find the posts to be the usual bickering between the usual suspects.

If you have issues with one another, go elsewhere and do it between yourselves else you will be on your own on here before long.

Last edited:
There is one simple solution Gamla,but unfortunately it would appear that it isn't going to happen.

There was one very nasty post yesterday that was almost immediately deleted (well done to the mod who did so),so quickly in fact that the person it was aimed at didn't even get chance to read it!

The amount of times I have had to bite my tongue over the years,because if I posted my true feelings then I would get into trouble,and it just isn't worth it!

Errrm.... Arkers, if that's pointed at me, I put up a post yesterday and then immediately deleted it. It wasn't nasty, I just deleted it and re worded it slightly so if this is another attempt to stir... sorry - it didn't work!

If it is someone's elses post you are talking that a moderator subsequently deleted then I apologise.

For someone allegedly ignoring me, Kathy, you have an unhealthy interest in anything I post either on this forum or other forums and always seem to respond, so your post above is pretty meaningless.

Songsheet, I have chosen to ignore your continual efforts to wind me up. I know you have a desire to see me banned from here but you are going to have to try a darn site harder. Your posts say far more about you than they do about me!

Rory, I will NEVER forgive you for that horrendous posting you made about me. I will continue to ignore you both on and off the forum and please note I do not need (and have never needed I might add) you to defend my right to post on this forum. I just do not know why you are the one that seems to be saying who will be chased away and who can stay.:confused:

I have been on this forum for many years and I will continue to post until the obvious few that would like me banned finally get their way.

That is a great idea....the likes of Kathy, Songsheet, Shadow Leader etc should all be bloody forced to use the ignore function. This constant sniping cannot go on particularly when they are ruinning a quality thread like this.

Mods please clean up this thread (including this post) and if members are not going to be banned please enforce them to use the ignore function.

Nicholls was also on Morning Line last weekend saying that the race had really woken Denman up and that he hated going right-handed. However, he was still concerned about him being much lighter than last season and although he’s sure he’ll improve he’s not sure by how much… which of course isn’t saying much. Most of us are confident that he’ll run better than 160, but few if any are expecting 185.

175 is usually about good enough to win, so he still has some sort of a chance.

However, he was still concerned about him being much lighter than last season and although he’s sure he’ll improve he’s not sure by how much… .

175 is usually about good enough to win, so he still has some sort of a chance.

Nicholls actually said that he was weighing the exact same as last year and went into the race looking as well (in his coat) as last years gold cup. Can't say i'm convinced myself.

Last edited:
Nicholls actually said that he was weighing the exact same as last year and went into the race looking as well (in his coat) as last years gold cup. Can't say i'm convinced myself.

He's getting back to the same weight as last season, but he has been much lighter up to this point, documented at several points this season - i.e. the trainer has been bemoaning he has had nothing to work off him.

As those sites I linked to point out, the drug he was given to correct his heart fibrillation usually results in severe loss of condition as its principal side-effect, so that is not surprising.

Back