Gold Cup 2023

Is Noble Yeats now a credible gold cup horse?

Yes.

RPRs going into the race (adj to 12-0):

Horse
Weight
OR
RPR
Dashel Drasher
11-4
Ahoy Senor
11-7
Sam Brown
11-8
Sounds Russian
11-4
Chantry House
11-10
Noble Yeats
11-8

<tbody>
</tbody>

If we say the next three home have run their races (ie 167, 166 and 159 respectively) to within a pound or so, then Noble Yeats emerges with around 174 [RPR].

APT got RPR 184 for winning the Gold Cup and is currently on OR 180 so more improvement needed but NY is a second-season novice with youth on his side and can improve again.

Every year we get these wannabe Gold Cup pretenders.

Sorry Outsider but Hewick probably won't even run in the Gold Cup

As for Noble Yeats.Really guys? you have to be joking.

For starters as I have been saying for over a year Ahoy Senor has a screw lose .

Taking on Galopin Des Champs Protektorat L'Homme Presse A Plus Tard and waiting in the wings Alloha
Is 1000 miles different than beating a handicapper like Dasher Drasher........
He won the National getting 12lbs off Kim Muit winner Anysecond Now who JP wouldn't even consider sending to the Gold Cup.

10/1 for the Gold Cup..geez are they taking the *Pi$$ or what?

Last edited:
Every year we get these wannabe Gold Cup pretenders.

Sorry Outsider but Hewick probably won't even run in the Gold Cup

As for Noble Yeats.Really guys? you have to be joking.

Burrough Hill Lad,Charter Party,The Thinker,Norton's Coin,Synchronised and Native River all came from relative obscurity.
I think BHL carried 10stone 6lbs to win a Welsh National less than 3montbs before the Gold Cup.

For starters as I have been saying for over a year Ahoy Senor has a screw lose .

Taking on Galopin Des Champs Protektorat L'Homme Presse A Plus Tard and waiting in the wings Alloha
Is 1000 miles different than beating a handicapper like Dasher Drasher........
He won the National getting 12lbs off Kim Muit winner Anysecond Now who JP wouldn't even consider sending to the Gold Cup.

10/1 for the Gold Cup..geez are they taking the *Pi$$ or what?

Burrough Hill Lad,The Thinker,Charter Party,Master Oats,Norton's Coin,Synchronised and Native River all came from relative obscurity.
BHL carr ied 10 6to win the Welsh National less than 3 months before winning the Gold Cup.

I don’t think any horse is going to have to reach 184 to beat A Plus Tard this time round.

Given the way that race was run yesterday I would bet heavily that Noble Yeats is more Champ than Burrough Hill Lad. Ahoy Senor and DD emptied in a very Minella Indo/Allaho RSA way.

My gut-feel is that yesterday’s race says much more about the Gold Cup hopes of the beaten horses (i.e. zero), than it does about Noble Yates prospects, tbh.

My gut-feel is that yesterday’s race says much more about the Gold Cup hopes of the beaten horses (i.e. zero), than it does about Noble Yates prospects, tbh.

I thought they both stopped like shot and made Noble Yeats look like aflying machine. The 4th who looked well beaten closed right up on the 2nd and 3rd in the closing stages.

I would say Potektorat's perfomace in the Betfair was miles ahead of that by Noble Yeats.

As Granger netioned Galopin Des Champs is due to run soon......I dread to think what he would do to the likes of Ahoy Senor.

I don’t think any horse is going to have to reach 184 to beat A Plus Tard this time round.

APT was apparently suffering from an infection - bloods came back wrong - probably also explains his flight knees and reluctance to race at start.

APT was apparently suffering from an infection - bloods came back wrong - probably also explains his flight knees and reluctance to race at start.

Yes, HDB spoke about it this afternoon in an interview at Cork today. They think it might have been an allergic reaction to something, but they don't know what. Lancashire hotpot or lobscouse, perhaps?

Galopin des champs 5/2 must be the worse a/p at the festival. 3m 2f at Cheltenham is a special distance and some top class 3 milers struggled in the gold cup.he might well win it but 5/2 is a ridiculous price. Imo

The thing about Galopin Des Champs is he's as fast as most 2 milers yet over 3 miles he seemed to relish the trip as a novice.

If he stays the trip at Cheltenham I doubt if anything will live with him.

The bookies are obviously thinking the same way and I certainly wouldn't lay him at any price, north of 6/4, even at this stage,

Back