Gold Cup (Ascot)

Oh beaulox,hope it's not too bad.

Never thought I'd see the day when Illustrious Blue was winning a Goodwood Cup.

Hope they can save him - did not look like an actual break? Age Of Aquarius broke down in case anyone did not see.

Hope AOA is ok Gal - screens are up but that's done as a matter of course for all equine injuries.

Great to see Illustrious Blue get his Cup win after running so well this year :)

OK the circumstances may not be the best but it was great to see Illustrious Blue win. An old favourite of mine (oft tipped on here) he is clearly very versatile and seemingly has a great attitude. Only a small bet, for old times sake, but I thoroughly enjoyed that, shouting at the TV in the closing stages.

RTE reported that he had a suspected fracture in a bone near his fetlock. Career rather than life threatening. Hall & Walsh didn't seem over-confident about the accuracy of the report.

Reported on the RP site that he's suffered severe ligament damage rather than a break or fracture. Fingers crossed they can save him even if he doesn't race again.

Age Of Aquarius
After sustaining a serious injury yesterday in the Goodwood Cup Age Of Aquarius was transferred to the Arundel Veterinary Hospital where he received great care and attention for which we are very grateful.
Age Of Aquarius has arrived back to Fethard Equine Hospital this morning and we are delighted to report that we are going to be able to save the horse for breeding. Essentially he has torn ligaments at the back of his fetlock joint and although his recuperation will be long, we hope and expect that he should be back out in the paddock in a few months.

Back