Grand Prix de Paris

chroniclandlord

Senior Jockey
Only 15 left in as of today, including 8 from Ballydoyle, although I think that there is a supplementary entry on Friday.

Age of Aquarius and Black Bear Island look the best of O'Brien's, while Behestam, Cavalryman and Wajir look the pick of the home contenders.

Beheshtam
Cavalryman
Almail
Freemantle
Wajir
Johann Zoffany
Liszt
Age Of Aquarius
Black Bear Island
Hail Caesar

Cavalryman

Although beaten by Cutlass Bay the time before last, has since been massively impressive and for me is possibly the 3yo French colt that I've been waiting for to shake up the Arc market.

Wonder what Heffernan’s instructions are this time: “See here Seamie, I want you to chew up the opposition on Freemantle and stop in front of anything looking like it’s coming with a run. When Johnny comes past you let him go and jump on anything chasing after him so. If after all that it looks like you are going to win, under no circumstances do so unless the alternative is the fecking Arab thing… Listen, as far as the press is concerned you were using your initiative, okay so?”

There's also a Group 2 up for grabs on tomorrow's card. Any strong ideas?... It might not take much winning.

I'm weighing up what figure to give Wajir who I think is well over priced.

This is clearly Aidan O'Briens B team flying the flag, and given that the winner usually goes into the front 4 or 5 in the betting for the Arc in recent years, you'd be disappointed if any of his runners who must rate no better than his 4th choice at best, could be beat the alleged cream of France (alright I exaggerate a bit).

At this stage I think I'm siding with Wajir but need to do a little bit more digging around, I could give him up 6 different ratings for the Prix Hocquet ranging from 105.70 which would make him unbeatable, down to 88.47 which means he's beating just Liszt, Johann Zoffany, and Hail Caesar

There's also a Group 2 up for grabs on tomorrow's card. Any strong ideas?... It might not take much winning.

Why? Looks a decent field to me: plenty of group wins on show, including a G1 and some multiple G3 winners. Some G1 place form too. A couple have bits and bobs of form behind Alpine Rose and I know Irish Stamp was keen on Pointilliste earlier in the year. You have to respect stayers from that yard.

I haven't seen any prices yet, but hopefully the market is formed around Bannaby with prices available on Shemima and Pointilliste.

Back