Guineas

Air Force Blue looks like he has not trained on - a drop back to sprinting might suit but a Dewhurst winner who does not quite stay a mile should be being collared close home not beaten out of sight

Delighted for jockey and trainer.Well done to the boys who pointed him out after his Madrid handicap win.Probably the second best winner of that race.

Some of us backed him to win the price of a house FTO. Imagine how we feel.

Air Force Blue looks like he has not trained on - a drop back to sprinting might suit but a Dewhurst winner who does not quite stay a mile should be being collared close home not beaten out of sight
He's just gone weak. Think I'm right in saying he's a late foal in any case? Needs putting away for an autumn campaign IMO if they are to salvage anything.

I said straight after the Guineas that it was a One Cool Cat type failure-hard to see him bouncing back from that.

Any views on todays 1000 guineas?

Other than being FTO, Tanaza's form and breeding is not represented in her price imo. Backed her e/w for some interest.

Tremendous performance from the winner, no fluke as they were miles clear of the others. Delighted for connections and nice to see a cheaply bought horse beat the blue bloods.

It sounds like Minding did very well in the circumstances

Minding's trainer Aidan O'Brien was keen not to deflect any glory from the winner, but explaining the injury sustained by the favourite in the stalls, said: "Ryan said she anticipated the gate and banged her head, grazing the skin down the side of her face and nostril."It's just one of those things and she ran very well but Adrian had his filly in super shape and Shane gave her a great ride.
"We were delighted to be second and hopefully she'll be grand. Her sinus burst and the blood came down her nose and you can never know what kind of effect that has, but it obviously wasn't a positive."
On whether Minding will still go for the Oaks, O'Brien added: "It was a bit of an afterthought coming here, we skipped a piece of work and brought her here instead and I don't think there will be any change of plan."

I know they have a lot of horses but not so impressive that the Hannons have let today's winner and G Force go over the last couple of years

Back