Guineas

Backed Marcel e/w at 10's. RP trophy not necessarily a great indicator for the guineas but I was quite taken with that run, his pedigree suggests a mile to ten furlongs will be his trip and he'll stay.

Sheikh Hamdan has entrusted him with a fair few horses - He has only had runners for that owner so far.

What on earth was going on with Air Force Blue there? Never looked comfortable and was beaten absolutely miles out.

well done Luke...........

It takes the flat a week to accumulate the same amount of shocks at the top of the tree you get over jumps in a season.

What on earth was going on with Air Force Blue there? Never looked comfortable and was beaten absolutely miles out.

For me he just looked on the weak side beforehand - he's a leggy horse and I wonder if he is having a growth spurt? Lovely mover but typically overhyped by Coolmore & AOB.

It was a One Cool Cat type blowout-I'm thinking two year old who hasn't trained on with possible breathing issues.

Fav was dreadful, beaten a long way out and another horse AOB has massively over hyped.

At least when Frankel was dotting up the great Cecil kept his trap shut and let the horse do the talking for him.

With the first three in the betting finishing the last three in the race, it's very tempting to write this off as a poor Guineas but the time of the race actually suggests otherwise. It involves taking a positive view of Folkswood's time in the last race of the day but that's not too difficult (impressive, lightly-raced winner, field well strung-out) and if you do that Galileo Gold's performance on the clock is decent. I rate it 126.

Last edited:
What do we make of future targets for the rest of the field?
The winner may step up in time, I see Massaat has a Dante entry and that's he'd be going if he were mine
The vibes about Buratino were good but I feel sprinting could be best option there, I'd be surprised if we seen the fav again this season if at all.

Last edited:
How often do we get 20/1 and four places available about a Criquette Head runner in a Guineas?

Yesterday I thought Massaat ran a terrific race. Maybe just ran with the choke out a bit in the first half. I was surprised to hear the trainer opine that he was beautifully settled. I must have been watching a different horse.

What do we make of future targets for the rest of the field?
The winner may step up in time, I see Massaat has a Dante entry and that's he'd be going if he were mine
The vibes about Buratino were good but I feel sprinting could be best option there, I'd be surprised if we seen the fav again this season if at all.

Commonwealth Cup is an obvious target-retirement if he blows out -Breeders Cup Mile long term target if he wins.

Air Force Blue certainly disappointing.
Tongue straps not an attractive addition to Classic prospects from a racing or breeding viewpoint.
Delighted to see Paco Boy sire a classic winner; he was a favourite racehorse of mine and so so consistent.
War Front has a reputation Stateside as siring "one bend horses " i.e non stayers.
Declaration of War may have been a bit of a freak but time will tell.

Coolmore are surely getting to the point where they realise War Front isn't a classic sire..... They have been supporting him so much for the last few seasons but his horses generally don't get a mile very well.

Dettori deserves credit for another great ride, last few seasons have reminded everyone how good he is at the top table. Tremendous ride and a good winner.

Shithouse tactics on Lumiere. That **** needs to stick to training handicappers.

That said very impressive winner.

powerful performance. didn't take long for the ballydoyle lot to bounce back.

agree with euro about the weird tactics on lumiere. doubtful stayer so they go forward with her?

Last edited:
All is forgiven!! very impressive......250 Group winners that is unreal.

Global Applause is a big drifter but it's meaningless..I'm getting stuck in

Back