Guineas

Churchill's continuing strength in the market is quite striking given the very credible opposition which has come out of the trials. Plenty of punters it seems are happy to draw a distinction between him and Air Force Blue on account of their different sires. He's too short for me but they might be right.

The real test of his strength will be 5 mins the off. All the market is telling us now is that he's running and all is well.

Last edited:
The real test of his strength will be 5 mins the off. All the market is telling us now is that he's running and all is well.

Bound to be some 9/4 knocking about somewhere in the morning but id say he goes off 7/4 or thereabouts
He wins for me.

Bound to be some 9/4 knocking about somewhere in the morning but id say he goes off 7/4 or thereabouts
He wins for me.

Zero chance of 9/4 in the morning. What happens on the show is another story.

Hills will be going 2/1 in the morning -no good to me due to a falling out years ago-will be interesting to see if 365 match it or dismiss it as a promotional price.

Hills will be going 2/1 in the morning -no good to me due to a falling out years ago-will be interesting to see if 365 match it or dismiss it as a promotional price.

Be retarded to price match a £25 max bet price. I'd respect firms more for going 6/4 a laying a proper bet.

Is Lancaster Bomber not a sound each way bet? He came second at this track at 66/1 last season. He's not rated that far off the favourites. He is trained by someone who has history in doing extremely well with second strings. He's a seasoned pro and his proven ability is what it is. If one or two of the market leaders have an off day Lancaster Bomber can grab a place.

Last edited:
Is Lancaster Bomber not a sound each way bet? He came second at this track at 66/1 last season. He's not rated that far off the favourites. He is trained by someone who has history in doing extremely well with second strings. He's a seasoned pro and his proven ability is what it is. If one or two of the market leaders have an off day Lancaster Bomber can grab a place.

Can't see it myself, Marble, but good luck with it. Just think he was flattered by the way the Dewhurst panned out. Even if two of the top four in the betting underperformed that would leave him competing for a place with Dream Castle and Larchmont Lad and I'd prefer both of them to Lancaster Bomber. Mind you, if I knew what was going to happen I wouldn't still be working for a living.

Reet made a good point on the other Guineas thread which is related to Churchill's strength in the market
It's quite feasible that Ryan Moore wins the first 3 races on the card- after that you can easily see him going off 10/11.

Al Wukair does look a bet. The clincher for me is that not only did he convincingly beat Gr1 winner National Defense in his trial, he was strongly fancied to do it. The form of the Deauville race he won is respectable enough.

Back