Hebridean - Road To The Triumph Hurdle

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
Anybody who considers Brady an idiot needs to buy a dictionary; he's as sharp as a tack and a huge character. If his fella wins the Triumph, the scenes will be justifiably uproarious. I hope it happens.

Thanks a million Arks, didnt see that article. Think that shows what a man he truely is. Backs up Rorys point, nobodys fool!

Please god Ebadiyan makes it to the festival. Anyone goin to the festival who wants a Monaghan jersey need only PM me for one!

Thanks a million Arks, didnt see that article. Think that shows what a man he truely is. Backs up Rorys point, nobodys fool!

Please god Ebadiyan makes it to the festival. Anyone goin to the festival who wants a Monaghan jersey need only PM me for one!

I will be packing a few as well del boy.

Do you know which bank is the new sponsor?

Perhaps if he has a winner at the Festival, it would only be fitting if he's upstaged in the winners enclosure by connections of the third.

Has henderson had an influx of world beaters or has Barry made a big difference?

I think Henderson had a blip mainly because he was relying on much older horses nearing retirement; a few of the right age like Trabolgan got injured; and the young ones hadn't come through yet - now they have and suddenly he has a wealth of talent again.

Also for a while when Mick was injured (twice) he was mostly using second tier jocks and Conditionals. He's given a lot of rides to AP this season as well as Barry G

I will be packing a few as well del boy.

Do you know which bank is the new sponsor?

Its a major bank i believe, Investec Bank if i have heard right. Got an invite to the launch tonight but was unable to go due to work committments. But the night of the County Convention i was told it was them, if im thinkin straight!! Its an international bank anyways. Dont ask me how or why we got them involved, i know the Mohans had done enough and were great sponsors in fairness to them.

You Monaghan then Distant?

back to the horse

he won very well and looks a nice horse but I dont see any reason for him to reverse the form with Jumbo Rio or Mourad.

Its a major bank i believe, Investec Bank if i have heard right. Got an invite to the launch tonight but was unable to go due to work committments. But the night of the County Convention i was told it was them, if im thinkin straight!! Its an international bank anyways. Dont ask me how or why we got them involved, i know the Mohans had done enough and were great sponsors in fairness to them.

You Monaghan then Distant?

Yes from Monaghan town Del Boy although based in Dublin.

Erzen is a potentially interesting horse for the triumph. Two undistinguished runs for Oxx but I believe he has settled in well at Seven Barrows and is working very micely indeed. He should debut pretty soon.

I thought Colleoni ran an interesting race in yesterday's event. Only his second run over hurdles and he looked to be travelling really well at the rear of the field, left behind over the last two hurdles.

Would he be a likely runner in the 4-y-o handicap at Cheltenham, the Fred Winter is it?

Last edited:
he won very well and looks a nice horse but I dont see any reason for him to reverse the form with Jumbo Rio or Mourad.

Was given far too much to do that day by an inexperienced jockey, sunybay.

That said, I'm not totally convinced he will reverse the form either, and have consequently backed the O'Grady horse.

Erzen is a potentially interesting horse for the triumph. Two undistinguished runs for Oxx but I believe he has settled in well at Seven Barrows and is working very micely indeed. He should debut pretty soon.

That will be interesting, but so far as I know Zaynar is their Triumph horse
Isn't that your info too Chris?

Hebridean reappears today in the 1.30 at Kempton. Up against a Henderson horse that has been well punted, currently trading money on on betfair. Interesting race in prospect, looks between them.

I thought the winner looked very good. Was seriously impressed with the way he travelled and quickened when asked. Im not sure if Hebridean doesnt stay, thought they both ran all the way to the line..

Maybe so; his performance seemed impressive enough but I wouldn't get too carried away - he beat a non-stayer and a lot of reasonably mediocre animals.

Maybe so; his performance seemed impressive enough but I wouldn't get too carried away - he beat a non-stayer and a lot of reasonably mediocre animals.

They were a poor lot in behind alright. I thought that when hebridean looked likely to loom upsides, the winner quickened away nicely.

What price the horse is ante-post fav for Chester Cup at some stage given Henderson's record in big Flat handicaps and Ainama's track record?

He will certainly travel during the race. Would not rule him out. 14/1 general.

Last edited:
Back