Hope No-ones Intending To Fly This Week....

It's just a shame that white English people have to tip toe around everyone else they are deemed racist.

Can a white english person stand up and say i've had enough of all this bulsh#t?

Of course they can, we live in a free country. What they can also (but shouldn't do) is express hugely racist views.

Originally posted by PDJ@Aug 10 2006, 11:30 AM
Of course they can, we live in a free country. What they can also (but shouldn't do) is express hugely racist views.
Saying that profiling should be used to search people of a certain origin is not racist.

If I was to turn around and call these people names due to their background, or not give them a job due to the colur of their skin (just a few examples), then fair do's i'd be a racist.

The word racist seems to used for pretty much anything a white english person says now.

But suspecting them of being terrorists because of their skin colour isn't racist. Okaaaay....

Originally posted by PDJ@Aug 10 2006, 11:37 AM
But suspecting them of being terrorists because of their skin colour isn't racist. Okaaaay....
I didn't say they were terrorists, again people jumping on a statement and making it racist.

I said check them as they fit the profile, 99.99% would be ok. We aren't looking for white english people flying to Magaluf.

If they were looking for white men over 30 it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, if it made life easy for other people then i'd be happy to help but again for some reason we have to be sensitive.

Looking at it now, i think it's the white people that cause all the problems. Most asian people would probably be happy to help but you'd have some white english person saying saying how racist it is. All these PC people make the world such a lovely place.

The PC jibe is commonly used by racists and bigots trying to hide their views behind supposed common sense.

Your point is that on grounds of ethnicity that people from SE Asia should be picked out and checked .

It ignores

a, Muslims are NOT a race . Islam is a religion and there are members from a multifarious range of different ethnic backgrounds . As Brian pointed out Richard Reid was from a mixed race Jamaican-English background. The white Englishman flying to Magaluf might be less likely to be a radical Islamic terrorist but it is not impossible . Indeed , if you were a white radical Muslim what better way to disguise yourself

b, The peoples of SE Asia comprise numerous religions -Hindusim, Sikhism for a start .

In essence , your proposal is to impose wholly unjustified collective punishment and isolationon the grounds of colour of skin. The sort of rubbish that was used to justify internment such that my great grandparents were interned in WW1 for being German whilst their sons fought for Britain on the Western Front :angry:

Moreover , if you want to radicalise more young Muslims then your proposal is a recruiting sergeant .

Originally posted by Craig_uk@Aug 10 2006, 12:28 PM
It's just a shame that white English people have to tip toe around everyone else they are deemed racist.

Can a white english person stand up and say i've had enough of all this bulsh#t?
Did you take that quote directly from American History X?

Seems startingly familiar to me. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do, because you'd no doubt empathise very strongly with Derek's rant at the dinner table.

Originally posted by Flagship uberalles+Aug 10 2006, 03:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Flagship uberalles @ Aug 10 2006, 03:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Craig_uk@Aug 10 2006, 12:28 PM

Seems startingly familiar to me. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do, because you'd no doubt empathise very strongly with Derek's rant at the dinner table. [/b][/quote]
Indeed. Brilliant film, and of course Ed Norton`s character renounced his views once he was forced to work with a black man in prison.

Back to the flying for the next few days question SL.

I was due to fly back home later this evening after looking after my dad who has been ill. I decided to change my flight and fly home early saturday morning instead, i'm thinking if i'm delayed at least i will have a full day to still get home.
I do have one somewhat selfish 'mummy' worry though. I am due to fly back over here in ten days time with my three year old. My wee worry is that i usually have to carry sweets for him to chew while the plane takes off and lands, to stop his ears popping and also to stop occasional nose bleeds ( don't ask why this helps to stop his nose bleeding as i've no idea but it does :huh: ) I'm guessing this won't be allowed now will it? Plus i know my little angel of terror will want to know why he is not allowed his crayons and colouring book which he always has when he flies, not sure how i'm going to explain to a three year old about that one :confused: Don't get me wrong as i am taking all of this security deadly serious, it is just one of those mummy questions which i'm sure most travelling mums are dealing with!
Might have to go check out the ferries and train timetables now. I'm sure not complaining mind, what has to be done has to be done in this day and age.

Originally posted by Flagship uberalles+Aug 10 2006, 01:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Flagship uberalles @ Aug 10 2006, 01:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Craig_uk@Aug 10 2006, 12:28 PM

Seems startingly familiar to me. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do, because you'd no doubt empathise very strongly with Derek's rant at the dinner table. [/b][/quote]
Yes i really enjoyed it.

As a non racist white english person, i shall go sit under a stone due to fear of upsetting anyone and then being classed racist.

You'll have a lot to look forward to then Soba - at least I only have to worry about myself! I'm sure I can manage without a book & an ipod for a couple of hours - just so long as I make it to the races!!!

Originally posted by Craig_uk@Aug 10 2006, 12:09 PM
Just stop all Pakistani/Indian (yes that background) people and check them, the people plotting this are all of that nature.

Craig, take a look at this article with its acompanying photo of the terrorist suspected of masterminding both the Madrid and London bombings. Would he fit your description of people who should be stopped?

Article

Well if that's the case, sure we'll just build a huge glass dome over the British Isles, close the borders, and shoot everyone whose family hasn't lived here for 200 years.

Then we've only got to worry about the IRA kicking off again.

I don't know. I quite like Craig's idea. But only if we can add people with limps, hunchbacks (or whatever your goddamn pc phrase for it is), spazzies, Celtic FC players and Australians to the list.

Oh, and judging by that photo we should also be checking anyone with a beard and/or ropey bodywarmers and sheepies.

Originally posted by Triptych+Aug 10 2006, 04:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Triptych @ Aug 10 2006, 04:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Craig_uk@Aug 10 2006, 12:09 PM
Just stop all Pakistani/Indian (yes that background) people and check them, the people plotting this are all of that nature.

Craig, take a look at this article with its acompanying photo of the terrorist suspected of masterminding both the Madrid and London bombings. Would he fit your description of people who should be stopped?

Article [/b][/quote]
He looks like he is ready for a trip to Magaluf.

In the middle of all this I think it should be mentioned what a good inteligence job the security services and the Met Police special anti-terrorist branch have done. I understand that they were aided greatly by both the US and Pakistan security services.

Back