Horses to follow - Flat

Nisser didn't look suited by the step up in trip and he's got a bit to prove now.

Anyone who saw Marsha win the Listed event on Ayr's card yesterday can't fail to have been impressed. She pulled like a train throughout but still swept past a decent field in a canter and won with her ears pricked. Five furlongs is clearly her trip and if she ever learns to settle the sky's the limit.

Margot Did picked up said race at Ayr on her way to winning the Nunthorpe and on Saturdays performance there's no reason Marsha couldn't head there if she continues in that sort of form.

Last edited:
Margot Did picked up said race at Ayr on her way to winning the Nunthorpe and on Saturdays performance there's no reason Marsha couldn't head there if she continues in that sort of form.

16/1 with Paddy Power if you're interested, Fonz.

16/1 with Paddy Power if you're interested, Fonz.

She'd definetly have a chance as the race has been a real fillies friend the past few years but 16/1 doesn't appeal much, Margot was 33/1 on the morning of the race :)

Last edited:
Eyecatcher alert!
Heatstroke in the last at Sandown tonight, a well bred sort for C Hills/Fitri Hay who was off
Since a maiden win in October '14
Held up out the back this evening and nursed into the race when into the straight making stealthy headway into 4th under a tender ride.
One to keep an eye on this summer.

This one has 2 entries in the coming week - a 10f class 3 h'cap at Sandown on Friday and at Ripon on Monday also over 10f.
I see he also has what admittedly looks a vet optimistic entry in the Sussex stakes, While he's obviously not up to that class I can see connections patience with him being rewarded soon enough.

This one has 2 entries in the coming week - a 10f class 3 h'cap at Sandown on Friday and at Ripon on Monday also over 10f.
I see he also has what admittedly looks a vet optimistic entry in the Sussex stakes, While he's obviously not up to that class I can see connections patience with him being rewarded soon enough.

Not declared for Either engagement above but entered at Yarmouth on Wednesday over 10f and at HQ over a mile on Thursday, also I see has been given an entry in the Betfred mile at Goodwood as well as the Sussex.

Anyone who saw Marsha win the Listed event on Ayr's card yesterday can't fail to have been impressed. She pulled like a train throughout but still swept past a decent field in a canter and won with her ears pricked. Five furlongs is clearly her trip and if she ever learns to settle the sky's the limit.

She runs in a hot race at York this afternoon. Ridge Ranger gave the Ayr form a boost yesterday and it will be fascinating to see how Marsha gets on against the likes of Muthmir, Kachy and Easton Angel. Accepting restraint would hugely help her cause. She could totally bomb out but I actually think current odds of 13/2 underestimate her winning chance today.

She runs in a hot race at York this afternoon. Ridge Ranger gave the Ayr form a boost yesterday and it will be fascinating to see how Marsha gets on against the likes of Muthmir, Kachy and Easton Angel. Accepting restraint would hugely help her cause. She could totally bomb out but I actually think current odds of 13/2 underestimate her winning chance today.

That was impressive, especially with Easton Angel getting first run on her, Marsha should be a big player for the Nunthorpe although if it turned up quicker ground which is far from assured EA would be of definite interest.

Just bear in mind Marsha isn't currently entered in the Nunthorpe. Goes to King George at Goodwood I think, and may be supplemented for Nunthorpe if going well there I believe.

Dal Harraild looked an unlucky loser to me in a valuable 12f handicap at Ascot yesterday, held up out the back in a steadily-run race and ending up with just too much to do. He was only beaten two necks in the end, is clearly thriving, can only go up a pound or two and is just the sort Haggas does well with. There's a suitable race for him at Goodwood at the end of the month.

I backed Nakeeta in the two-miler at York on Saturday. Didn't collect but I think this gelding still has a decent long-distance handicap in him this season. He went agonisingly close in the Chester Cup, of course, and this was his second run since. Held up in a slowly-run affair, he looked to be travelling quite well for much of the home straight but he never really got into it, finishing fourth of ten in the end, just over four lengths behind the winner, Magic Circle. He met very minor traffic problems which didn't help his cause although he wouldn't have won anyway. He won't go up for it and might even be dropped a pound which would leave him only just above the mark off which he ran so well at Chester. He strikes me as needing a strong gallop to be effective at two miles and he might be best at even further so races which suggest themselves are the 2m5f handicap at Goodwood at the end of the month plus the Cesarewitch (and the Cesarewitch trial, for that matter) later in the season.

A hugely impressive performance this evening from Blue Point in a minor event at Doncaster.

He won without coming off the bridle by eleven lengths from a filly with decent Listed race form on her CV and the time by my calculations was top-class. By Shamardal out of a Royal Applause mare, Blue Point cost £210k as a yearling and the sky's the limit. He'll stay 7f for sure and probably a mile.

I backed Boynton for the Dewhurst earlier today and it would be just my luck if he's supplanted by Blue Point as the main Godolphin hope for that race. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Sindarban looked a serious tool when winning the Cumberland Plate at Carlisle last month, In what is a hugely competitive heat and off top weight he relished the strong pace on and came there hacking and even after meeting a slight bit of trouble managed to maneuver his way to win snugly.
Hit with only 6lb rise after that win looks to be lenient and whilst the books haven't taken any chances with his opening price he should be going very close in the Ripon bell-ringer tomorrow.

Are you giving Heatstroke another chance at Newbury today, Fonz? On pedigree this step up in trip should be right up his street but he did race keenly over 9f at Yarmouth when beaten fav.

He's a biggish price - 15/2 at present in a seven-runner race.

I'd have had my doubts about backing him round Newbury if he was running today-I'm not sure a small field and stiff track is to his liking. I don't see why he shouldn't relish the extra 2f if he settle well with plenty of cover.

Sindarban looked a serious tool when winning the Cumberland Plate at Carlisle last month, In what is a hugely competitive heat and off top weight he relished the strong pace on and came there hacking and even after meeting a slight bit of trouble managed to maneuver his way to win snugly.
Hit with only 6lb rise after that win looks to be lenient and whilst the books haven't taken any chances with his opening price he should be going very close in the Ripon bell-ringer tomorrow.

Sindarban isn't one to give up on on that showing, trapped out wide off a stop start pace set allowed to be set by franny Norton which is pretty much the opposite of what he thrives on, Blue Hussar could be worth following as he was one of the few to make up good ground from the rear off that pace.

Does anybody on here think Ballydoyle might send Minding to the Sussex against the boys instead of a procession in the Nassau? She is 12's for the former and 4/7 for the latter.

I ask because there are a couple of horses that look good each way value in the Nassau at present. The possibility of Minding switching to the Sussex would make me slightly more eager to have a bet anti-post in the Nassau. I've no inclination as to whether there s any chance of this happening, any thoughts?

Where's Slim Shady when you need him?

Last edited:
Does anybody on here think Ballydoyle might send Minding to the Sussex against the boys instead of a procession in the Nassau? She is 12's for the former and 4/7 for the latter.

I ask because there are a couple of horses that look good each way value in the Nassau at present. The possibility of Minding switching to the Sussex would make me slightly more eager to have a bet anti-post in the Nassau. I've no inclination as to whether there s any chance of this happening, any thoughts?

Where's Slim Shady when you need him?

From everything I've read, the plan for her to go for the Nassau seems pretty much set in stone.

Thanks Gus and Reet. Your long odds-on to be right, I guess with them having The Gurkha as 5/2 second favourite for the Sussex this does look straightforward.

I wonder what happen in the scenario that The Gurkha had to miss The Sussex though,(not that I want that to happen!), would they not be tempted to take Galileo's Gold scalp? :)

If she's that good then why not start her campaign against the colts now?
She won the 1000 Guineas at headquarters well enough. I reckon if The Gurkha wasn't running in the Sussex it would be closer call than you lads think. They could always work their way back up in trip in the Juddmonte/Irish Champion & Arc.

Last edited:
A hugely impressive performance this evening from Blue Point in a minor event at Doncaster.

He won without coming off the bridle by eleven lengths from a filly with decent Listed race form on her CV and the time by my calculations was top-class. By Shamardal out of a Royal Applause mare, Blue Point cost £210k as a yearling and the sky's the limit. He'll stay 7f for sure and probably a mile.

I backed Boynton for the Dewhurst earlier today and it would be just my luck if he's supplanted by Blue Point as the main Godolphin hope for that race. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Blue Point is a likely runner at Goodwood this week in the Richmond. He's set to take on Mehmas whose form and times at 6f are rock solid but Mehmas carries a 3lb penalty and if Blue Point is the horse I think he is that's a huge task.

Back