Horses to Follow

Love how Owners Phoenix Thoroughbred talk the talk with their horses

But they know what they are doing and I do think they will be a powerhouse in next year or two.

Like that have placed their Scat Daddy 2 year old Kadar with Karl Burke

The colt is yet to race but word is he knows whats what

Has a couple of entries at Haydock on Friday

Runs in the 6.15 Haydock

Got a Gosden/Dettori hot pot to beat.

Took the opening 11-2 each way, now 9-2. Be significant if he proves strong against the favourite who won on his debut

​Sea Of Class

Does not owe me anything now, but looks a solid favourite tomorrow at York [3.35] @ 6-4

Reason is vets cert as horse has abscess

Some nice comments this week from Trainer Karl Burke about ​Kadar

"A Lovely horse with any amount of ability...pedigree is laden with Stamina...cut in the ground would be ideal"

Set to go Haydock on September 6th for a mile maiden

Couple of Flat horses to follow this season

Both Godolphin owned and trained by Charlie Appleby

Brundtland

Key Victory

Both won Newmarket maidens on the same card last October. Key has always been considered a class act, but Brundtland has really wintered well I am reliably informed.

Did not get a chance to post this morning but ​Brundtland finally made seasonal debut today in France and Won a listed race @ 18-10. Would not be a surprise to see him running on Arc weekend

Ten Sovereigns looks nice after his demolition job at the Curragh yesterday. Well entered up.

Ten Sovereigns looks nice after his demolition job at the Curragh yesterday. Well entered up.
Wins the Group Three Round Tower Stakes today by three lengths. Odds on but a good time.
New Guineas joint fav with Too Darn Hot.

Last edited:
A lot I think!

That was impressive, and landing a big punt.

Interesting to hear the trainer saying afterwards that he wont be risked on fast ground, but could get a mile next season.

Is a horse to be quite excited about for 2018:)

​Al Hajar is no longer in training

Some nice comments this week from Trainer Karl Burke about ​Kadar

"A Lovely horse with any amount of ability...pedigree is laden with Stamina...cut in the ground would be ideal"

Set to go Haydock on September 6th for a mile maiden

Takes that engagement tomorrow [3.10]

Up against a Gosden hot favourite, but am on each way at 6-1 [Currently 9-2]

Takes that engagement tomorrow [3.10]

Up against a Gosden hot favourite, but am on each way at 6-1 [Currently 9-2]

GL tomorrow PB, will watch with interest. I'm no great shakes when it comes to a horse's breeding but why would cut be ideal for a Scat Daddy/Johannesburg colt? (just asking).

Back