I’m not feeling it....

I agree re too expensive: Even if Friday's Club wasn't sold out I wouldn't pay it to stand on the grass and not be able to see practically anything over rows and rows of heads, with no screen to help. I am not paying what they are asking for Tatts to stand in the parade ring and watch it on the screen there as much as I would love to be there to cheer Caollin on if he has a ride in the Triumphe either, plus petrol/parking/racecard.
I have never really forgiven them to be honest for not allowing me into the parade ring as the breeder when Rowley ran and there were literally dozens of people in there who had absolutely no connection with any of the horses running at all.
It's also just too many people. It's not enjoyable in that mass.
The parade ring is /has also been spoiled by the tv coverage as horses can't walk all the way round until the TV over. They don't show enough of the horses in the paddock either, concentrating on the favourites in the betting/or whichever owner is flavour of the season and suck up to them.
I have days off as have to use them up before year end so will combine with other things watching on the tele but too much of Chamberlain et al in the paddock, not enough horse flesh. Do love listening to Ruby's analysis which is a major plus of the coverage. I think they should get him to do an add on programme later in the day or something when can look at more than perhaps one horse per race.

Who needs Cheltenham? Someone in the know just filled their pockets at lowly Newcastle and picked up 27,000 from Retirement Beckons 130/1 on the machine..:lol:

I understand the feeling . The greed of Jockey Club racecourses is appalling and the golden goose is looking poorly. I have been an annual member since 2003 and not missed a day since Best Mate’s first Gold Cup but am seriously considering not renewing my membership . The latest greedfest is the development of Seat for the Season where annual members by paying double can reserve a seat outside the members area . Previous to 2022 this was only for Paddy power Gold cup day and the Festival . Those who have reserved largely only turn up for the Festival but now the racecourse has deployed its security staff to force second class members to sit in a small block of seats whilst 60% remain empty .

I have just noticed some reference in the media that Ballyburn looks set to run in the Gallagher on 'Style Wednesday.'

Beam me up, Scottie.

I understand the feeling . The greed of Jockey Club racecourses is appalling and the golden goose is looking poorly. I have been an annual member since 2003 and not missed a day since Best Mate’s first Gold Cup but am seriously considering not renewing my membership . The latest greedfest is the development of Seat for the Season where annual members by paying double can reserve a seat outside the members area . Previous to 2022 this was only for Paddy power Gold cup day and the Festival . Those who have reserved largely only turn up for the Festival but now the racecourse has deployed its security staff to force second class members to sit in a small block of seats whilst 60% remain empty .

There seems to be a LOT of disquiet over Facebook at the moment in many of the NH pages as well as ridicule on those posts by Cheltenham saying you can now pay in instalments for your tickets! In other words they’re not selling.

But they are treating people appallingly and I really hope it starts to backfire on them. People do however need to email them and explain why they’re not going. All too often we sit in this country and accept it when we’re treated badly. We rarely protest...unlike the French farmers who I currently greatly admire for their excellent tractor action in Paris.

I have twice emailed Cheltenham, once about the exorbitant price of drinks (£23 for a Diet Coke, a Doon beer and a disgusting glass of red wine out of a hosepipe) to which they replied they were in line with other sporting events......:rolleyes: and secondly about the blaring music during the entire day. They replied saying it filled in the time between races and people enjoyed it.....erm? Except you couldn’t actually hear each other talk standing around the paddock it was so effing loud!

I suspect that like many places, the Jokey Club Events side is now run by 12 year olds with degrees in Event Management which gives them the right to decide “the future”. The majority probably have never been near a horse in their lives.

I suspect that like many places, the Jokey Club Events side is now run by 12 year olds with degrees in Event Management which gives them the right to decide “the future”. The majority probably have never been near a horse in their lives.

Two things:

A) I think you've just given the company an appropriate new name.

B) I was going to post this morning that it was occurring to me that the business side of the festival was being 'managed' by younger people with no experience of a proper day at the races and whose own leisure time is spent at pop gigs.

Slightly connected, I think the same is happening at RTV. The new site is absolutely awful. It's all video links, as though the average visitor is unable to read news. Don't they realise it's umpteen times quicker to read a couple of paragraphs than to watch several minutes' worth of video for one important bit of information?

I'm often on the RP's case, whingeing about one thing or another but when they changed a couple of years back I emailed them telling them that when I visited the site the frst thing I wanted to see was the day's cards and not the day's news. They seem to have listened. The cards now appear first with news underneath.

I can't be arsed emailing RTV. I'm getting too old for that kind of sh1t.

Two things:

A) I think you've just given the company an appropriate new name.

B) I was going to post this morning that it was occurring to me that the business side of the festival was being 'managed' by younger people with no experience of a proper day at the races and whose own leisure time is spent at pop gigs.

Slightly connected, I think the same is happening at RTV. The new site is absolutely awful. It's all video links, as though the average visitor is unable to read news. Don't they realise it's umpteen times quicker to read a couple of paragraphs than to watch several minutes' worth of video for one important bit of information?

I'm often on the RP's case, whingeing about one thing or another but when they changed a couple of years back I emailed them telling them that when I visited the site the frst thing I wanted to see was the day's cards and not the day's news. They seem to have listened. The cards now appear first with news underneath.

I can't be arsed emailing RTV. I'm getting too old for that kind of sh1t.

Got to agree about RTV (grumpy old man, or not :)) it’s terrible. It used to have one of the best trackers around with plenty of room for notes - now only two lines are visible. NagMe probably the best for tracker, albeit a bit cumbersome. Next best is Timeform.

The stupidity of the racecourse management team was ably demonstrated yesterday, when they placed posters around certain parts of the site bearingthe legend: ‘What Price Are You To Get Served” accompanied with corset-splittingly hilarious pictures of jockey silks with faux horsey names like ‘Tipsy - 5/1’, ‘Slurred Words - 2500/1’ etc.

The place is run by abject fu*cking arseholes these days.

Here's something to cheer you up. Gallopin Des Champs and Shishlin will jump the last neck and neck.
.Trust me Shishkin will out battle him up the hill SHISHKIN will win the Gold Cup

Definitely agree about Racing TV site.very rarely use it nowadays. Totally crap.

I use it for race replays and sectionals but very little else and the [TV] picture quality via Firestick is truly awful. It's okay on my laptop, though, and I only pay £12.99 a month for it so have to balance out what I'm getting for my money and am happy to stick with it for now at that price.

Incredible governance by BHA to draw the publics attention away from the festival and point a neon sign at jockey's RnR tendencies.

Beam me up Scottie.

huffedtobeblue.com/phpbbv3/index.php?sid=1b4b3f66c93a317ad1bc25e0035f05b2

Here's something to cheer you up. Gallopin Des Champs and Shishlin will jump the last neck and neck.
Trust me Shishkin will out-battle him up the hill SHISHKIN will win the Gold Cup

Your Mick Fitz arent you

What would save the 2024 festival?

What will be the feel good moment of Cheltenham 2024?
I am trying to think. They'res nothing of the caliber of the Honeysuckle moment to think of. Sorry nothing outside of Hewick pulling off another miracle is likely to create magic

Last edited:
FFS. Please no, Trunch. Anything but that. The hysterical overreaction would want to make a grown-man puke.

I think he'll be at least in the first 3

A lot of question marks for most of the others, PP has been consistent this season, probably more than the previous 3

He's 18/1 and Crambo is 11/2, there was only a fag paper between em at Ascot

Back