If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Aslong as the weather isn't too bad next week, i'll be at Redcar tuesday (possibly monday but unlikely), Sedgefield thursday and Catterick friday

I am informed by Mrs DG she has Ruby withdrawal symptoms and therefore we have to attend Stratford races on Saturday evening.

I've got an interview in London on Thursday and I'm considering Sandown in the evening for the Brigadier Gerard and the Temple stakes. Anyone going to be there?

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@May 24 2007, 10:54 PM
Off to Epsom on Oaks day - is there any need to buy tickets in advance?
Highly advisable, esp if you are hoping to get into the Queen's Stand - it was absolutely heaving last year [weather v hot then]. And leave yourself plenty of time to get there if driving, it gets v gridlocked near the course

PS I might well go to Sandown, it's a great meeting. I took 3 Americans last year, they absolutely loved it [esp as I blagged all 4 badges off a kind trainer!]

Also might be going to Chantilly a week today for the French derby!

Going down Saturday evening from Sheffield and catching a late shuttle I suspect, have 2 spaces in the car available. Will return to England on Sunday evening.

Anyone who's interested, drop me a PM!

Is the French Derby on day folloing the English one then??!! What a b*gger, I'd love to come but want to be in Lambourn next weekend... maddening. I speak pretty fluent French too which might be useful! In fact I could get up to London for the late shuttle, and parking no problem for Sunday - will give it some serious thought.

Are you still on for Sandown? - and why not spend Thurs/Fri night in Lambourn, we could show you some fun on Friday/Saturday! All the pubs will be showing the Oaks & Derby etc etc, and there's a TEC club morning on Saturday.

fudge

wheres the easiest place to stand and watch the horses work at newmarket without getting in anybodys way the wife want to vist the gallops and see the horses work

many thanks

t w

The best place to see the whole of the gallops would be on Warren Hill where there is a road between the gallops with a big layby to park in near the top. In view on one side you have the 3 Warren Hill gallops of Grass, Polytrack and Equitrack and the otherside you then have the Town canter which is generally a warm up canter then Long Hill Polytrack and Long Hill grass.

Seeing as i'm up north for an extra day, im taking advantage and going to be slumming it in NEwcastle O&T tomorrow, hopefully we'll get at least 1 winner and a place out of it.

Back