If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Newbury tomorrow - maybe third time in a week lucky, Fudge!
Did see you in the parage ring atWi ndsor but was busy with my mob

Will be in and around the champagne bar with a fairly large crowd, hope to meet up with any chums old or new, pm me before 11.30 if I don't have your mobile or know you -

I did see you yesterday fudge and meant to come say hi after your runner was on the track but erm, didn't, in the end! Wanted to watch them go down and lost you. Maybe catch up today!

Had a brilliant time at Newbury yesterday, never got a chance to look out for you fudge but maybe next time, we are already planning to go again
It was easier to get to than we thought , we met some really friendly people had fun and even had a good day financially, what more could you want?

Funny thing about Day Flight, discussing with Father in Law on the phone after we got home he said that Day Flight had been given a bad ride, but I mentioned to my husband at the Parade ring that I was glad that he had backed it not me, he asked me to explain but people were looking over and listening and I didn't think it was fair to be negative as it might have influenced people not to back it, it wasn't something that I could really explain to anyone's satisfaction anyway and I would have been out of my depth trying to, I know that there are people here who know far more about horses than I do so it would be interesting to hear if they had any impressions. I mentioned that Peeress didn't look happy either. Afterwards they announced that she finished distressed is she recovered now?

The mrs and i are off to Bath today to meet some old friends i used to look after a horse for.

There horse runs in the first race called Foxes Den. He isn't very big but they say the trainer likes his attitude. they are hopeful more than confident but felt he had a small each way squeak.

The horse i used to do was Milly's Lass, Foxes mother. I couldn't get to Folkestone first time when invited so im quite excited about seeing her offspring today.

Crazy, I'm there on Sunday.

Was off to Windsor but feeling a bit under the weather so will give it a miss. Perhaps we should start a thread "If you had thought about going racing but changed your mind, please post here" :suspect:

Dont worry about it Rory, the dead horses thread has started to include mares retiring to stud without anything approaching a life threating condition.

Off to Specsavers, Uncle G! Too much peering into little lenses has done for yer eyeballs! :eek: I specially made it 'departures' to account for horses LEAVING BEING IN TRAINING for ANY REASON. Sadly, as the most visible ones are those televised breaking their legs and necks, it's excellent when someone remembers to post about those leaving active racing service and doing summat else - either bonking for a living, or going into a new line of work. Feel free to add to it!

Goober has a point though - if every mare that was retired to stud was posted up here there wouldn't be enough bandwidth to contain it all....

... with a silky bechamel sauce. Of course, I couldn't wait for the main dish, which was venison in a rich wine and winter berry coulis with just a smattering of Potatoes Anna, cream of broccoli and - this was SO witty! - tiny shavings of ginger over the caramelised baby carrots! Divine! Then, onto the

... no, it's not locked yet... :P

Change of plan now for me!! Im off to Goodwood tomorrow then Haydock and Pontefract Friday. Day off Saturday and then up to Redcar Sunday for our runner in the Zetland on Monday.

Managed to get the entire July meeting off so fingers crossed will be there for at least two days if anyone else is planning on going.

Back