If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
I've got free entry at NA tomorrow on my Newbury badge - but it does seem a long way to go!

I spotted our fudgey in the parade ring tonight - stop biting your nails, you naughty boy! :D

Headstrong - you must move to Somerset. It has the ideal town there for you: BLAGDON!

I'm seriously thinking about going to the big Saints & Sinners meeting at hamilton on Wednesday, especially if it looks like being a pleasant evening (we're having an absolute scorcher up here today).

Anyone else?

Originally posted by krizon@Jun 6 2007, 07:50 PM

Headstrong - you must move to Somerset. It has the ideal town there for you: BLAGDON!
LOL!! But been there, done that!

Some chums had a house at Blagdon Lake when I was at Bristol in the late 60s - the local pub was something else, oil lamps and no running water, huge beer and cider barrels in the bar, you more or less helped yourself. The old girl who ran it was born there - and had never been to Bristol which was c15 miles away max! What a different world....... You can still hear the church bells ring down in the lake, they say, in certain winds - there's a drowned village under the water

Had a great session tonight with Kathy, her partner, and various chums. Thanks Kathy! Tho feel a bit guilty for abandoning my own party...

I'm going to have to re-think about Hamilton on Wednesday. I might be involved in something on Thursday and Friday and am unlikely to be Joe Popular in the Orchid household if I go out on Wednesday too. Friday's event is top priority for me this week.

Yes, sorry about that Colin. I had a call and was told that as it was a family day I needed to get to the course before 12 midday (and it takes about 1.45hrs from me) and it was about 10am when I got the call so I didn't get time to mention it on the forum.

The first thing I saw as I turned up at the racecourse was Wayne Rooney - I mean, Shrek :what:

No, K. I'm not aware of any finals and there's nothing in the diary. If it's Scottish dancing, she'd be a non-starter as she doesn't do that.

Friday is a purely (maybe not so purely if my luck's in :) ) social event to do with work.

:laughing: :laughing: I thought she did, but perhaps that's Maurice's daughter, with whom I have her confused. Or perhaps I just have myself confused? Hard to believe, but it does happen now and then.

Originally posted by fudge@Jun 10 2007, 12:05 PM
I was at Newbury yesterday evening accompanying our 2 runners. Im at Pontefract tomorrow and then Kempton wednesday.
Another good day at the office with Expensive winning the listed race at Ponty (and Night Cru winning for the stable at Windsor as well).

Originally posted by krizon@Jun 11 2007, 07:24 PM
:laughing: :laughing: I thought she did, but perhaps that's Maurice's daughter, with whom I have her confused. Or perhaps I just have myself confused? Hard to believe, but it does happen now and then.
My daughter is an Irish dancer. That might explain the confusion.

A great night at Windsor with owners that had horses in training with David Evans, Johnny Portman and Andrew Balding. David had two placed horses at good prices (Bazguy and Tabinta), and Andrew Balding also did very well with Star Strider (related to that lovely horse, Cake Greko) who came 3rd. This was the first time I had met Dave Evans.... what a character! :D

Dave likes his tipple, Kathy, so I've no doubt the two of you soon found common ground... :laughing: He's a good sort, has been very generous at Christmastime, too! I hope he's like that with his own staff.

Er, Cake Greko? Ah, yes, I know the horse well. Related to Cheese 'n' Biscuits, isn't he?

Back