If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Originally posted by stodge@Jun 20 2007, 10:55 PM
Evening all :)

Lingfield tomorrow as it's only a fiver to get in and probably Newmarket on Saturday to have a look at the new July Course facilities and, at £17 for me, it's a fiver CHEAPER than Lingfield I'm afraid.
£22 for Lingfield - what do you get for that - a guided tour from Krizon ?

I know that Go West are playing at Lingfield on Saturday night! Definitely worth going for that alone! :)

Perhaps I should clarify. It is again music night at Lingfield this Saturday. GO WEST may put a few hundred on the gate but they also put a tenner on the admission for the Premier Enclosure which equals £25.

Newmarket is asking £20 for its Premier Enclosure for Saturday - no music but better racing.

As a racegoer I know which I think is better value.

I suppose it depends if you like Go West or not. :)

If I could drive fast enough, I would love to go to both meetings.

Originally posted by Kathy@Jun 12 2007, 07:23 AM
Andrew Balding also did very well with Star Strider (related to that lovely horse, Cake Greko) who came 3rd.
Star Strider out again tonight at Newmarket. Would love to see him run a big race.

Went to wet Windsor today. A bit of a late decision. Thorougly enjoyed it despite the weather!

Newmarket - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've to go to work tomorrow morning and them I'm flying down in the afternoon so I must go and pack.

and hopefully a few things about horseracing too? :eek:

I am off to Uttoxeter in about an hour. :what: I have never been there before so another racecourse to tick off my list of those I have visited!

You were right, Colin, but what a great little course, and a superb result for Cape Greko. :clap: He was never going to catch the winners but 3rd place first time out over the hurdles was very promising. A great evening even though I didn't get home until after midnight. :)

Originally posted by Kathy@Jul 11 2007, 08:39 AM
You were right, Colin, but what a great little course, and a superb result for Cape Greko. :clap: He was never going to catch the winners but 3rd place first time out over the hurdles was very promising. A great evening even though I didn't get home until after midnight. :)
Cape Greko got a good school round Kathy and I expect connections were delighted but there were a lot of disgruntled punters emailing ATR last night about the ride and how it appeared so little effort was made to try and win the race.

Dante, Cape Greko has had so many problems over the last few years. It was his debut, the ground was always going to be an issue and the connections were thrilled to see him actually enjoying his racing again. The race was more like a flat race then a hurdles race as they took a few of the hurdles out due to the dead ground. The connections would have loved to win this as Brendan really rates Cape Greko and were thrilled to finish in the first three. Brendan didn't really want to run him last night, he has entered him numerous times but ideally wanted firmer ground - not likely with the weather at the moment. Even the day before Brendan was still not 100% sure whether to run him or not due to the ground possibly being too soft or sticky. Brendan only moved yards yesterday, slept on the floor in the office to make sure he was there the first morning and then travelled to Uttoxeter to watch his first 4 horses run from the new yard. He desperately wants to get off the cold list and if Cape was good enough to have won yesterday Brendan would have been absolutely thrilled. For the record I backed him each way and got my money back.

I would suggest to disgruntled punters to keep an eye out for Cape as if they had been reading this forum I keep saying he is a great horse in the making, he is just fragile and it has taken a lot of time and patience to get him where he is now.

Good stuff Kathy :D I'm sure he will win races if he stays sound on that run, may even turn out better over jumps than he was on the flat.

Back