Influx of Spas on the forum

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
You mean texting me at 8am on a Sunday morning for the smash up Bet365 card the greedy ****.

Although the wake up call did help every now and again...

What's happened is an attention seeking sh!tposter has set up stall here after being banished from the red-ish bannered place. For some reason, he's being enabled by the orange dude (who's actually a fairly decent enough poster elsewhere).

I presume their ultimate goal is to produce (another) pointless insular thread which is constantly bumped to the top. Don't be surprised to see that thread still on the front page in four years time.

What's happened is an attention seeking sh!tposter has set up stall here after being banished from the red-ish bannered place. For some reason, he's being enabled by the orange dude (who's actually a fairly decent enough poster elsewhere).

I presume their ultimate goal is to produce (another) pointless insular thread which is constantly bumped to the top. Don't be surprised to see that thread still on the front page in four years time.

Who are you referring too?

I should point out that if you check my joining date to this sullen place, you'll see that it was before my suicide by mod from the hand- me- down forum.

The clue that I was about to jump the sinking ship is my post on 15th. July on the very popular 'Just popped in' thread ;)

Last edited:
I should point out that if you check my joining date to this sullen place,

Hardly sullen: witness the Grasshopper/Icebreaker/Clivex exchanges on t'other thread :) Light touch or zilch moderation would seem to be the order on here...thankfully

Great stuff guys

Good to see you around again, Drone. :)
s'Been a while, but in the meantime I have given some thought to your assertion and I've swung around to your view agreeing that you were right after all. Yep, the Rolling Stones were/are rubbish since 1972. :o

Hardly sullen: witness the Grasshopper/Icebreaker/Clivex exchanges on t'other thread :) Light touch or zilch moderation would seem to be the order on here...thankfully

Great stuff guys

I'll also extend you a(nother) hearty welcome to TH, Drone - hope you stick around for a bit this time. :cool:

Seem to be a few refugees arriving of late - are there problems at the Red House (genuine question)?

Great stuff guys

More like tedious tripe. But each to their own.

Seem to be a few refugees arriving of late - are there problems at the Red House (genuine question)?

Not as far as I'm aware.

I just wanted to broaden the scope for my infatuation with juvenile hurdlers. The lively and entertaining political debates are also a delightful side dish. I suppose it's also nice to rub browsers with a few former keyboard kompanions (I was Kotkijet in a previous life).

But no, the red place is hardly in a tailspin as far as I can tell.

Besides, whilst it did feel a bit weird posting here at first, it did strike me a bit odd that there's almost an obligation to choose one over the other. It's not like there's a war between the two and it's better to share insight and have said insight viewed and challenged by double the audience and participants.

I'd hate to see either falter though as it's wonderful to have such a variety of characters and rhythms.

I'll also extend you a(nother) hearty welcome to TH, Drone - hope you stick around for a bit this time. :cool:

And good to hear from you again Grasshopper (and Icebreaker); pleased to see you've lost none of your 'robust' debating skills GH

I popped in here again really just to see what the odd and sullen Wolf (recent banning from TRF) would get up to; and he hasn't disappointed, more of the same 'ol same 'ol which is quite entertaining if one enjoys rhetorical pathos:confused: Egged on by the good TRF egg NHughes, which is a tad surprising, but this sort of cliquey chumminess tends to happen once virtual friends i.e strangers actually meet in the flesh, as they did at Newton Abbot recently

There's been a spate of bannings and taking of bats home on TRF recently though the forum trundles on, if quieter than it has been: thin-skinned correspondents and thin-skinned moderators:)

Gamble is in fine form at present and I've bet my cat a tin of Whiskas to a de-fleaing treatment that he'll be banned too before the Mackeson

The Chit-Chat in this Lounge is pretty darn good and as I've largely lost interest in recycling racing chatter for the nth time may make the odd existential contribution from my new squeaky armchair in here

Certainly be reading it all

I was surprised Fatty Salmond didn't play his trump card last night by announcing that he plans to save 8,000 jobs on the Clyde by opening a Buckie Brewery in Faslane:)

Not as far as I'm aware.

I just wanted to broaden the scope for my infatuation with juvenile hurdlers. The lively and entertaining political debates are also a delightful side dish. I suppose it's also nice to rub browsers with a few former keyboard kompanions (I was Kotkijet in a previous life).

But no, the red place is hardly in a tailspin as far as I can tell.

Besides, whilst it did feel a bit weird posting here at first, it did strike me a bit odd that there's almost an obligation to choose one over the other. It's not like there's a war between the two and it's better to share insight and have said insight viewed and challenged by double the audience and participants.

I'd hate to see either falter though as it's wonderful to have such a variety of characters and rhythms.

Well there's a nice surprise.

How you doing, Kotki? Are you still on the Dr-Grass-prescribed 'boiler-rattling' therapy? :D

Mind you, that must have been four years ago, so hopefully you're cured by now!

Your juvenile hurdlers thread is very, very good - keep it up.

Well there's a nice surprise.

How you doing, Kotki? Are you still on the Dr-Grass-prescribed 'boiler-rattling' therapy? :D

Mind you, that must have been four years ago, so hopefully you're cured by now!

Your juvenile hurdlers thread is very, very good - keep it up.

I'm doing quite good thank you :)

I'm considerably less intoxicated than I used to be and although I retain a fair few of the values from days of yore, I've hung up my black bloc hoodie and half-brick and very quietly declared a ceasefire with the establishment. I'm also less inclined to save the world via the medium of internet forums because if I was ever going to forcibly enact the glorious revolution, I would have done so by now. Alas, humanity's inability to listen to reason turned me into a jaded cynic... with a hint of resigned Titoism. But I'm utterly delighted to see you still fighting the good fight :thumbsup:

And yes, I wanted to have a word with you about your dubious prognosis. I followed your prescription to the letter but unfortunately, one of the rattled boilers turned out to be a very nasty succubus who damaged familial relationships, destroyed my teaching career and literally sent me to the loony bin. I'm not so petty as to demand a refund and compensation so you're safe on that front but I'd advise against approaching me for an endorsement.

Thankfully though, after stuffing a few more muffs afterwards, I'm now effectively engaged to my Bosnian Angel so all's well that ends well... If you want to feel old, it was actually over seven years ago when you pulled your Dr Nick act!

Is life treating you well?

Gamble is a god, in my opinion.

Kotki do you remember seabird, we met at Hereford, if my memory hasn't totally cracked up?

How you keeping, seabird?

Gamble is the next evolutionary link and indeed I do remember you Colin... quite well actually! We met at the parade ring and discussed horses whilst I objectified the stable lasses before you were generous enough to treat me to a scoop. Fine company and a smashing chap to boot. A couple of hours later, I was rather unceremoniously dragged out of Hereford racecourse by the neck if I recall correctly. Memories.

If you find yourself at Haydock any time soon, I'm happy to get my round in.

I'm doing quite good thank you :)

I'm considerably less intoxicated than I used to be and although I retain a fair few of the values from days of yore, I've hung up my black bloc hoodie and half-brick and very quietly declared a ceasefire with the establishment. I'm also less inclined to save the world via the medium of internet forums because if I was ever going to forcibly enact the glorious revolution, I would have done so by now. Alas, humanity's inability to listen to reason turned me into a jaded cynic... with a hint of resigned Titoism. But I'm utterly delighted to see you still fighting the good fight :thumbsup:

And yes, I wanted to have a word with you about your dubious prognosis. I followed your prescription to the letter but unfortunately, one of the rattled boilers turned out to be a very nasty succubus who damaged familial relationships, destroyed my teaching career and literally sent me to the loony bin. I'm not so petty as to demand a refund and compensation so you're safe on that front but I'd advise against approaching me for an endorsement.

Thankfully though, after stuffing a few more muffs afterwards, I'm now effectively engaged to my Bosnian Angel so all's well that ends well... If you want to feel old, it was actually over seven years ago when you pulled your Dr Nick act!

Is life treating you well?

All good stuff, Kotki (I refuse to use your new handle now).

Sorry to hear of your romantic travails, but alls well that ends well. As for a refund, I recall my sage advice was offered free-of-charge, and sub-clause 14a.III in the contract did clearly state that "....mentalist boilers should be avoided at all costs".

:D

I got killed-off twice by accident, and then gave up.

How dull.

PS. Yer a proper gobshite, AC.

Last edited:
Back