Inglis Drever

I don't think there is much doubt about that :D

He just loves the hill - and he's so clever, he always takes himself steady down the hills where the dangers lurk, no matter what the jocks want :P and gives himself a breather, then picks himself up when he approaches the stands and goes to win his race - he's becoming a real Cheltenham legend isn't he? That was some roar he got today

Crikey, has it finally sunk in that this is a decent horse?! He's taken enough knocking for long enough on here. As I've been saying for the last few years, Drever is a true champion.

Now there's graciousness for you!!

I had the biggest RFCT ever on ID and BB today - and even with the short prices came out well on top. Will prob do the same 'come The Day' with an additional SFCT ID to beat BB :D

Powers went 2s Inglis in their 15 minutes of madness today.I am a fan of the horse but would seriously consider laying him for a lump at 6/4 or under for the stayers.Reasons -the horse has had time off with injury in the past,no horse has won the stayers 3 times,I think possibly he will probably be a bigger price on the day and if all else fails there is the chance of getting a price in running.
Headstrong -don't mean to rain on your parade but the reverse forecast in that race was chronic value-you seriously need to review your punting strategy.I guarantee you no bookie has ever refused or limited your reverse forecasts.

Why would I reverse it when I got more than I'd have got for backing the winner!

PS And I won 5 of 8 reverse forecasts I did today, for a very good profit thanks :P
AND got the Tri on the last at Wolves :D

Originally posted by LUKE@Jan 26 2008, 11:37 PM
I think possibly he will probably be a bigger price on the day and if all else fails there is the chance of getting a price in running.
Completely disagree. Like Suny said I think he will be odds on and punters know his running style now. He was ridden along early today but his price never changed as people knew he was hitting a flat spot.

I think 6/4 would be big too. I really hate the "no horse has done X" type stats that seem to become popular at this time of the year. Its as if it overrides the fact that he is clearly superior in his group. Best of luck with it Luke.

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jan 26 2008, 10:42 PM
Why would I reverse it when I got more than I'd have got for backing the winner!

PS And I won 5 of 8 reverse forecasts I did today, for a very good profit thanks :P
Headstrong -if the dividend I saw on ruk was correct the csf dividend was a fiver something.Inglis drever was 2 s with Powers at one stage today and a freely available 7/4 just for backing the winner.

Having studied betfair and oddschecker I'd say that I would be able to lay Inglis at about the 6/5 mark next week.That price appeals to me.

Originally posted by LUKE+Jan 26 2008, 11:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LUKE @ Jan 26 2008, 11:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Headstrong@Jan 26 2008, 10:42 PM

Headstrong -if the dividend I saw on ruk was correct the csf dividend was a fiver something.Inglis drever was 2 s with Powers at one stage today and a freely available 7/4 just for backing the winner. [/b][/quote]
Exactly... so if I put on say 20 quid reverse, to keep it simple, I would pay out 40, 'lose' 20 of that I'd get 210.40 back, less my stake money, that's 170 quid profit. Those are the actual figures btw!

How would I have made that having a straight bet at 2/1?
40 x 2 makes 80 in my book! or did when I was at school

If BB had won I'd have been even better off of course for the same stake

To put on that much you have to be pretty sure it's a two horse race - but I was
If either horse is longer than say 5/1 you makie a very good profit
I was tutored in the mysteries of FCTs and RFCTs when I went racing a lot with Stan Moore and his chums

They are far from actual figures the csf was 5.26 and the exacta was 5.10.A 20 reverse csf would return 105.20 for an intial outlay of 40 -meaning a profit of 65.20 for your 40 stake.Thats roughly 13/8 for your money.

£40.00 To Win - Single Internet 2 [lines]
3:50 BYRNE GROUP CLEEVE HURDLE GRADE 2 3m
Blazing Bailey
SP Place £210.40 £0.00
3:50 BYRNE GROUP CLEEVE HURDLE GRADE 2 3m
Inglis Drever
SP Win

£20.00 To Win - Single Internet 1 [line]
3:30 NOVICE HURDLE GRA 3m 110yds
Hennessy
SP Lose £0.00

Hennessy was the bet before... I added [line/s] for clarity
Very difficult to copy because of the formatting

PS SORRY You are right in a sense that I have my sums wrong, because of course that's TWO lines at 40 ie subtract 80, I really did go a bit mad :eek: thought I'd only done 20 quid lines

But that still leaves a profit of 130.04 which is I see not quite qa s good as 2/1 - BUT

Of course the point of the bet is that if the fav is beaten which they quite often are, you get very good odds, and the reverse side of the bet is an insurance [as any e/w bet is]

as a Cheltenham regular you only get the "roar" with true champions and I didnt back him but i cheered him coz he is the best and deserve s to be in the Best Mate class coz this horse is one of the best I've seen.....ever!!

Personally expect ID to hack up in March, however Blazing Bailey wont be 2nd, Wichita Lineman will run right pass him up the hill but lacks the quality to catch ID.

Saw Flight Leader breeze the other morning, he's improved so much and I must say im tempted by his big odds each way. He is the surprise horse in the division and will be written off because of small connections.

Just depends how well Wichita Lineman is come the day, he goes better fresh so will have a very good chance. Don't think he will get near Inglis Drever though to be honest. I would actually expect Blazing Bailey to beat Wichita Lineman, come March.

Back