Inglis Drever

I am with the French horse, KB, this year...ID is a legend but he will need to be better this year than he was last year against KB and thats most unlikely at his age.

I am with the French horse, KB, this year...ID is a legend but he will need to be better this year than he was last year against KB and thats most unlikely at his age.

Gal, just remember before you abandon ID that next year Yeats will be doing the same thing, trying to win that race more than anyone else has ever done and people will be saying the same thing about him too, due to his age. I think Yeats can do it (touch wood here) and so can ID.

Well, I can still dream can't I? :D

At least he's still proven!!!

Hmmmmm.....Harchibald, anyone?! :p

Point taken, a better one would have been Moscow. I thought he could do it in his final year but age catches up with them all.

That was a huge run from Kasbah Bliss as a 6 year old, can only improve and was so impressive the other day on the flat.

If ID is anywhere near where he was last season, it will take some horse to beat him at Cheltenham

Again, that was a line I used for Moscow in his final year! Basically he was a stone clear of the rest on ratings so even if he is 10lbs below his best he should win! Age slows everything down, I love ID but I think he will struggle come Cheltenham time against the improving French horse.

Yes, but Moscow was still proven at the top level in his final season so you're let off that one!

I very much hope that this is Drever's final season, and also that if he fails to show his ability early doors that they call it a day with him sooner. Not that I think that is going to happen, mind!

It's always sad to see a great horse dragged out when they are past their best; somehow it seems to rob people of their memories of the animal in its pomp and somehow undercook their previous achievements. It's a shame memories are so short in such circumstances! Not that I see Drever in this category at all; the horse is such a little terrier I think he still has it in him now and I'm sure connections would retire him if they didn't think he still had it.

He is turning 10 though whereas Moscow was 12. The horse adores Cheltenham. I for one won't be writing him off and he will be among the first in my ten to follow

Oh, bring it on!! Only a few weeks till we can ditch this flat shite.

It's nearly time to start thinking about ten to follows, happy days!

I agree about Kasbah Bliss, but I think the main positive for Inglis Drever is he is very lightly raced for a 9 year old.

I'm not convinced about Kasbah Bliss. Granted, he has probably improved a touch for the step-up to 3m, but he was still gubbed over the trip by Lough Derg and ID prior to Cheltenham.

And it's not like he isn't experienced already - he's had 21 hurdles starts. And his regular jockey is a complete liability in graded races over here.

Personally, I'm inclined to think that it was very much a sub-par Stayers last season, and I want to be against the first four home next season(think Inglis might just be coming to the end of his tether nowadays - bless him).

Last edited:
I'm not convinced about Kasbah Bliss. Granted, he has probably improvecd a touch for the step-up to 3m, but he was still gubbed over the trip by Lough Derg and ID at the trip prior to Cheltenham.

And it's not like he isn't experienced already - he's had 21 hurdles starts. And his regular jockey is a complete liability in graded races over here.

Personally, I'm inclined to think that it was very much a sub-par Stayers last season, and I want to be against the first four home next season(think Inglis might just be coming to the end of his tether nowadays - bless him).

Spot on imo Grasshopper, although you still haven't found the right winner ;)

Would the public perception be that your current pick Rory is being trained for the champion?
Nope ~ very much an up and comer and the apple of his trainer's eye according to a recent interview. He was a decent novice at a staying trip last year and I hope he stays over timber this time around.

To bring an end to the seemingly on-going scavenger hunt, I believe Rory's idea of the winner is Pettifour!

Care to elaborate on that BTW, Rory? Open to plenty of further improvement but surely has quite a bit to find?

To bring an end to the seemingly on-going scavenger hunt, I believe Rory's idea of the winner is Pettifour!

Care to elaborate on that BTW, Rory? Open to plenty of further improvement but surely has quite a bit to find?

He has got plenty to find but then so does every champion in waiting; his victory at Aintree was most taking and he looked to have plenty of improvement in him which he hasn't yet had a chance to show. NTD rates him and so do I.

Thanks, Rory. Just looking back at his form, the race at Aintree doesn't appear to have been a particularly exacting test of stamina, given that it was apparently run at a sedate early pace (I havn't seen the race BTW, just going by RP analysis). I would imagine a more thorough test of stamina, given a strongly-run race at a stiffer track will bring about more improvement.

I thought Pettifour was disappointing today - Mobaasher' recalcitrance essentially gifting him the win, and the presence of No Refuge holds the form down. I realise it's early days, but he'll need to improve plenty on that performance, to have any kind of chance in a World Hurdle.

On the plus side, he looks like he gets 3m no bother, so stamina isn't going to be an issue.

Back