Inglis Drever

Wichita Lineman is an absolute non hoper in my book to beat Blazing Bailey,
with ID absolutly no chance.

Would it be bizarre to aim a horse that has won it in the past Gal? ? ?

Alan King wants to use the horses pace more, and also step him up in distance. He has always said that he isn't a 2 mile 2 1/2 mile horse, he is a 3-miler.

Stepping him back up to 3 miles over the smaller obsticles will help get him a swift gallop which is what the horse needs.

Im a massive fan of the horse, we are all hoping he runs a great race at Fontwell next month.

I think it is a worry for fans, but the form of the Johnson horses has been a concern for pretty much the entire year. That Inglis Drever has looked better than ever is some credit to the horse (and connections)

Originally posted by Garney@Mar 2 2008, 06:30 PM
but the form of the Johnson horses has been a concern for pretty much the entire year.

In Oct 2007 his strike rate was 29%, and then 19% Nov-Jan inclusive.

Its only Feb when the form has dipped to 9%.

Fair point Nashwan, and thanks for the information. I'm happy to take most of his on, nearly all of the time, but not Inglis Drever.

Horses left in the Stayers Hurdle today:

Air Force One (GER) 6.h
Aitmatov (GER) 7.g
Blazing Bailey 6.g
Chief Dan George (IRE) 8.g
Ebaziyan (IRE) 7.g
Flight Leader (IRE) 8.g
Hardy Eustace (IRE) 11.g
Inglis Drever 9.g
Kasbah Bliss (FR) 6.g
Kawagino (IRE) 8.g
Kazal (FR) 7.g
Labelthou (FR) 9.m
Lough Derg (FR) 8.g
Material World 10.m
My Way de Solzen (FR) 8.g
Redemption 13.g
Sonnyanjoe (IRE) 10.g
Special Envoy (FR) 6.g
The Market Man (NZ) 8.g
Wichita Lineman (IRE) 7.g

17 declared to run, no surprises. Wichita Lineman is declared with cheekpieces, Hardy has his visor on, My Way De Solzen has blinkers and Choc Thornton rides him.

I cannot for the life of me understand why Baldyfred has seen fit to push the Drever out to 11/8 when plenty of others are cutting him into 11/10 or even money. I will be very glad to relieve the gobby Manc of a load of cash come Thursday since for the first time in about 3 years they actually laid me a bet!!!!!

Are you sure its wise to proclaim you got layed by baldy Ten minutes ago... on a public forum.... and that you expect to get cash from the encounter?? :shy:

Wonderful stuff. I had very little on - too short for me! - and prob lost that on my place bet on Blazing Bailey!
But really sweet to see - they've taken him to their hearts haven't they

Back