Irish 2000 Guineas

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
I wish Galileo was still here - he very nearly broke down crying when I suggested as much (when I was adamant the best race for Sea the Stars was the Eclipse rather than the Irish Derby). You'd be in big trouble.

Since the last time that the same horse has won the two races, the average winner of the Epsom Derby had a career ending RPR high of 128.6, the Irish Derby winner 128.4. This is of course skewed by Sea the Stars.

That is in the last 8 years. Both averages would go up a lot, due to Galileo and High Chap being the previous two winners.

I don' think either race is a virtual Group 2.

Admittedly the average of the Irish Derby winner over the past 4 years is 126. However, this compares favourably to the 03 to 06 Epsom Derby average of 124.75.

I wish Galileo was still here - he very nearly broke down crying when I suggested as much (when I was adamant the best race for Sea the Stars was the Eclipse rather than the Irish Derby). You'd be in big trouble.

Does anyone know why Galileo doesn't post any more? Have I missed something that everyone else knows???? :blink:

...too cruel. :lol:

Is Zabarajad really going to be shorter in this than he was when I backe him to beat Imperial Rome and Glor na Mara the last day?

Says it all about how shit a race this is.

It's virtually impossible to think of Oracle winning a classic, but should he really be almost 7 times the price of Zabarajad?

markab declared at haydock and the curragh?

Runs at Haydock. Decs for the other races at the Curragh aren't until Friday morning.

Prendergast thinks he has Dunboyne Express spot on and could not have hand picked easier opposition. The thing is though he's not setting alite the gallops as his drift from 8/15 to 11/8 last time out showed. He worked good Tuesday but garbage last Saturday. I'm not having a bet, they're are other things on card to go to war with!

Did you not read my post! We have a negative for Roderic too. Dubawi Gold is a stone cold certainty. 2yo races are my focus.

The marble hill horse is Tough As Nails who is the best 2yo in Ireland thus far. In the opener I have made no secret of the well being of a Jeremy filly but talk of being a machine is stretching it. I also argee that Harrington's will 'make' the market.

The marble hill horse is Tough As Nails who is the best 2yo in Ireland thus far. In the opener I have made no secret of the well being of a Jeremy filly but talk of being a machine is stretching it. I also argee that Harrington's will 'make' the market.

Harrington's wins if it runs - should have won the last day if the filly or the jockey had a clue - the filly will have learned a lot - wish I could say the same for the likely jockey.

I have never layed a horse in my life but if I was about to start it would be Dubawi Gold in the guineas. He was flattered the last day .. his previous form is very very ordinary.

OTB - The Guineas is so bad that had Dubawi Gold not run in the English version I doubt he would be much bigger than 10/1 Saturday!

I'd say Power will help make the market for Tough as Nails too!

I didn't see the race but the story is that there was a big fall out between Fran Berry and the owner over the ride he gave her.

Back