Irish 2000 Guineas

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
I didn't see the race but the story is that there was a big fall out between Fran Berry and the owner over the ride he gave her.

He's right to jock him off - it was brutal - I think she would have a very good chance if she was running in the group race never mind the maiden

Dubawi Gold is a stone cold certainty

While I can see why they are making him favourite I think he was flattered by his Newmarket run. Also Roderic O'Connor comes out as superior on his 2yo form as opposed to DG 3yo form. Now that he has his poor Guineas run behind him ROC will need to show only a bit of improvement on what he did at two to win.

In other words Dubawi Gold is likely to have to run out of his skin and improve on what he did at Newmarket to win this. I don't believe he will manage it.

I think we will be laughing at the end of the season that a horse such as Dubawi Gold was 7/4 for a classic.

I don't know who will win; would possibly agree with you Steve but I think the most interesting horse is the Oxx one.

Last edited:
Roderic O'Connor must have something wrong with him. He was the subject of bad reports before Newmarket and is on the slide to 7/2 for the Curragh.

The worry with Roderic is he looked a very compact 2yo and certainly not one who had any frame to grow into. Almost Horatio Nelson like.

I think we will be laughing at the end of the season that a horse such as Dubawi Gold was 7/4 for a classic.

I don't know who will win; would possibly agree with you Steve but I think the most interesting horse is the Oxx one.

I think Zabarajad will run very well indeed. If he doesn't win Saturday, I think he'll have another day. Very interestingly bred, which is no surprise since he's the Aga's.

I was very taken by Zabarajad's performance in the Tetrarch. The manner he travelled through that race and quickened having been held up in a steadily run affair suggested he is a horse going places.

My main concern in the context of Saturday's race is that he may be a sprinter going places.

OTB,

He does indeed have it to find, but after just 3 starts it's plausible and probably less improvement than most show to win a Guineas. A 115/116 performance could well be good enough here.

OTB,

He does indeed have it to find, but after just 3 starts it's plausible and probably less improvement than most show to win a Guineas. A 115/116 performance could well be good enough here.

Agree with you re the level of performance required to win this - he still has quite a bit to find - to me it's just very difficult to see him win.

Bar the 2000 guineas - the weekend presents a collosal punting opportunity.
Remember Alexander wont be beaten at around 2/1, Tough as Nails has a huge chance but I dont believe the tissue price of 5/1, Santo Padre in the sprint would be buying money EW at around 7/1 from a decent box in 5, Banimpire as mentioned above at 8/1 ew and a few sneaky quid on Famous Name at 7/2 ....... tie them up into some straight multiples and ew multiples with Overdose and Dialled In in the Preakness and the summer holidays in Ardmore would be sorted :whistle:

Marble Hill Stakes 5f

6/4 Power
7/2 Free Lily
4/1 Tough As Nails
12/1 bar

Tough As Nails e/w for me!
1/5 odds 1,2,3

For me, Roderic has the best form and Zabarajad the most potential improvement so I'm going with these 2.

Delighted with that. Good uncomplicated ride, made it as easy as you like. Not sure anything has run to 120 there though on first glance.

Brilliant ride from the young fella, a few in behind, oxxs and the Hughes horse both didnt get the best of runs but a great win all the same.

Delighted with that. Good uncomplicated ride, made it as easy as you like. Not sure anything has run to 120 there though on first glance.

Nice. He did have the best form like you said but I couldn't pull the trigger the form I'm in.

Back