Irish Apprentice Title

You made a point suggesting that in the old days there was less competition in relation to the top Flat jockeys .

The point I was making is that Duffield and indeed Darley ( in the 80s) were way down the pecking order in the 1970s and 1980s - they did not get Group 1 rides . In the 1990s they did .

There was less competition. There wasn't so much racing, so many horses, or as many jockeys but I still don't get your point? Whether one gets Group one rides or not does not make a jockey the 'best' either.

Ardross - going back up a few posts to the 'rubbish racing' comment. You're saying that the championship is a numbers game only, nothing to do with the quality of the rides taken?

So you'd have to suggest that the champeenship should be based on prize money won? In which case, it'd be an extremely limited competition, restricted to about four, five jockeys with the best retainers in the country.

So you'd have to suggest that the champeenship should be based on prize money won? In which case, it'd be an extremely limited competition, restricted to about four, five jockeys with the best retainers in the country.

Far be it from me, but knowing how particular you are about spelling etc.
' champeenship' where we having a liddle drink last night :whistle:

No, Sheikh - it was quite deliberate and again no, no drink involved, dearest. Well, technically, yes, two Pepsis (one diet, one fat), but that was it. Just a wee joke, mostly at the expense of American novels where the hero is proclaimed the 'champeen of the worrrrrldddd'. (And no more than tea involved in that, either.)

No, Sheikh - it was quite deliberate and again no, no drink involved, dearest. Well, technically, yes, two Pepsis (one diet, one fat), but that was it. Just a wee joke, mostly at the expense of American novels where the hero is proclaimed the 'champeen of the worrrrrldddd'. (And no more than tea involved in that, either.)

Darn, foiled again.

:whistle:

Don't worry, dearest, your day will come - I'm pretty sure to spout some complete balls fairly soon, and you can pick me up on that!

The Ballydoyle juveniles are very strong in the first couple of races tonight - Long Live The King odds on.

Interesting, but HR won on everything from Heavy to GF, worst and only effort on Firm, which AW isn't - it's supposed to resemble Good. Just looked back at his record and that was the only time (6th, and his final race) he was out of the first three. Stunning.

O'Brien 2 winners, suspended for 2 days.
Carroll and Curtis 1 winner each.
Carroll and Curtis 2 clear of O'Brien.
Carroll suspended for one day.
4 days left.

O'Brien 2 winners, suspended for 2 days.
Carroll and Curtis 1 winner each.
Carroll and Curtis 2 clear of O'Brien.
Carroll suspended for one day.
4 days left.

How did he manage to keep that race ?? Obviously because Mr Levey wants to keep his job!!! I think Aidan will stop at absolutely nothing to get his son the title. I personally am disgusted - got Ben to ride CD - he got off Tornado last time and said with a clear run ne wouldn't be beat - 25/1 winner missed. He is such a genuine grafter and all around good guy I hope he does it. Joseph has ridden for me also and is a seriously good form studier (rivals EC1) but Ben has had to do it the hard way ( rides out for 18 different trainers) every week and it would be his just reward if he managed to win the title!! I just hope lady night missed winner isn't going to cost him. If you have a minute look at Colm O' Donoghue on TD - what a ride!!!!!!!!!?

Though I am personally pleased for Eddie Harty that he had the winner, I am inclined to agree.

Think Joseph now out of it. Down to the two boys now! They are going at it hammer and tongs - I almost hope it's a draw now !

Back