Irish Champion Stakes Day

I don't think he stays 12f at Ascot pace but the Irish Derby has become rather a soft G1 in recent years since the French pattern was changed

He stays 12f, he's an Irish Derby winner FFS.

You don't go that pace for 10f if you don't stay 12f either!

irish derby isn't the same test as against the very best...all horses stay 5 miles..when not asked to do much

i'm surprised you think an Irish derby is equivalent to running aginst mature 130 horses

check how many Derby winners faill agaisnt older horses better horses

do you think a horse that wins a 12f maiden stays 12f?

racing is about opposition at the distance...not distance alone

I would be surprised if he went back to 12 furlongs this season - but heck I thought Fame And Glory was going to be running today!

irish derby isn't the same test as against the very best...all horses stay 5 miles..when not asked to do much

i'm surprised you think an Irish derby is equivalent to running aginst mature 130 horses

check how many Derby winners faill agaisnt older horses better horses

do you think a horse that wins a 12f maiden stays 12f?

racing is about opposition at the distance...not distance alone

He's just set a very strong pace for 10f against genuine Group One opposition and won easily. He certainly would get further than 10f based on that race alone, even if you ignore the fact he's won over 12f.

Given their past you would think they might be thinking of the Breeders Cup Classic now.

Did cross my mind, he looks the right type for the race.

I would think they'd want to run him in the Arc given they only have F&G for the race who realistically stands a chance.

He's just set a very strong pace for 10f against genuine Group One opposition and won easily. He certainly would get further than 10f based on that race alone, even if you ignore the fact he's won over 12f.

i think the surface has helped him today..nothing can finish on the surface..its a little exhaggerated

he has had his chance to run like that at 12f and was a wasted vessel in the last 2f..look how he stopped to nothing in the KG

10 at this level is clearly his trip..12f against lessers ..yes maybe..not this level though

I would think they'd want to run him in the Arc given they only have F&G for the race who realistically stands a chance.

You make it sound like he is a 10/1 shot - without Cape Blanco running they still have the Arc favourite! I hope they learn from last year that is it tough to want to win in America after running in the Arc.

You make it sound like he is a 10/1 shot - without Cape Blanco running they still have the Arc favourite! I hope they learn from last year that is it tough to want to win in America after running in the Arc.

why would any sane person run CB in the Arc?..he will finish mid to rear pack..he has just proven in his last 2 runs what his best distance is..wins full of running over 10..finishes like a drunk, swaying all over at 12

champion stakes would be perfect

Cape Blanco has little chance in the Arc. He's been at it all summer and you have to be a Sea the Stars to get away with that sort of schedule and be successful n Paris.

Wow - wonderful performance from CAPE BLANCO. Thought some looked a wee bit skiddy on the turn in, as if the ground was well soft in that place, and unhappy with it. But CB has a rhythmic, motoring action and didn't seem worried a bit. Lovely to watch.

Cape Blanco has little chance in the Arc. He's been at it all summer and you have to be a Sea the Stars to get away with that sort of schedule and be successful n Paris.

I'd agree this as a more just reason for swerving the Arc than not staying the trip.

It is a pity they did not run him against Goldikova and Makfi when the ground was right. I hate the campaigns both Famous Name and Profound Beauty have had - fair enough if the owners needed the prizemoney (they don't) but they both should surely have found a Group 1 to contest by now this season.

Perhaps this is the reason why he has not been in Group 1 company recently.

I'd agree this as a more just reason for swerving the Arc than not staying the trip.

thats because you just can't accept the obvious..the sectionals in the KG told you he dropped in a hole

today was pay back for anyone who recognised that factor.

i don't know how much evidence you need to be honest..the ability to recognise whats staring you in the face is a good one to have at this game i think

EC1 it is different opinions. I agree he is better at 10 furlongs than 12 furlongs - others don't. You have stated your opinion now and we are all aware of it.

thats because you just can't accept the obvious..the sectionals in the KG told you he dropped in a hole

today was pay back for anyone who recognised that factor.

i don't know how much evidence you need to be honest..the ability to recognise whats staring you in the face is a good one to have at this game i think

Back