Irish Champion Stakes Day

As Euro said before, they just take it in turns to beat one another!

Bethrah went out like a light after travelling well. Would give her another chance in the Sun Chariot.

I think Lillie Langtry is the best of them - think she really appreciated the ground today.

Second Race - 2m. 5.24
Third Race - 1m. 39.68

thats a fast time for the 2nd race..maybe winner is above average winner..ground not slow any way at all..faster than good looking at that..although if we split the distance between the first and 2nd it comes out at about good ground

thats a fast time for the 2nd race..maybe winner is above average winner..ground not slow any way at all..faster than good looking at that..although if we split the distance between the first and 2nd it comes out at about good ground

Interesting that about the times - I wonder is the reason why some of the fields are well spread out due to maybe loose ground (rain on watered ground) and some horses not handling it rather than it being necessarily slow.

Interesting that about the times - I wonder is the reason why some of the fields are well spread out due to maybe loose ground (rain on watered ground) and some horses not handling it rather than it being necessarily slow.

it could be the top kicking off making the surface a bit uncomforatble re slipping for some horses..that winner looks above average though..by splitting the winning distance its interesting that the race would then time out as Good ground..suggesting the winner is 4 lengths or so above that level.

Await the Dawn run an amzing race, maybe good enough to have run in the big race with a good chance, what a prospect!

Gormless ride by Berry on Music Show LL coming round and shutting him in could be seen a mile off . As for Queally on Brae Hill downright idiotic

Gormless ride by Berry on Music Show LL coming round and shutting him in could be seen a mile off . As for Queally on Brae Hill downright idiotic

I've said it a hundred times, Berry is absolutely useless, no idea why Oxx uses him as his stable jockey!

His ride on Elyaadi at Royal Ascot was a total farce.

Beethoven is a big price on his first try at this trip. He was unlucky in America last year over 9f and like his dad I think he should improve for the step up and could run a big race.

Delighted for Cape Blanco - it is not nice to see an Irish Derby winner be put up as a pacemaker. Really deserved that.

I'm lost. Why did Queally and Murtagh sit so far off? I thought Queally should have made a move before the turn in.

Pretty clear that RVW and Twice Over left their races behind at York
but terrific performance from Cape Blanco

He doesn't stay 12f in top company I agree. But if he's a mid 120s animal over 10 he's not 117 over 12. More like 120

he stopped as though shot at Ascot though..but his class kept him plugging on.

anyone rating he KG off this performance is nuts

i thought he had gone too hard Gal..but it looked to me that they couldn't quicken on that surface behind..like you said earlier..in front the place to be

He stays 12f, he's an Irish Derby winner FFS.

You don't go that pace for 10f if you don't stay 12f either!

Could it simply be a difference in tactics? Never been ridden like that....plus it is no harm being prominent today at Leopardstown.

Back