Irish Champion Stakes Day

Great days sport ahead-I always think the balance of power shifts away from APOB and JPM at Leopardstown.
Does Rip have a bit of Hawk Wing about him.

14/1 now for Famous so the market certainly thinks the rain has got into the ground.

Or has completely over reacted. Lets just wait and see after the first.

Regarding an earlier posting - all the money for Eagle Canyon in the maiden.

Just remember how saturated the course was last year in the build up to the meeting - it thumped down all week but it still rode good (if not a little better) by race time. Its been roasting all week and it is still warm today. I do not think the ground will be an excuse to anything.

Funny you say that because my thinking was Twice Over has no excuse now. At the end of the day we all want to see a good race today and I think we have ideal conditions.

Last edited:
Just got a text message from the course saying the ground is now Good To Firm, Good In Places - that is not confirmed officially though.

the first race time would point to the following

fast ground = 85.80 - 88.00

Goodish = 88.00 - 89.50

Yielding - 89.50 - 92.00

Slow - 92.00 - 95.00

Very slow owt slower than that :)

these are a rough guide

Last edited:
Remember they are racing on two seperate courses today....an inner and outer track.

yes - always difficult to work out those tracks there :)

thats a pretty respectable time for the first and agrees with the official view.

i'll look at some past runnings of the next and just use those times..will hopefully confirm the Good ground

it won't be a million miles out Gal

these are the findings from the last few runnings of the 2.10

fast ground gave

thats pretty consistent

Good ground would be about 1.8 seconds slower at 10f..so will take fastest time..which makes ....Good = approx 126.00 - 127.50

only one running was on Yielding - that was run in 128.6..which backs up that Good assessment

so for Good we want..as long as they don't crawl early..126.00-127.50

ish :)

after the 2.10 race.....if you could just get a measuring jug and tell me how many millimetres of rain we have between then and the big race..it would be a big help :D

Highly unlikely but Await The Dawn still in the Leger and some bookmakers are napping and still have 50s up.

Coral go 10s!

As Euro said before, they just take it in turns to beat one another!

Bethrah went out like a light after travelling well. Would give her another chance in the Sun Chariot.

Back