Irish Chasers

Still difficult to assess just how much ability he retains, but I would argue that he possibly achieved more in terms of form in beating Carigeen Kalmia than he did at Punchestown.

Particularly loved the way he jumped the second last.

Jumped well, and enjoyed it, word from yard so far is that he is sound, but of course tomorrow will tell more.

Just wonderful to see him win again, regardless of the value of the race or not. He's always been one of my favourites and always will be.

War Of Attrition

Great to see the old boy back in winning action again today. Still too early to say if he can get back to the level of form in his Gold Cup winning season, but so far so good. I like the way Davy Russell is riding him too - considerate and confident.

I guess it is debatable even if he racaptured his GC level of form he could live with the Nicholls triumverate, however it is still a heart warming story nonetheless.

Chasing Cars does not have an entry in the Drinmore, and I've not heard a peep about the horse all Autumn. Anyone know if he's had a setback?

From Jessies stable tour....

Another of our horses in Chasing Cars has been ruled out for the season after picking up a 'leg'

Some decent prospects in action over the weekend. Made In Taipan and the return of Wins Now, (max bet Irish Stamp I presume?!) with Aran Concerto due back at Navan on Sunday.

Dissapointing news about Chasing Cars. On a related note, I hear from Meade's yard that neither Nicanor nor my old friend Snow Tern are in training at the minute. Seems unlikely either will be out for a while at least anyway.

Tranquil Sea, Made In Taipan and to a lesser extent Trafford Lad have given plenty of encouragement for the Irish novice chasers already this season. Fingers crossed Aran Concerto comes out shortly and does the business.

Nice. Probably more of a Sun Alliance horse I would have thought, We do seem to have a strong batch of nov chasers this season it seems.

Drinmore chase should see them all compete. If they all turn up, it will be a cracking renewal

Aran Concerto won well, though there's a good deal of improvement needed in the jumping department. I have no doubt he has the pace for the Arkle- the question is whether his jumping would hold up at pace.

Nicholls indicated yesterday that Breedsbreeze is a possible for the Drinmore as well.

I shouldn't have been so categoric in my assertion, uncle goober, until he proves it in a race run at a proper gallop, but equally I don't see how you can be so categoric in your assertion either to be honest.

Good to see you back BTW!

Thanks .

He has never impressed upon me that he is quick in anything he does neither two seasons ago nor today and furthermore is bred to be much better suited to sterner tests of stamina than two miles on ground quicker than heavy.

Agree with UG, Sun Alliance Chase horse...Arkle would be too sharp for him particularly as he appears to be a pretty low and slick jumper. That sort of jumping could see him in trouble when out of his comfort zone.

Last edited:
Fair enough. It has more to do with his jumping than anything else for me (low jumper as you said Aidan, though he certainly has the scope to improve with experience), though he still has to prove himself on quicker ground. All in all he does shape like a Sun Alliance prospect.

The connections felt, in hindsight, he should have ran in the Supreme at the Festival rather than the RSA Hurdle. In fairness, he was very raw over hurdles and I find it hard to believe he would have gone close in either race under any circumstances really, despite the various excuses trotted out.

The horse ran to green and babyish in the novice hurdle at Cheltenham and whats more he injured himself in the race.

Pretty much my point, yes.

McCoy reckoned afterwards he was in the wrong race.

Catch Me might have beaten him at Leopardstown in the Delloite as well if not for a Barry Geraghty brain freeze. Looks a much more mature prospect now (the horse, that is!) though.

Cooldine runs tomorrow at Thurles over a trip well short of his best. Has schooled very well at home though...an exciting prospect.

6/4 with the RP tomorrow. Be interesting to see him, think he could easily be beaten tomorrow but still be a top class prospect.

He would go down in my estimation if he lost this in a fair race.

Trip short of his best, yard more than happy to let one come on for the run...no surprise to see him beaten or seriously tested.

But like I said he has schooled really well and should love the ground.

Back