Irish Chasers

WOA out of Charlie Hall

Morris said: "The going is good to firm, firm in places and the forecast is for fine weather, which was not ideal and we decided it was too firm for him. The Durkan (December 7) is his first main target, but we might still go to Thurles."

Really looking forward to seeing Tranquil Sea over fences tommorrow at Cork. Exciting prospect over fences, though it looks a decent race tommorrow, with the likes of Baltiman and Holly Tree.

WOA back Thursday

"War Of Attrition will take his chance at Thurles, all being well, and there have been no hiccups since Punchestown," said Morris.
"He hasn't done an awful lot since, to be honest, and we have just been keeping him ticking over - but he seems in good form.
"We decided to miss the Charlie Hall because of the fast ground, but the ground at Thurles should be absolutely perfect.
"We will get this race out of the way before we talk about where he might go afterwards."

Sounds like a good idea - slow, steady and taking it step by step. Fingers crossed for another successful raceday and maybe a trip to Leopardstown over Christmas?

Good to see him back, any news on Nicanor at all (aside from the US one who won't run at 2 and is heading more the way of his brother Man Of Havana than his other brother Barbaro)?

Haven't heard anything in recent weeks. The plan last season was to start him in the Durkan chase at Leopardstown over Christmas. So maybe they will do similar again

That looked very easy for WOA didn't it? Not sure what he beat as Rathgar and Central seem past their best, but it will have done his confidence no harm! I'm all for the Nicholls duo having some meaningful competition, Kauto fanatic though I am :D

I missed the first few fences, but yes from what I saw Granger it looked easy peasy for him

Morris said afterwards,
"It's small steps at a time, he's entered in The John Durkan Chase and The Betfair Chase and all of the other usual races. I've nothing in my head at the moment as of where to go I'd prefer to wait until the morning to see how he is. It's one race at a time!"

Back