Irish Flat Season 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
IEEE met FuPeg a few weeks ago - he's rather calmed down from his racing heyday of being pretty much doolally. I haven't had too much experience of his offspring. Still covering at 15k though.....

The off spring of his that I have seen in the flesh have been beautiful looking animals - some spectacularly so!

You obviously disagree but the unless I'm forgetting one I can't remember any of them winning even a listed race.

Think Maarek has a very decent EW chance in the big sprint handicap at the Curragh tomorrow. He will get his ground, has won over 5f up the Curragh earlier this year, ran a cracker in the Silver Cup last weekend and is weighted to reverse form with Cheviot the favourite on recent runnings. As a four year old he still has plenty of room for improvement off 89. He is also drawn better than those shorter in the Market in 17.

Nice touch landed there - opened 16/1 this morning returned 15/2.

Has anyone noticed how many times his horses are hammered in the betting on a Sunday. Its an idea for a new thread. I can think of three now in four weeks that were completely steam rolled in the market.

Yes, it was the new 2yo crop I was alluding to...Power and Reply have flown the flag for OD this season. The Coolmore boys have bought two more OD yearlings already this sales season so they must be happy with them.

Among Equals is an Oasis Dream as well.

Taken from the Betfair forum

Ballydoyle-a few horses sold today

Obligation-sold to Nasser Ghazali for €27,000
Last Crusade-sold to Fal Stud for €30,000
Canary Wharf-sold to Marco botti for €25,000
Foot Soldier-sold to Charlie Swan for €11,000 (Bargain?)
Eagle Canyon-sold to pastor gomez for €10,000
Scribe-sold to David Evans for €17,000
Nantucket Bay-sold to BBA Ireland for €67,000
Raphael Santi-sold to Dr Elf KFT for €10,000
Highflying-sold to BBA Ireland for €10,500

I've heard a whisper about a horse for sale that could possibly win 2 or 3 novice hurdles in England next summer.How much would such a horse be worth?.

Back