Irish Flat Season 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
Sad too last night to see how much Jan Vermeer has regressed from a horse placed third in the Irish Derby last season.

When he stuck to the rail and went clear (gaining lengths) I thought JV would take some catching, with the others coming up the centre of the track. But he folded like a paper doily in the end.

Last edited:
I priced him up 4/5. Been matched at 1.6 on Betfair. I wonder might we see EVS in the morning.

You might do, 4/5 more likely though - horse bidding to score for the first time in 5 starts outside Ireland, taking on horses he's no formlines with and in a Group 1 (0 for 7), would rather be with Elle Shadow in her own back yard tbh.

(3:50) 237D The Irish Field St. Leger (Group 1) €127,600.00 ( 1m 6f - 3yo+ )[MAX 30]

1 3 Duncan (GB) (JGosden (in GB)) EAhern 9,11
2 2 Fame And Glory (GB)(120) (APO'Brien) . 9,11
3 1 Jukebox Jury (MJohnston (in GB)) JPMurtagh 9,11
4 5 Red Cadeaux (GB) (EDunlop (in GB)) TGMcLaughlin 9,11
5 6 Waydownsouth(101) (PJFlynn) DMGrant 9,11
6 4 Fictional Account(103) (VCWard) FMBerry 9,08

Very hard to take on Fame And Glory. These should not be in his league. He will have no excuses either. The early 5/4 has long dried up. I'd probably take 4/5.

Duncan can be quite classy when it suits him, but I'd agree if Fame has any basis for his Arc ambition there should be no excuses here. Anything around evens ought to be a bet.

I'd look at it another way - if they thought Fame had any chance at all in the Arc, he wouldn't be running in this.

Back