Press Association Tissue

2/1 Whip Rule
5/2 Pinkisthecolour
11/4 Lost City
8/1 Gold Lace
10/1 Madeira Girl
16/1 Tough As Nails

:lol:

Haven't you enough characters to deal with than to be listening to me burning your ear as well!

I can handle any character who is willing to pay for a share!! Come on then, when will I send you out the syndicate form??!!

:lol::lol: - Are you keeping that for the season or will you become more cryptic and change it for every maiden run up the Curragh?

Any thoughts on the 5:05 When Not Iff? trained by Kevin Prendergast and put into this h'cap after only two runs although Oxx and Weld have done the same with their horses, the association between Prendergast and Gabriel 'Squibs' Curran makes me sit up and take notice.

The race is the Gabriel Curran Memorial Madrid Handicap.

Gabriel 'Squibs' Curran A native of Kells, Co Meath, Curran enjoyed a particularly fruitful association with Curragh trainer Kevin Prendergast, for whom he succeeded stylish Australian Laurie Johnson as the stable's number one.

"He was a very good rider, strong in a finish and a good judge of a horse too. He became our stable jockey when Laurie went back home and later recruited Charlie Swan as an apprentice," said Prendergast.

Nebbiolo, on which Curran scored in both the Gimcrack Stakes at York in 1976 and the following season's English 2,000 Guineas at 20/1, was one of the best performers he was associated with for Prendergast.

The partnership also hit the target in the domestic classics with 33/1 chance Northern Treasure in the 1976 2,000 Guineas and when Arctique Royale landed the fillies' equivalent five years later.

Unsurprisingly the fancy connections of Lost City are making him prohibitive price. 10/11 in places is ridiculous. Pinkisthecolour is genuine value at 5/2 or better.Lost City will have to be smart to beat her today.

Last edited:
Curragh 2.35

Press Association Tissue

2/1 Whip Rule
5/2 Pinkisthecolour
11/4 Lost City
8/1 Gold Lace
10/1 Madeira Girl
16/1 Tough As Nails

This turned out to be a decent race last year, couple of listed winners and horses rated in the 90's. Odds against any of them training on . Will keep an eye on them.

Our Joe Mac is at 28 on the list of entries for the Lincoln and I'm sure that race is 38 - 40 runners.

Maximum field for the Lincoln at Doncaster these days is 22.

First 2 in the betting look awfully short in the Irish Lincoln. The trip on this ground may be too much of a test but think Kyllachy Star looks a big price on his Irish Camdridgeshire run. Topliss claiming the 5 is a bonus.

Unsurprisingly the fancy connections of Lost City are making him prohibitive price. 10/11 in places is ridiculous. Pinkisthecolour is genuine value at 5/2 or better.Lost City will have to be smart to beat her today.

Lost City as short as 4/6, best priced 4/5 in one place, Pink is out to 7/2 in a place, 10/3 but generally 3/1. Tough as Nails has also seen support in the race from 20/1, now a 12-16 shot with VC standout 18/1.

In the 4.35 a gamble developing on Photo Opportunity, 9/4-5/2 with 11/4 Hills biggest on offer.

Last edited:
Would be The Fifth Member for me in the big race - clocked a very big speed figure at Ayr last back-end and is proven on soft ground, yard in decent enough form and I doubt Boyle would send him over for the fresh air.

Martin

I see Boylesports, PaddyPowers and Stan James amoungst others are going 1/4 odds first 3 in the Lincoln at the Curragh today. Can they do that in a 16 runner handicap??

Had word for tough as nails in the same race, I have already backed Gearoids and wont be changing, although what I will say is that the lad who gave me this one tipped one up to me a couple of weeks ago and it very nearly won at 25s.

If they think Tough As Nails is good they're entitled to fancy it. Did I ever tell you the one about a trainer who left a future Group 1 winner go off 7/1 in a crap Tipperary maiden. Hadn't a clue what he had. Mick something was the trainers name.

If they think Tough As Nails is good they're entitled to fancy it. Did I ever tell you the one about a trainer who left a future Group 1 winner go off 7/1 in a crap Tipperary maiden. Hadn't a clue what he had. Mick something was the trainers name.

You mentioned it, fortunately some of us knew and were buried in it!

Back