Irish Flat Season 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
If they think Tough As Nails is good they're entitled to fancy it.

Trainer has 3 runners at Curragh today, 2 of them have been supported at big prices, TaN & The Tooth Fairy. 3 of his last 4 runners (over jumps) have finished 2nd @ 25/1, 1st @ 33/1 & 2nd @ 12/1.

Last edited:
Had word for tough as nails in the same race, I have already backed Gearoids and wont be changing, although what I will say is that the lad who gave me this one tipped one up to me a couple of weeks ago and it very nearly won at 25s.

I hope he loses it in the stewards for the sake of your sanity!

Last edited:
Wish the flat season was postponed for a week!! The worst possible start - done my brains and most of my Cheltenham profits..... What a dope :mad:

Your current avatar is only slightly more painful to me than your previous one. Didn't think Faheys would count - Bolgers drifted like a barge and who would have expected Mulvanney to have one ready - Bolger's in the last was supposedly taking this on the way to a romp in the 1,000 guineas - the hype surrounding Weld's yoke on the Lincoln was unreal! Joseph gave Luisant no chance in the sprint handicap and O'Gradys in the bumper at Cork stopped as if it was shot.

A day to learn from and then consign to the file of bin.

I'm could have done better on the rest of the card but they were minimum bets. I've no complaints with Pnkisthecolour. She's a reasonable level of ability but the front two were better on the day. She hit 1.3 in running so it's not like she didn't run her race. If I had backed the favourite Lost City at 11/10 or as short as 4/7 I would be on much worse terms with myself.

Wish the flat season was postponed for a week!! The worst possible start - done my brains and most of my Cheltenham profits..... What a dope :mad:

A similar story although my losses were limited to a little over my (not inconsiderable) winnings from yesterdays football matches, good job there's a decent number of league games this midweek!

I have always said two of the most dangerous weekends for punting are before and after Cheltenham.In the past I have seen a good solid Cheltenham disappear in the Uttoxeter mud.

Ballydoyle galloped almost forty including Recital, Fame and Glory and Saint Nicholas Abbey after racing. So You Think is physically a very impressive horse and stood out among them. Saint Nicholas Abbey still looks light while classic hope Seville was tailed off in his group.

Ballydoyle galloped almost forty including Recital, Fame and Glory and Saint Nicholas Abbey after racing. So You Think is physically a very impressive horse and stood out among them. Saint Nicholas Abbey still looks light while classic hope Seville was tailed off in his group.

SYT is definitely an eye catcher, as were the Meek Appeal 2yo and the Race The Wild Wind 2yo. Recital looks to have grown into himself over the winter.

Racing Post:

Roderic O'Connor could begin season on Sunday

BY TONY O'HEHIR 9:16AM 21 MAR 2011

AIDAN O’BRIEN could fire the first shot of his 2011 Classic campaign as early as this weekend with leading 2,000 Guineas hope Roderic O'Connor possibly set to reappear at Leopardstown on Sunday.

The son of Galileo, second to Frankel in the Dewhurst before winning the Group 1 Criterium International at Saint-Cloud and as short as 10-1 for the Newmarket Classic, was absent from the team of horses the Ballydoyle trainer on Sunday took to the Curragh to work after racing.

Those working included fellow Classic hope Recital, leading older horse Fame And Glory, Australian star So You Think and 2009 Racing Post Trophy winner St Nicholas Abbey.

Also absent was Cape Blanco, who will head O’Brien’s first runners at the Dubai World Cup meeting for six years at Meydan on Saturday.

O’Brien, who made an immediate winning start to the season when Sing Softly took the 6f maiden, did work another Classic possible in Phoenix Stakes winner Zoffany at the Curragh and said afterwards: "It's possible but far from definite that Roderic O’Connor might start off his season in the 2,000 Guineas Trial at Leopardstown on Sunday."

Leopardstown Guineas trial

4/6 Dunboyne Express
10/3 Cocozza
9/2 Exodus
9/1 Whipless

Could be a trappy race.

After the hammering today I doubt it. He's not been working the house down apparently but it will be very disappointing if he can't win this. Cocozza probably thinks he's unbeaten after being 2nd in the maiden in the Curragh behind Oracle where Joesph O'Brien made all down the far side rail.

A bit of 10/11 tomorrow might change my mind.

Leopardstown 1,000 Guineas Trial

3/1 Wild West
4/1 History Note
6/1 Seeharn
7/1 Hurricane Havoc
9/1 Katla
12/1 bar

Leopardstown 1,000 Guineas Trial

3/1 Wild West
4/1 History Note
6/1 Seeharn
7/1 Hurricane Havoc
9/1 Katla
12/1 bar

Katla us supposed to be flying at home so Ive heard. I don't understand how he can really say that as he has only one horse!

Last edited:
Back