Irish Flat Season 2011

Do you have any insight into any of the runners in the first and last - do you know anything about their breeding, or where I can find out?

I love Cheltenham but I love the flat season more!

Do you have any insight into any of the runners in the first and last - do you know anything about their breeding, or where I can find out?

I love Cheltenham but I love the flat season more!

I'm very keen on one in the last. Ansaab is related to Bachir and had very fancy entries last season. I like one in the opener too but I can't get the breeding on my phone.

I'm very keen on one in the last. Ansaab is related to Bachir and had very fancy entries last season. I like one in the opener too but I can't get the breeding on my phone.

Breeding of the runners in the first

Ahimsa: bay filly Holy Roman Emperor — Blue Cloud (Nashwan (USA))

Battleroftheboyne: bay colt Majestic Missile — Khaytada (Doyoun (GB))

Crimson Sunrise: bay filly Holy Roman Emperor — Zanida (Mujadil (USA))

Gold Lace: bay filly Invincible Spirit — Brigitta (Sadler´s Wells (USA))

Lonrach: bay filly Holy Roman Emperor — Luminous One (Galileo)

Lost City: bay colt Elusive City (USA) — Farthing (Mujadil (USA))

Madeira Girl: bay filly Bachelor Duke (USA) — Last Cry (FR) (Peintre Celebre (USA))

Pinkisthecolour: bay filly Red Clubs — Delicia (Rainbow Quest (USA))

Snowflake Dancer: bay colt Dylan Thomas — Snowy Day In La (Sadler´s Wells (USA))

Teolane: chestnut filly Teofilo — Masnada (Erins Isle (GB))

The Firm: bay colt Acclamation (GB) — Aspen Falls (Elnadim (USA))

Tough As Nails: grey colt Dark Angel — Soreze (Gallic League (GB))

Whip Rule: bay colt Whipper (USA) — Danemarque (AUS) (Danehill (USA))

As a side note - Ahimsa's half sister (Empowering) runs in the sixth on the card.

This early in the year without knowing anything else I would be looking at the 2 out of the Mujadil mares and the one out of the Elnadim mare.

This early in the year without knowing anything else I would be looking at the 2 out of the Mujadil mares and the one out of the Elnadim mare.

That's intesting! What do you like about The Firm's breeding?

As fallon put it, 2yr olds this time of year are 'speed bunnies'. early precocious speed. The winner and runners up in this race usually do not progress.The ground will be like glue and will tear the guts out of the ones that are trying. Mujadil and Elnadim are bought sources of early precocious types. Seeing as the sires are Holy roman emperor, elusive city and Acclamation (The firm), also sires associated with precocity, this looks the job the ones I mentioned where bred for.

Thanks. He is indeed a speedy type on the gallops but the rest of your post worries me. Will 5f on bad ground really have that bad an effect on them?

Thanks. He is indeed a speedy type on the gallops but the rest of your post worries me. Will 5f on bad ground really have that bad an effect on them?

Oops , is he yours ? If he was mine the jock would be told tuck him in, get him settled, show him the whip, use it once only (or die)

Only one bet for me on Sunday....Photo Opportunity in the Lincoln. He was unlucky at Leopardstown on his second run and as a half brother to Famous Name (I think), he should improve with age.

I like Cantoris. Now cnuld you take us through the maiens?! What do you think of Fahey having a block of entries for the opening card?

I like Cantoris. Now cnuld you take us through the maiens?! What do you think of Fahey having a block of entries for the opening card?
Think Our Joe Mac needs a penalty to get a run in the Lincoln at Doncaster - certainly spices things up Gearoid.

I think he fancies his chances with him. I don't think his 2yo in the opener is up to much. I think he might be filling the horsebox with the main point to the trip being the Lincoln. I'm looking forward to the tissues tomorrow.

Jasus, I thought I was doing well to find a horse I actually remembered from last season. After the Gold Cup today, life is going to ge pretty boring now for the Summer!! Time to buy another horse!!

Back