Irish Guineas

I`m getting seriously fecked off with our Bookie friends still not pricing up the Tattersalls Gold Cup. Betfair have had a market on the 1000 for weeks WHY? It is the most boring looking race ever.

Leinster tomorrow
It will be generally dry but cloudy at first. There is the small chance of a light shower. The evening could see one or two showers as well. A moderate easterly wind. Max temp 16-19°C (61-66°F).
Saturday
It is going to be dry with spells of sunshine. There will be a moderate north-easterly breeze. Max temp 16-19°C (61-66°F).
Sunday
It looks set to be dry with plenty of blue sky and bright sunshine. A moderate north-easterly wind. Max temp 16-19°C (61-66°F).

Any significant rain today? I note that they`ve watered.

I`m tempted to put a hefty bet on Henry if he`s around 2s and it`s fast. I`m amazed NA is favourite - he was probably the fittest looking horse at Newmarket and hasn`t the scope of the winner.

What do we make of the 1000 Guineas? Very good reports regarding Kitty Matcham's progress since Newmarket while Nahoodh is out for some compensation.

Surprised to see Nahoodh on new colours.
Channon has been saying all week that he wants more older horses in his yard, now I understand his frustration, although Jaber has always been very supporting on him.
I think she should win on Sunday.

Is Smullen retained by Moyglare as well as Weld? If not, is the fact he rides Mad About You rather than Caribbean Sunset not significant. Surely the latter named would have some chance - won two trials. Mad About You is a relatively unexposed filly, should like the fast ground, and Weld's good horses have been running well first time out e.g. Chinese White, Casual Conquest.. Also got favorable mention in stable tour with respect to other fillies in yard. It's all a bit speculative though I guess.

Mad About You is another widely touted all week...by all accounts Smullen had little hesitation in his selection.

Ladbrokes going joint favourites the big two tomorrow.

I really can't see how anybody could have a strong view on the Two Thousand. New Approach and Henrythenavigator are well clear of the rest but there's no way I can see of differentiating between the two.

Originally posted by gus@May 23 2008, 07:07 PM
I really can't see how anybody could have a strong view on the Two Thousand. New Approach and Henrythenavigator are well clear of the rest but there's no way I can see of differentiating between the two.
One is 5/4 and the other is 15/8 though.

Presuming there is no rain (hard to believe the Curragh didn't get any yesterday), I'd take Henrythenavigator to confirm the Newmarket result.

Interesting to see Cashmans go 5-4 Henry,6/4 New Approach.My first reaction when they passed the post at Newmarket was that NA was mugged but on reflection making excuses for horses can be an expensive business.

Henry was way out the back at Newmarket. I can see him ridden closer to NA and sweeping past. At least that's what I hope happens. Something similar to the Peeping Fawn - Light Shift rematch last year. Only Peeeping didn't make it past at Epsom of course.

Famous Name and Windsor Palace both non-runners and ATR are suggesting there may be a doubt about Sammy The Snake.

I said to myself between the three and two markers "how far does Henry win now?!" He looked the winner from a long way out.

The each way punt on Stubbs Art at 20s wasnae so bad in the end either! :D

Different class, from the moment the horse walked into the parade ring I knew he would win easily. He was not ready for the 2000 Guineas but he was ready today. I said it after Newmarket that he reminded me of Rock Of Gibraltar and I expect him to progress with racing like that fellow.

New Approach looked to be feeling the ground today which is offically firm while Stubbs Art ran well.

Jupiter Pluvius is one to keep on side for the next day, yet again for a Ballydoyle debutant this season he was carrying plenty of condition today. Will be a different horse next time out.

Originally posted by prince regent@May 24 2008, 03:10 PM
not even when upped in trip??
Just my opinion PR, but I'd not have on my mind at any trip after today

Decent 2yo who has not gone forward as a 3yo imo

Back