Irish Guineas

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@May 20 2008, 03:59 PM
Elsie is no mug and he wouldn't have forked out the supplementary fee if he didn't think the horse was up to it. It was he who insisted that the horse run in the Guineas, remember - on reading that I had a couple of quid in him myself as the man is no fool.
:rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@May 20 2008, 03:59 PM
I happen to think that at 20/1 Stubbs Art is a daft price. It is the fact that he is trained by Elsie, and not Ballydoyle, that makes people dismiss him so readily IMO. There is nothing to suggest that he cannot improve on the few lengths he needs to make up on the "top two" and that is assuming that they both run to form. Elsie is no mug and he wouldn't have forked out the supplementary fee if he didn't think the horse was up to it. It was he who insisted that the horse run in the Guineas, remember - on reading that I had a couple of quid in him myself as the man is no fool.
Agree with all of that Dom, he was catching them at Newmarket and the Curragh is stiffer so will suit him. He wants the forecasted rain as well. I invested in him as well and I think he can cause a shock. I like Famous Name best of the Irish horses.

I am right beside the Curragh and we have had no rain whatsoever for a couple of weeks. It is currently Good To Firm, Firm in places. Saturday itself is meant to dry and warm again.

Famous Name is on the drift a bit this evening...New Approach, the two Ballydoyle horses and Stubs Art shortening up a bit.

Still Good To Firm, Firm in places this morning after just 3mm of rain over night. They plan on watering today as the forecast rain is not expected to be much.

Crazy, just type 'Dublin weather' into Google and you get a four-day forecast straight away.

Yes, I'll be there on both days. Is anyone else going?

P.S. Does anyone know why Ladds abd Betfair have suspended betting on the Ir2000?

8 runners

Famous Name

Henrythenavigator

Jupiter Pluvius

New Approach

Nownownow

Sammy The Snake

Stubbs Art

Windsor Palace

I dont think so Mel, have not heard anything about that and he does not look the type Coolmore would be interested in.

Murtagh rides Henry, Heffernan on JP and O'Donoghue on Winter Palace.

Paddy Power's prices...

New Approach 5-4

Henry The Navigator 7-4

Jupiter Pluvius 8-1

Famous Name 8-1

Stubbs Art 16-1

Nownownow 20-1

Sammy The Snake 50-1

Windsor Palace 66-1

Bolger obviously likes Mr Greeley and has had plenty of success with them.Blas cheoil being the latest of them (all fillies)

Ballydoyle have Great barrier reef and Greek Mythology two colts by Mr Greeley.
I'd say there is a place in the market for a Gone west line stallion, a Mr Greeley perhaps.I'd say Coolmore are in nownownow.

Nownownow is not a Grade or Group 1 winner.I dont see why Coolmore would buy into him, he is in the exact same ownership here in Ireland as he was in the States.

I had to look why:

"Because of technical requirements, it is not eligible for classification as a graded stakes race in its first two runnings[1]."

I don't think the Coolmore marketing machine would have any trouble spinning a 2yr old breeders cup winner rated in the 100s.

Back