Jockey News

Brutal day for the jocks at Limerick

I really feared for Davy after seeing that fall. Reported as shoulder and not neck

Blackmore took a fair whack too

Jack Kennedy collarbone I think. He is cursed

Someone will be getting big rides from Gordon now for the time being

Hidden away in the honours awarded last week was a MBE for former jockey Ron Atkins (remember RA painted on the front of his skull cap ?) for services to racing.

An update from the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board’s senior medical officer Dr Jennifer Pugh posted on Twitter read: “Davy Russell sustained a neck injury and has a fracture of his C6 vertebrae. Jack Kennedy fractured his left collarbone.
“Unfortunately they will both be out for a number of weeks.”

Jack could be back for Down Royal, Davy out for at least two months, Gordon to use Keith Donoghue and other top riders as available on the day.

Last edited:
Ordinarily Power would probably have been in line for a good few for Elliott, but is only available on grade one days for now

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Andrew Lynch has finally announced his retirement after being off since Jan 2019.
A top man I wish him well, he rode a lot of big winners .
Rarely seen now his weight allowance was guarded as long as Victram was running in those top handicaps , time enough for him to be cut loose after; this is rarely seen nowadays, which may not be of great benefit to the jockey longterm.

Good jockey slippers.
He won on In Bloom for us on her juvenile hurdle debut and we went home thinking she would run at The Festival for us.
Alas she got a hairline fracture and was never the same after, but those three weeks post race were pure bliss !
Best wishes to him for his future.

She was sold at sales a year later, we only had a lease on her.
One Westerner foal ran a p2p with little success so far.
Family of Anthony Van Dyck, El Gran Senor etc so delighted to have even a sniff of such a pedigree if only for 6 months.

To the delight of Colin Tizzard. Robbie Power will be staying in Ireland till travel restrictions lift.

Sorry, on the phone so cant resend. Colm O'Donoghue was cleared in court yesterday over charges brought by his ex, she sounds like a complete bunny boiler, he is taking a civil case against her now.

...a jockey who went from hero to zero very quickly

Is now back at Ballydoyle so be of interest if he can resurrect his career though is 40 now

He came into his own once he left Ballydoyle for Jessie.
It just shows how mud sticks and the guilty are far better off than the innocent in these cases as they get what they deserve.
Wishing him all the best ; his riding of Alpha Centauri was world class.

Back