Jockey News

Is he a certainty to get back on him for Cheltenham? After Kennedy riding him for all 3 of his chase runs?

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Given Jacks’s bad luck injury wise there’s probably more chance of Davy being at Cheltenham. Hope I’m wrong though. Have watched the lads career closely ever since Labaik.

davy is due to sit on a horse again next week.

If not for envoi, I think he'd pack it in

I've a;ways been a fan and would love to see him quit right now in one piece
but we have a horse that could be one of the best in 40 years OR NOT so you can't blame him
wanting to at least check it out in the seniors

Harry Skelton not going to be on Prolitologue this weekend or the champion chase.

Harry Cobden takes over.

Owners wanted a commitment that he would be riding Prolitologue rather than nube negra in the champion

0_Screenshot-2021-01-19-at-150125.png

Back on horseback - Presenting Percy

Last edited:
Best of luck Davy, but look after yourself. From now on your many followers are going to be anxious every time you have a fall.

I was sorry to hear the news about David Mullins, I think he's a fine jockey. He got on very well with our Getaway Gorgeous the day she won at Punchestown, and I was hoping he might get the chance to ride her again some day. He's already achieved a great deal and I hope he finds the path that's best for him.

At least we no longer have the confusion over which D Mullins listed on the card is Danny vs David!!!

David Mullins retiring.

Mullins senior revealed he was first notified of the rider’s decision after he finished third aboard Blackbow just last week.He added: “It was a surprise in the moment. He just got down off the horse and said he was finished — that was the term he used.
“I initially thought he meant he was finished for the day, but then it dawned on me that he was retiring.”

Blackbow must take it out of you

Last edited:
Hollie Doyle has just ridden five winners in a row and has a good chance of a sixth in the last, at Kempton

Hollie Doyle has just ridden five winners in a row and has a good chance of a sixth in the last, at Kempton

Is she that good? I dont watch the flat so honestly couldn’t tell you. You just see her plastered everywhere.

Riding 5 winners in a row is a fantastic feat in itself though, so hope my question doesn’t suggest Im trying to take away from that.

Is she that good? I dont watch the flat so honestly couldn’t tell you. You just see her plastered everywhere.

Riding 5 winners in a row is a fantastic feat in itself though, so hope my question doesn’t suggest Im trying to take away from that.

She is certainly very good.

She's good, and she's ridimg good horses, but wouldn't be the best judge of pace in the world (As SR indicates in his ATR sectional piece). That finesse may develop in time, but - at the moment - you couldn't bank on it.

Last edited:
She seems to be best at conjuring a run out of nowhere without giving the horse a hard time. Maybe she sweet talks them into it :)

She seems to be best at conjuring a run out of nowhere without giving the horse a hard time. Maybe she sweet talks them into it :)

Perfect balance, weight in the saddle not flailing around on top...and she drinks Pepsi not coke..

You don't watch that stuff do you Art?

I don't normally venture into the dark net but a friend alerted me to what was going on and I thought I would share it.

In answer to JJ's question how good is she, that five-timer last night was for four different trainers and Willie Mullins chose her for his big Saudi winner the other day, True Self. These facts speak for themselves.

She could challenge for the title but is gonna need more rides, Oisin had about 150+ more rides than her last season

It was nice to see her 5 timer story knock the Elliott story down the pecking order a bit as well

I don't normally venture into the dark net but a friend alerted me to what was going on and I thought I would share it.

In answer to JJ's question how good is she, that five-timer last night was for four different trainers and Willie Mullins chose her for his big Saudi winner the other day, True Self. These facts speak for themselves.

Might well have made it 6, had she not gone too soon in the last. :)

Last edited:
Just for interest these are the jockey arrangements for the Festival

GB BASED JOCKEYS RIDING AT THE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL
114260e5-a8e0-487e-9be2-8d3a7e58b754.jpg

<tbody>
</tbody>
Currently the whole site will operate as a Green Zone area. However, within it is an area solely for participants travelling over from Ireland to keep them separated from GB based personnel. Irish personnel will have been strictly tested before travelling over and will be tested during the week.

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
Arrival
All jockeys riding at The Festival will be required to report to the Testing Station situated at the North Entrance to go through temperature and health screening checks before entering the racecourse and Green Zone. Please bring photographic ID. This is a requirement each day you are riding. Due to the current Government and Public Health restrictions, only those with rides on any given day will be allowed access. The Testing Stations will be open from 7am each day.

Changing & Weighing Room
All GB based jockeys will be based in M30, which is the Marquee just to the right once you have come through the North Entrance and behind the Main Weighing Room. Spaces have been made to accommodate both male and female jockeys with both shower and toilet facilities and there will be a doctor, a nurse and a physio in this facility. All GB based Jockey briefings will take place here which will also contain a set of scales, as this is where you will be weighing in and out for each race. A range of hot and cold food and drinks will be available.
Irish based jockeys will be based in the Main Weighing Room.

Stewards Room
For this race meeting only the Stewards Room will be in M1, which is the marquee below the Parade Ring (normally an Owners’ facility). Stewards’ Enquiries will take place here, unless you are advised otherwise by a BHA Official, as it has more space to accommodate social distancing.

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
a520c485-cf40-4ffe-b96a-e66afeac0de6.jpg

<tbody>
</tbody>
Winning Jockeys
As in previous years, there will be a set of electronic scales in the Winners’ Enclosure and winning Jockeys will be directed to weigh in here by the Clerk of the Scales for certain races.

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
Placed Horses
Whilst we are racing behind closed doors the 1[SUP]st[/SUP], 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] & 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] placed horses will unsaddle in the Winners Enclosure.

Gallops
GB based jockeys coming to exercise Irish runners in the morning will need to go through temperature checks and health screening before entering the site and the Green Zone. There will be a Testing Station for GB based participants in the carpark by the Main Stable Yard. Once checked in, they must proceed to top of the pull up area on the track to meet their horse, as entry in to the “Irish Bubble” is not permitted. Jockeys who leave the site after exercising will need to go through the health screening again if they return to the racecourse later in the day. Any jockey who remains on site and therefore in the Green Zone will not have to be health screened again.

There are areas that are deemed minimal risk where you will not be physically segregated from your Irish based colleagues, namely, the Parade Ring and on the track but we do ask you to be mindful not to break social distancing.

Please maintain two metre social distancing at all times and wear face coverings at all times unless eating and drinking.

Back