Jockey News

Daryl Jacob is out for 2/3 weeks with a hand injury, leaving a few lovely rides available over Crimbo incl Footpad in the King George…

Be interesting to see if Townend comes over for the ride. Willie will no doubt have a few running round Leopardstown on Boxing Day.

Last edited:
Daryl Jacob is out for 2/3 weeks with a hand injury, leaving a few lovely rides available over Crimbo incl Footpad in the King George…

Bad luck for him but he was due a 10 day ban anyway as he was one who continued riding in the void race at Sandown. I think that’s subject to appeal but not sure when that will be heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be interesting to see if Townend comes over for the ride. Willie will no doubt have a few running round Leopardstown on Boxing Day.

Would he give up the ride on Laurina in the 2m 1f Grade 1 Novice chase at Leopardstown?

That's really the only high profile ride on the 26th that he'd be giving up to go to Kempton.

Would he give up the ride on Laurina in the 2m 1f Grade 1 Novice chase at Leopardstown?

That's really the only high profile ride on the 26th that he'd be giving up to go to Kempton.
Bird in hand better than 2 in the bush. Unless the KG really cuts up somehow, I would imagine he will be staying at home

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

David Noonan has got his break into the big time I hope.
A top amateur, destined to be champion before going pro mid season, and conditional ,he had a quiet season last year but has had a wonderful eight days .
Harry Cobden, the Bowens and Bryony stole his thunder for a while but he has kept his head down and worked through it all honestly .
Hope he can take the next step in his career and stay injury free.
Now is the time for An Capall to step in and give him another leg up !

Facebook saying bans for Sandown quashed. Does that mean the original result stands then? A friend's horse trying to qualify for the GN.

No. Think it’s just the bans quashed with everyone holding their hands up it being a farce.

Unfortunately think the result will still stand, void race.

No. Think it’s just the bans quashed with everyone holding their hands up it being a farce.

Unfortunately think the result will still stand, void race.

Thank you but yeah but yeah but yeah....if bans squashed surely that means result stands as in the bans have been overturned because they, the jockeys, didn't break the rules therefore they rode according to the rules, so the results stands..... no?

Think the jockeys are quite fortunate to have the bans completely quashed.
I mean they saw the yellow flag well enough to bypass the pond fence, and they all know what a yellow flag means.

Last edited:
Think the jockeys are quite fortunate to have the bans completely quashed.
I mean they saw the yellow flag well enough to bypass the pond fence, and they all know what a yellow flag means.

Agreed. Unlikely the jocks didn’t see the yellow flag IMO but sounds like they had a good solicitor on their side

Paul Townend is getting a lot of abuse on Twitter. Don’t see what he’s done wrong myself? Could just be punters talking with their pockets. Many mentioning he’s been beaten on 4 short priced favs, and mentioning his ride on Bacardys.

Paul Townend is getting a lot of abuse on Twitter. Don’t see what he’s done wrong myself? Could just be punters talking with their pockets. Many mentioning he’s been beaten on 4 short priced favs, and mentioning his ride on Bacardys.

It’s Pocket talk ... unfortunately it now goes with the territory

It's a game of short memories

Always be a rush to crown the next coming

Willie knows best

The great Brownie Guinan produced the quote of Leopardstown 2019 re Jack Kennedy.
"He'd remind you of Dougal in Father Ted the way he gives interviews; all wide eyed and innocent !"
"Days like these are the best in your life; isn't that right Ted ?"

This isn’t pocket talk as I’m well up for the day. But should Nicky Henderson be looking for another number 1 over De Boinville?

He always seems weak as they come in a finish.
He literally has no interest in putting in hard graft to get a horse to win
If he thinks the horse has no chance he gives up
His riding style is an eye sore
His strike rate on other horses that aren’t Henderson’s is poor, for a supposed top jockey

Several times he seems to just give up? I bet you could count one hand the amount of times you can sit there and think great ride.

Can’t warm to him. 2 bad rides today I’ve counted.

Nico always struck me as the old style stable jockey who was a team player, looked after his horses and is not too bothered about outside rides when he has a stable full at home to be looking after. He has as good a cv as there is out there and surely NJH has not gone soft now he has an OBE .
I may wll be as wrong as hell but happy new year anyways.
I see my cousin Bryan Carver, first cousin of Killian Leonard , had a hat trick at Exeter today so hats off to him.

Back