Juddmonte International

With regard to the Breeders Cup seemingly his main target, the QE2 fits in by far the best in terms of timings.

EC, you are looking (again) for something that isn't there ... it is clear to everyone Hannon has been looking for ways to keep his horses apart this season. Fair enough if that still means you are running the horses in the right races. He wasn't, with his preposterous idea of running Dick Turpin in a Deauville Group 2 carrying a 7 pound penalty. The owner then stepped in and paid the supplementary fee to ensure if he was running in a 10 furlong race, at least let it be a Group 1.

The only person with a Hannon complex is you. I would, and have, said the same about other trainers when they are doing something which is not in the best interests of a horse.

including AOB?

i have no complex about Hannon..I did comment a few weeks ago about the negative vibe from a few here..and you bit me head of saying it isn't there..now you say he is a clown and its still not there..mmm

the last time i questioned a horse being stepped up in trip on the forum..i was told i was old fashioned and boring..there are worse bred..ie stamina than DT that have been stepped up before to the beloved 10f trip..and the connections have been congratulated..usually when its certain trainers though

you have got the digs into Hannon..its obvious to me anyway..don't get angry..just passing comment

EC, you are wrong. You asked me (several times) do I have an issue with Hannon, and I have answered you. Accept this and move on, it's tiring otherwise.

I think Fame And Glory is the better stallion prospect of the pair and I think they will be very keen to get another 10 furlong Group 1 into him particularly seeing as it has been the plan for so long.

I genuinely think dropping to a mile will not be an issue for Rip Van Winkle.

Great to see Rip back to his best - think they'd be daft to drop him in trip now and would prefer they kept him at 10f and as mentioned earlier in the thread target the Irish Champion.

How would you price up the QE2, with Canford, Rip, Dick Turpin and possibly Makfi, were he to travel?

Put in Paco and Goldikova for a dream race.

On the Irish Champion issue, maybe it is a case of which of the horses is a better stallion prospect.

Which is more easily marketable - a temperamental son of Galileo with dodgy feet, or a straightforward galloping son of Montjeu?

Really interesting to hear Murtagh so emphatic after the race that the horse is only coming to himself now, particularly singling out the bullish vibes he has been getting from O'Brien.

A bit surprised to hear no one mention Twice Over or Byword in the aftermath ~ both ran absolutely cracking races I thought.

Yes, Rip Van Winkle needs 3 runs to be right. What drugs do you need to be on to believe this rubbish?

On reflection after watching the replays and hearing C4’s and RUK’s thoughts last night – has Rip Van Winkle actually improved that much for the step up in trip yesterday? I personally think he probably did not actually produce that much more in terms of pure rating that he did in the Sussex Stakes behind Canford Cliffs.

What it did tell me though was that all the ability is still there (given how well he did to win from where he was) and that he will appreciate being ridden more aggressive over any trip.

I thought Twice Over ran a cracker and he will be the one to beat again in the Newmarket Champion Stakes unless one of the superstars turn up.

I have Rip running to 126 (OR scale) in both of his last two runs. But bear in mind that I have him running to 132 in the Eclipse last year, when, unlike yesterday, he had a proper pace to run into.

I was impressed that Twice Over turned the tables on Byword.

Back