July Cup

I wonder if Crackdown just drifted over that way and they all followed him. There was a fast finisher on the near side where the ground seemed better yesterday.

A bigger field in the Bunbury Cup and they might well come up the same route as yesterday.

Where will the pace come from? Reading Charlie Hills' blog on Racing UK, it seems they'll ride Equiano with a bit more restraint today. The same seems to be the case with J J The Jet Plane by all accounts.

Given the possible lack of pace and the difficulty horses held up off the pace seem to be having getting into races, I'm happy with my E/W position on Takeover Target.

I suppose you always assume there will be a decent pace in 6f races. The favourite is too short and although Paco Boy looks value at the end of the day he hasn't run over the trip since his 2yo days so I can't back him. Art Connoisseur is twice the price of JJ the Jet Plane and that looks wrong to me so Bell's charge place only is the bet for me at 4.3.

Bummer, did not back her, always do, just could not see her winning this today. :confused:

Pretty crap ride on Paco Boy I thought, race was a mess.

I've never liked the race but that just confirmed it, I'm going on holiday next year. Nearly every race has had unsavoury interference in it and that was shocking, nearly everything in behind was mullered and whilst I don't think the French rules are right, I think she should be demoted behind King's Apostle at least for that.

Fortune rode Paco Boy like he's ridden everything at this meeting, abysmally.

That just sums this shite meeting up.

It's crap isn't it. Until that i'd managed to avoid having a bet.

I'd be seething if i'd punted Paco Boy, and god help me I was tempted. Unbelievable tactics. I don't think i've backed a Hannon horse since the late 90s and that's one of the reasons.

That was some clout she gave MAIN AIM but I guess he would have been only second anyway.

Don't think the race merits G1 status anyway these days for some reason but that view only based on personal view, not anything else!

Paco couldn't keep up..no one that backed it will want to admit that though..totally outpaced

a dire selection of race for the horse..deary me

and so to the next horse dropped back in trip for a CV run

is that because he is a 7f horse who has now stretched out to a mile...then asked to go 6?

don't lets be going down the nonsense route here please

this is what normally happens

you know..when I get it wrong..the hands go up..others might like trying it for once eh?

I''ll soon be on a mods watch thing again at this rate

if I am wrong about him not being a 6f horse..then let me know

Last edited:
is that because he is a 7f horse who has now stretched out to a mile.

don't lets be going down the nonsense route here please

this is what normally happens

you know..when I get it wrong..the hands go up..others might like trying it for once eh?

I''ll soon be on a mods watch thing again at this rate

if I am wrong about him not being a 6f horse..then let me know

Where did you admit that you got it wrong about him needing to step down to 7 furlongs when he won his mile race at Ascot? Not Mourayan being better than Fame And Glory etc etc...and did anyone ask you to? Of course not, because everyone gets it wrong on here now and again and a big deal is not made of it.

You have your views, and you are more than entitled to it, but your posting a few minutes ago was the most predictable one of the year. Rather than mentioned the actual winner or placed horses....you just basically shouted out "I was right and ye all were wrong".

Last edited:
In the context of today's race, I'm not sure it does conclusively prove whether Paco Boy is effective over 6f or not tbh; he was set a nigh on impossible task coming from last on a track clearly favouring those racing prominently.

Getting back to the winner, she looks well capable of taking the Nunthorpe now. Are the Aussie's staying around for that?

Where did you admit that you got it wrong about him needing to step down to 7 furlongs when he won his mile race at Ascot? Not Mourayan being better than Fame And Glory etc etc...and did anyone ask you to? Of course not, because everyone gets it wrong on here now and again and a big deal is not made of it.

You have your views, and you are more than entitled to it, but your posting a few minutes ago was the most predictable one of the year. Rather than mentioned the actual winner or placed horses....you just basically shouted out "I was right and ye all were wrong".

no I didn't actually

I responded to nonsense about it being the jockeys fault actually...I've never read so much pocket talking..thats the end of it for me..if folk hadn't come on moaning about the jock when it were patently obvious to anyone the horse was outpaced.

end of topic for me..and at no point have I..ever got personal here..unlike you and Gareth..on about it would be boring etc.

its posts like yours above one..making assumptions about my character that are bang out of order..you know bugger all about me..but make yourself some kind of expert on what I would or would not have done...that is what the problem is here..who exactly are you to make a call on me????

I actually wasn't going to post at all on here..you either believe that or you don't..but I just hate people not being man enough to admit it was the horse not being suited to the fast pace..but would rather blame the jock.

as I say..end of it for me..I don't need people passing judgement on me all the time..it gets very tiresome.

i have admitted many times i get it wrong,,but when i put a case..i don't use personal slurs to get my point across..i make a case.

dylan thomas in the arc was a classic example of me getting it wrong..and i were the first to congratulate you on that one

if you want to invoke the mods ban again..delete this post etc..then do so..it will tell me plenty if this post disappears and that happens

Last edited:
Fair enough.

Fleeting Spirit vs Jealous Again looks pretty likely in the Nunthorpe. Godolphin mentioned in the RP today that is where they are likely to aim her.

Not sure that Paco Boy was outpaced.

The RUK presenters were very critical of the ride he was given.

to my eye Colin he never went the gallop..and if the veering hadn't taken place then the front horses would have been further ahead

i might be seeing what i want to here i will add..but it looked clearly outpaced

why would he hold it up?..he surely wanted to be near the leaders with proven stamina

Fleeting Spirit vs Jealous Again looks pretty likely in the Nunthorpe. Godolphin mentioned in the RP today that is where they are likely to aim her.

I've got my doubts about whether Suroor will be able to produce Jealous Again at the same level as Ward would have been able to. It just strikes me as a very specific kind of training.

no I didn't actually

I responded to nonsense about it being the jockeys fault actually...I've never read so much pocket talking..thats the end of it for me..if folk hadn't come on moaning about the jock when it were patently obvious to anyone the horse was outpaced.

I'd blame connections as a whole not just the jockey. It's obvious that the animals in front wouldn't be stopping to the same degree that they were in the Queen Anne so why not lay up close to the pace? PB travels through a race like a dream and was certainly not outpaced, Gladiatorious went faster at Ascot.

Getting back to the winner, she looks well capable of taking the Nunthorpe now. Are the Aussie's staying around for that?

Doubt it tbh Gal - retirement was talked about for Takeover Target earlier in the year and Morton/Arnold and Scenic Blast are only interesting in the Global Sprint Challenge which the Nunthorpe isn't a part of. Would imagine a trip back to Australia or Nakayama for the Sprinters Stakes would be on the cards for SB.

Expect JJ will stick around with De Kock having a British/European base for his horses these days :)

Back