Jumps Season Previews, Stable Visits, Horses To Follow 2016/2017

She flounces around on the gallops and says "Plouf!" every time she's asked to get a move on.

Paul Jacobs’ 10 To Follow for 2016/17

VIRGILIO (D. Skelton)
A smooth winner over the tough Warwick fences in May, trainer Dan Skelton told me: “He’s a fine prospect and a real athlete and we are looking towards the Rising Stars Chase for him (Wincanton early November) , he’s exciting.” Enough said!

OLD GUARD (P. Nicholls)
Loves Cheltenham and fences were made for him. I felt that Paul went to the well once too often with him last season. I have invested a small e/w hit on him at 33/1 for the Arkle and he has reportedly been schooling nicely.

ANTONY (G. Moore)
An inexperienced chaser, he was still very green when winning at Fontwell last week. Mark my words this is a young horse with a huge engine, he is crying out for a step up to three miles and should win a nice handicap this winter.

REIVERS LAD (N. Richards)
The Cumbrian handler has a lovely novice hurdler on his hands here and the five-year-old son of Alflora was far disgraced on his last start in a good Ayr bumper. Two and a half miles plus on winter ground will suit him perfectly.

PADDY’S FIELD (B. Pauling)
Just wasn’t strong enough to do himself justice last season, but still won a Market Rasen novice hurdle in impressive style. With another summer on his back and time to mature I know that the yard expect much better of him over fences this season.

KILCREA VALE (N. Henderson)
A lovely stamp of a horse, he was an above average novice hurdler (once regarded as a Neptune player) and once he sees a fence he could well take-off; an exciting prospect for Nicky Henderson if he stays sound.

ONENIGHTINVIENNA (P. Hobbs)
A lovely chasing sort too inexperienced to do himself justice in the Aintree National (badly hampered as well).* He is a brilliant jumper of a fence and could mature into a top class staying handicapper this term.

AURILLAC (R. Curtis)
A tall, gangly sort last year, we should see a different horse this season to the one which won a maiden hurdle during the last campaign. He will be sent chasing this year and should make his mark in staying events and is well regarded by the yard.

WISHFULL DREAMING (P. Hobbs)
A full brother to the top class Wishfull Thinking, chasing will be his sphere in time. However, I fancy we will see this exciting youngster land a nice prize over timber off what looks a lenient mark of 123. (Won a 2m H’cap Hurdle at Chepstow convincingly @ 4/1 on Oct 9).*

SUB LIEUTENANT (H De Bromhead)
Installed in his new home at Knockeen, I am going to go out on a limb and suggest this seven-year-old could be an Aintree National horse. He jumps, stays and is versatile as far as ground is concerned and has all the attributes needed to land a lung bursting chase. I’ve had a naughty poke at 150/1! (Cruised home at Limerick on Oct 9 @ 1/1f on first run for Henry de Bromhead).

Stable Tour as featured in One Jump Ahead 2016-17 by Mark Howard - Posted on Friday, September 23, 2016

Mark Howard caught up with Brian Ellison for his thoughts and insight into our team of National Hunt horses ahead of this seasons jump campaign.
As featured in Mark’s new publication, One Jump Ahead 2016/17.

Always Resolute: rated 132, he is on a fair mark
Stable Tour
ALWAYS RESOLUTE 5 b g Refuse To Bend (IRE) – Mad Annie (USA)
A winner on his hurdles debut at Catterick, he was unlucky not to follow up under a penalty when falling at the last. Eighth in the Scottish Champion Hurdle during the spring, he has improved a lot on the Flat this summer winning three times. He ran well at the Galway Festival in July and would have finished even closer with a clearer passage. We may run him in the Cesarewitch Trial at Newmarket (17th September) followed by the Cesarewitch (8th October) itself. He will then go back over hurdles and I think he will benefit from a step up to two and a half miles. Rated 132, he is on a fair mark.

Apterix: isn't short of speed
APTERIX (FR) 6 b g Day Flight – Ohe Les Aulmes (FR)
He won at Ludlow in March and wasn’t disgraced in the Swinton Hurdle at Haydock. We gave him a break following his run in the Northumberland Plate consolation at Newcastle and the plan is to send him novice chasing. A good jumper, he has the size to make a nice chaser. Two miles is his trip because he isn’t short of speed.

Ballycrystal: will go novice hurdling
BALLYCRYSTAL (IRE) 5 b g Oscar (IRE) – Musical Madam (IRE)
A winning Irish pointer we bought at the Cheltenham November Sale, he is a nice horse who won a bumper at the second time of asking at Doncaster. We then took him to Ayr’s Scottish National meeting but he disappointed. However, he choked during the race and we have subsequently operated on his wind. He will go novice hurdling over two and a half miles.

Conceptual: will start out in a bumper in the Autumn
CONCEPTUAL 3 b g Nayef (USA) – Half Glance
A Juddmonte cast off, we bought him cheaply out of Amanda Perrett’s yard at the Newmarket July Sale. Gelded since arriving, we have given him some time off during the summer. It is early days to say how much ability he possesses but the intention is for him to run in a bumper in the Autumn.

Crackdeloust: a lovely horse
CRACKDELOUST (FR) 4 b g Daramsar (FR) – Magic Rose (FR)
He is a lovely horse who we think a lot of. We bought him in France having won a bumper and he ran well to finish second on his first run for us at Haydock in November. Unfortunately, he banged a knee and missed the remainder of the season. We gave him a good holiday and often the French horses benefit from a break because they can take a while to acclimatise. He has come back in looking great and he is a brilliant jumper. He will reappear in a two mile novice hurdle because he has plenty of speed.

Definitly Red: will be aimed at the good handicap chases
DEFINITLY RED (IRE) 7 ch g Definite Article – The Red Wench (IRE)
A class horse who took well to chasing winning twice at Catterick and Ayr. He also ran some good races in defeat, including behind Cheltenham Festival winners Black Hercules and Blaklion at Warwick and Wetherby respectively. He didn’t stay in the four miler at Cheltenham before falling at the second last. We therefore dropped him back to two and a half miles at Ayr in April and he duly won in good style. I think two and a half to two miles six is probably ideal and, while he handles soft ground very well, I don’t feel he needs it, although we wouldn’t risk him on fast ground. He is a cracking horse who will be aimed at the good handicap chases.

Diamant De L'Ouest: purchased out of the Doncaster May Sale
DIAMANT DE L’OUEST (FR) 3 b g Epalo (GER) – Ortezia (FR)
Unraced, we bought him at the Doncaster May Sales this year and have given him a break during the summer. A big horse, he is an unknown quantity and we will run him in a bumper and see how he gets on.

Dominada: has been intensively schooled
DOMINADA (IRE) 4 b g Mastercraftsman (IRE) – Red Blossom (USA)
He only raced three times over hurdles, winning at Uttoxeter on his jumping bow. Second and fourth at Market Rasen and Musselburgh respectively in two subsequent runs, he didn’t jump particularly well but has been intensively schooled since. He has improved on the Flat, too, winning at Musselburgh. I think he will benefit from stepping up in trip over hurdles and he doesn’t look badly handicapped off 105 compared to his Flat rating of 80.

Eyes Of A Tiger: open to improvement
EYES OF A TIGER (IRE) 5 ch g Golan (IRE) – Backtothekingsnest (IRE)
A winner over hurdles at Clonmel in October when trained by Pat Fahy, he has raced four times for us, including when finishing second at Sedgefield in the spring. However, he is another who we found was choking and have operated on his wind. Rated 113, he will go novice handicap chasing and is open to improvement.

Five In A Row: ultimate target this season is the Scottish National
FIVE IN A ROW (IRE) 8 ch g Blueprint (IRE) – Ela Plaisir (IRE)
A lovely horse who won three times last season, including twice over fences at Musselburgh and Newcastle. A good jumper who appreciates decent ground, his ultimate target this season is the Scottish National. More immediately, we are going to aim him at the Durham National at Sedgefield (27th October).

Forest Bihan: hobdayed since last season
FOREST BIHAN (FR) 5 ch g Forestier (FR) – Katell Bihan (FR)
He was in the grip of the handicapper for much of last season and, although he ran some good races, he also disappointed us on occasions. However, we had him scoped and found he had an issue with his soft palate. He has therefore been hobdayed since last season and we are hoping that will bring about some improvement. We may give him another run over hurdles but it won’t be long before he goes chasing.

General Mahler: has undergone surgery on his wind
GENERAL MAHLER (IRE) 6 b g Mahler – High Dough (IRE)
I was very pleased to see him win the Betfred Hurdle Series Final at Sedgefield in March. Beaten on his next three starts, although he was unlucky at Ayr, we found he was choking so he is another who has undergone surgery on his wind. I don’t think he will have any trouble staying three miles this time and, like Forest Bihan, he may have another run over hurdles before going chasing. He ran in two Irish points before we bought him last November.

I Am Not Here: may go novice hurdling
I AM NOT HERE (IRE) 5 b g Amadeus Wolf – Newgate Lodge (IRE)
Bought cheaply in February, there is a possibility we will send him novice hurdling. A winner at Ayr in June and the Haydock Park Ladies’ Trophy Handicap in August, he has also been runner-up on four other occasions. Still improving, he could make a nice northern novice hurdler.

Instant Replay: looks a very nice four-year-old
INSTANT REPLAY (IRE) 4 ch g Fruits of Love (USA) – Ding Dong Belle
A lovely young horse who finished half a length second in his only Irish point for Sean Doyle in May. We bought him at the Doncaster Spring Sales less than a fortnight later and he looks a very nice four year old. He has had a holiday since arriving and will go down the bumper route.

Jac The Legend (right): jumps, gallops & stays
JAC THE LEGEND 7 b g Midnight Legend – Sky Burst
Consistent last season, he won over hurdles at Sedgefield and finished second on five occasions over fences. In fact, I think going chasing has been the making of him. He jumps and gallops and is a strong stayer. With that in mind, he is another we are going to aim at the Durham National at Sedgefield (27th October). Rated 120, he ought to remain competitive off such a mark.

Lethegoodtimesroll: problem with her knee last year
LETHEGOODTIMESROLL (IRE) 5 ch m Mahler – Little Pearl (IRE)
She won her only Irish point before we bought her at Goffs in the spring of last year. We sent her to Carlisle for a mares’ only bumper in March expecting her to go close but she hung badly throughout and was eventually pulled up. She was lame afterwards and it transpired she had a problem with one of her knees. As a result, we sent her to Newmarket to be treated and she is back now. We may give her another run in a bumper before aiming her at mares’ novice hurdles.

Mahlerdramatic: has schooled well over hurdles
MAHLERDRAMATIC (IRE) 6 br g Mahler – Image of Vermont (IRE)
He is another who had problems with his knees hence he hasn’t run since November. Back in work, he is a nice horse who won two bumpers at Market Rasen and Aintree, prior to his injury. A former pointer, he has schooled well over hurdles and I think he will be suited by two and a half miles over jumps.

Nietzsche: the key is soft ground
NIETZSCHE 3 ch g Poet’s Voice – Ganga (IRE)
We bought him out of William Haggas’ yard last Autumn and he has enjoyed a good season on the Flat this year winning three times (he has won again since time of writing). Successful at Nottingham, Beverley and Catterick over ten and twelve furlongs, he also finished fourth in the Queen Mother’s Cup at York and wasn’t disgraced in the King George V Handicap at Royal Ascot in June. We have schooled him over hurdles and he jumps well. The key to him though is the ground because he loves it soft.

Oscar Blue (left): could develop into a useful staying novice chaser
OSCAR BLUE (IRE) 6 gr g Oscar (IRE) – Blossom Rose (IRE)
Won his first couple of races over hurdles at Hexham and Kelso and, while he ran some creditable races in defeat later in the season, he wasn’t quite at his best. He was another who was choking in his races though and we have operated on his wind during the summer. I like him and I think he will develop into a useful staying novice chaser this winter.

Our Kylie: very tough
OUR KYLIE (IRE) 4 b f Jeremy (USA) – Prakara (IRE)
A tough filly who has done extremely well since joining us during the spring. She has won three times over hurdles, including at the Galway Festival in July, and she has also won over a mile and a half on the Flat at Musselburgh. She keeps improving and we will continue to mix and match between Flat and jumps. She has done nothing wrong and I hope she is open to even more improvement.

Persian Steel: a big baby last year
PERSIAN STEEL (IRE) 4 ch g Lucarno (USA) – Persian Walk (FR)
Well bred being a half-brother to Royal Shakespeare, we thought he would run well on his debut in a bumper at Catterick but he found it too soft. He had shown enough at home to suggest he would go well but couldn’t handle the conditions. Still a big baby last year, we purposely left him off after that and have let him mature. There is every chance he will run in another bumper in the Autumn.

Pistol Park: a smashing horse
PISTOL PARK (FR) 5 b g Polyglot – Pistolero (GER)
He is a smashing horse who I like a lot. Previously trained in Ireland by Alan Fleming, we bought him at the Doncaster Sales in May. We then ran him in a novice chase at Hexham the following month with a view to winning and hopefully finding an owner for him. He duly made all and won by five lengths and I have managed to sell half of him since. Brian (Hughes) rode him and felt he will be better on soft ground. It was officially good to soft that day but they had over watered so it suited him. He is a very nice horse for novice chases over two and two and a half miles. Even though his win at Hexham was gained over two miles, I don’t envisage him having any problem staying further.

Point The Way: progressive last season
POINT THE WAY (IRE) 5 br g Brian Boru – Caspian Og (IRE)
An ex-Irish pointer we purchased over a year ago, he was progressive last season winning a bumper at Hexham and scoring three times over hurdles at Sedgefield, Catterick and Market Rasen. He jumps well and is another who will be aimed at novice chases over trips around two and a half miles, although he may stay further.

Ravenhill Road: a lovely horse for the future
RAVENHILL ROAD (IRE) 5 ch g Exit To Nowhere (USA) – Zaffarella (IRE)
A fifteen lengths winner of his only Irish point for Stuart Crawford in May, we bought him soon afterwards at Doncaster and he looks a lovely horse for the future. Given a break, he has settled in well and is one to watch out for in a bumper before embarking on his hurdling career.

Rownak: another lovely youngster
ROWNAK (IRE) 3 ch g Rip Van Winkle (IRE) – Apache Dream (IRE)
A really nice unraced horse we acquired out of Marco Botti’s yard at the Newmarket July Sales. He is a half-brother to Hall of Mirrors, who was a Group 3 winner for Aidan O’Brien. Gelded since joining us, he has had a break and, all being well, we will start him off in a junior bumper in the Autumn. He is a lovely horse.

Sam's Adventure: an exciting prospect who could be anything
SAM’S ADVENTURE 4 b g Black Sam Bellamy (IRE) – My Adventure (IRE)
An exciting prospect who could be anything. Bred by Richard Johnson, he told us when we bought him at Doncaster Sales that he would need a couple of years before fully developing. Very raw initially, he took the training well and, despite still being a baby, won by nearly twenty lengths on his debut in a bumper at Wetherby in February. A month later, he followed up in the DBS Spring Sales Bumper at Newbury. What he achieved in such a short space of time was unbelievable. He has thrived during the summer, too, putting on weight. Depending on how he schools, he may have another run in a bumper. Both his wins have been gained on soft/heavy ground and I think he will always prefer some ease in the ground.

Seamour: a possibility he may go back over hurdles
SEAMOUR (IRE) 5 b g Azamour (IRE) – Chifney Rush (IRE)
Unbeaten in two runs over hurdles a couple of seasons ago, there is a possibility he will go back over jumps, if he doesn’t prove top class on the Flat. Unlucky not to win the Northumberland Plate at Newcastle in June, he hit the front too soon and got collared close home. Disappointing at York the following month in a Listed event, the race developed into a three furlongs sprint and it didn’t suit him. However, he ran well in the Ebor in August finishing fifth. If we do decide to go back over hurdles, he looks well handicapped off 131.

Shearling: very well bred
SHEARLING 3 b f Rail Link – Casual
Another unraced three year old we bought at the Newmarket July Sales. Previously in training with Roger Charlton and a Juddmonte cast-off, she is very well bred being a half-sister to Harlem, who was a Listed winner and runner-up at Group 2 level for Andre Fabre. She is a gorgeous filly who we put out in the paddock during the summer. A junior bumper is on her agenda. I like her a lot.

Smart Talk: could be anything
SMART TALK (IRE) 6 b m Hubbly Bubbly (USA) – Belon Breeze (IRE)
She is a brilliant mare who has grown again during the summer. A winning Irish point-to-pointer, I always thought she was useful and she developed into a high-class mare over hurdles last winter. A four times winner, including Listed and Grade 2 mares’ hurdles at Haydock and Doncaster respectively, I should have run her in the two and a half miles race at Cheltenham in March. She is a massive mare and will go chasing this time. There is a good programme for mares’ novice chasers and she jumps very well. Quick enough for two miles, she also stays two and a half miles. She could be anything over fences.

Stipulate: has a lot of ability
STIPULATE 7 b g Dansili – Indication
A dual Listed winner, he was a smart horse in his younger days for Sir Henry Cecil before going to race in Australia. He had his first run for us in the Lincoln at Doncaster in the spring before running two good races within five days at the Galway Festival in July. Sixth over ten furlongs at York’s Ebor meeting, there is every chance we will send him jumping. I think he will stay two miles because he relaxes during his races. Rated 100 on the Flat, he has a lot of ability.

Suitor: isn't short of speed
SUITOR 4 ch g Dutch Art – Entreat
Bought out of Richard Hannon’s yard over a year ago, he won over ten furlongs at Newcastle in June before we took him to Ireland for the Ladies Derby at the Curragh. The ground may not have suited him there because he is better than he showed that day. He could be an interesting one for two mile novice hurdles because he isn’t short of speed.

The Grey Taylor: hopefully can bounce back this season
THE GREY TAYLOR (IRE) 7 gr g Royal Anthem (USA) – Penny Tan (IRE)
We operated on his wind over a year ago and, while he won over fences at Carlisle and ran well at the likes of Wetherby and Doncaster, he was still struggling with his breathing and choked. Well held on his final two runs, we sent him to Edinburgh to get his wind done again. He has therefore had a tie-forward operation and hopefully he will bounce back because we know he is a good horse when at his best. Two miles is his trip.

Tickerty Boo: has grown a lot during the summer
TICKERTY BOO (IRE) 4 b f Tikkanen (USA) – La Fille D’Or (IRE)
A nice unraced filly we bought at the Cheltenham November Sale last year. She was backward when arriving but has grown a lot during the summer and I have been pleased with her. We will see what she is capable of in a mares’ bumper later this year.

Tomngerry: has enjoyed a long holiday and looks well for it
TOMNGERRY (IRE) 6 b g Craigsteel – Lady Vic (IRE)
He won his only Irish point for Liz Doyle in October before we bought him at the Cheltenham sales the following month. He has proved a good buy winning four of his five races, including over hurdles at Wetherby and Newcastle. Pulled up in a Grade 1 at Aintree on his final start, it was a race too many and we have given him a long holiday since. He is working well again now and we are looking forward to running him over fences this season. We will start him off over two and a half miles but three miles shouldn’t be an issue later on. All being well, he will make a useful novice chaser.

Totalize: going novice chasing
TOTALIZE 7 b g Authorised (IRE) – You Too
He has been a grand horse for us over the years and I have been very pleased with him during the summer. A winner at Market Rasen in July, he was then narrowly beaten a fortnight later at the Galway Festival running a blinder. Freshened up since, we are going to send him novice chasing in September/October. I think two and a half miles is his optimum trip.

Viens Chercher: two miles appears to suit him
VIENS CHERCHER (IRE) 5 b g Milan – La Zingarella (IRE)
Previously trained by Guillaume Macaire in France, he started the season with victories over hurdles at Sedgefield and Market Rasen and ran well in a Listed novice at Haydock. We decided to give him a break following his run at Musselburgh in February because he had been on the go for a while. He has already run over fences in France but remains a novice and that is very much the plan this season. Two miles appears to suit him.

Zaidiyn: ideally he wants a strongly-run two miles
ZAIDIYN (FR) 6 b g Zamindar (USA) – Zainta (IRE)
A horse with a lot of ability as he demonstrated when winning easily at Newcastle in March. We then ran him in the Scottish Champion Hurdle at Ayr but they went no pace and it didn’t suit him. Ideally, he wants a strongly run two miles. A faller two out on his chasing debut at Market Rasen last Autumn, he is a good jumper but loses concentration and is inclined to kick the odd hurdle out of the ground. Still a bit of a playboy, he is talented and I would say we will try him over fences again

Paul Ferguson 10 to follow

Altior (Nicky Henderson)
Unbeaten in five starts over hurdles, culminating in taking the Supreme Novice Hurlde at Cheltenham. Connections must decide if it's the Champion Hurdle route or send this son of High Shaparral over fences, I think the latter. The 6yo looks a chaser in waiting and could end up a serious contender for the Arkle Trophy, a race Nicky Henderson has won on five occasions.

Ballyhandy (NTD)
The Champion Bumper winner looks sure to take high rank in the novice hurdle division and should be expected to return to the festival next March. Quick enough over 2m, likely to step up in trip and could be aimed st the Neptune Investment Management Novice Hurdle, a race NTD has won three times, with Galestorm, Fundamentalist and The New One.

The winner of four bumpers, the Kayf Tara gelding is versatile in terms of ground and given how his stable tend to hit the ground running, he might be out fairly early.

Betameche (Dan Skelton)
Dan has plenty of exciting youngsters to look forward to and Betameche must be high up the pecking order, having impressed in winning bumpers at Newcastle and Wetherby.

To date the Kapgarde 5yo has raced exclusively on testing ground, but is bred to handle quicker conditions and looks a lively long term prospect.

Cloudy Dream (Malcolm Jefferson)
Twice a winner in bumpers, Cloudy was beaten on debut over hurdles, after which he never looked back. A smooth winner at Doncaster, the 6yo made a successful handicap debut at Market Rasen before rattling home to finish runner up in the Scottish Champion Hurdle.

The grey has more to offer and is expected to head over fences on his return. He should get 2m4f once learning to settle and ought to be difficult to beat in northern chases. If continues to progress he could make into a Cheltenham or Aintree contender next spring.

Debece (Tim Vaughan)
Kept on the go last term, running away at Market Rasen to win by 19l. Kept on the go, he made a successful hurdles debut in May, again impressing at how he powered clear in the closing stages. This half brother to Don Poli should improve once going up in trip and should make a mark in better company.

Jenkins (Nicky Henderson)
A hugely impressive winner at Newbury in April, Jenkins was sent off odds on to land the Goffs Land Rover Bumper at the Punchestown Festival, where he went down by half a length. The 4yo has plenty of pace, looks capable of making a smart 2m novice hurdler season.

Mr Big Shot (David Pipe)
Just four days after enjoying Cheltenham Festival success courtesy of Un Temps Pour Tout, David Pipe and Caroline Tisdall saw their debutant Mr Big Shot win the bumper at Uttoxeter on Midlands Grand National day.

A big son of Flemensfirth found his stride in the final quarter mile, eventually winning by 8l in what looked a decent event . A lovely long term prospect, who will in time be a 3m chaser, he should be capable of making his presence felt in the staying novice hurdle division.

Pride of Lecale (Fergal OBrien)
The multiplex 5yo travelled well when runner up on his first two starts under rules and the former winning Irish p2p got off the mark in impressive fashion at Chepstow in February.

Fergana O'Briens charge is another future chaser, but should certainly be capable of winning races over hurdles beforehand and should relish an extra half mile, once sent over timber.

Western Cape (Seamus Mullins)
An 8l winner of a Southwell bumper on debut, Western Cape g off the mark at he second time of asking over hurdles, when springing a 33-1 shock at Ascot. He travelled powerfully on both occasions and ran a similar race when runner up to Duke Des Champs (back at Ascot).

The 5yo looks one to follow in handicap hurdles off a current mark of 128. Chasing is also an option, but he had more to offer over the smaller obstacles.

Yanworth (Alan King)
Despite losing his 100% record over hurdles in the Neptune, Yanworth remains a top class prospect for graded hurdles, plenty of opportunities given his ability to handle testing ground. A stunning winner at Cheltenham on trials day, the 6yo might start in the Coral Ascot Hurdle in November, after which the Relkeel Hurdle would be an option.

Probably capable of winning over shorter, he might develop into a World Hurlde contender. I'd certainly be disappointed if he couldn't land a couple of valuable races at some stage in the season

Last edited:
Preview evening of the NH season at the Knightsbrook Hotel in Trim, Co Meath on Thurs Nov 3rd at 7PM, entry is free

Panellists include Gordon Elliott, Barry Geraghty, Paul Carberry, Noel Meade and two or three others tba

Racing is at Thurles that day if it's relevant

There's one of these spoof Twitter accounts

https://twitter.com/RealDouvan which is quite funny, recent examples

"I was sure I seen one of those Clowns on the Gallops earlier, dressed all odd & acting deranged...my bad, it was Rich Ricci"

"Big Sam lasted longer than Don Poli did in the gold cup tho"

"Blimey!! Vatour had a gallop earlier, I reckon he's had the summer in KFC!!"

Last edited:
Some highlights from Jessica Harrington's Stable

Don't Touch It - Looks very well and goes 2m chasing. Always thought he was a good horse. Winter good ground would be his preference

Forge Meadow - She is very exciting. Straight over hurdles - ultimate aim the mares hurdle at Cheltenham.

High Tail it - Smashing big horse by Milan. Could be a very nice youngster

Jett - Has streghtened up and will go chasing over 2m 4f -He is very big and will jump fences better than hurdles.He was weak at 4 and 5 but has filled out

Jezki - He looks super and is doing plenty of slow work - world hurdle route - Leopardstwon, Cheltenham, Aintree and Punch

Someday - Is a lovely horse. Try to win a bumper over 2m and hurdling over 2m 4f - he could be evry exciting

New to This town - Picked up an injury in the champ bumper - He has gotten a lot stronger and will be going hurdling, he has great potential and and is nearly 17hh. Smashing chaser in time

Our Duke - Had hsi wind done and goes novice chasing over 2m 4f

Sizing John - Getting to know him. Start at christmas or the Hilly Way. Try and avoid Douvan

Sunni may - Cant wait to go hurdling with him.Had a wind op nad he has had lots of time. Out soon

Woodland Opera - Had a wind op and will improve for fences

Fantastic thread this. Kicking myself for not reading it sooner as noticed there has been an 11/1 winner from it. Antony from Toffee's posts on Paul Jacobs ten to follow.

Keep up the good work gents.

Bought as a store from same yard as Capitaine - please them in a gallop with some of the better horses last spring and is a 'lovely individual'

I noticed something the other day when there, this horse was in the box formerly occupied by Kauto Star, a box from where anyone in the office can keep watch on him. Yards tend to do this with their best horses when the layout suits.

I noticed something the other day when there, this horse was in the box formerly occupied by Kauto Star, a box from where anyone in the office can keep watch on him. Yards tend to do this with their best horses when the layout suits.

He mentioned it in the tour, said it was not something to read into and the horse needed an airy box

Mmm...

Fair to say the box is quite a bit bigger than a normal box, being part of the old dairy there. If I remember correctly Denman's box next door was big as well. Didn't go too close as the b@stard used to bite :lol:

Will be interesting to see if he's still in it next time.

From the PFN tour, I took the following

He has a few young flat bred horses for hurdles

Plenty of young French horses for bumpers and fencing next year

Politologue and Ibis Du Rheu are the best of his immediate jumpers for the season ahead

And he has a few old timers that he would like to win another good race with

Back