King George 2009

Oxx won't take any more chances with STS over 12F...does not need to really as the 10F races are there for the taking.. given fast ground.

That would be my read of it Powerscourt. If O'Brien wants to take STS on again, then he'll have to do it on Oxx's terms, and given that there's an apparent preference for going, and possibly trip, it means the only way that this can happen is for O'Brien to make the concessions, and even then he's unlikely to have the ammunition, as you could only really see F&G having a chance, although running MCM at 10F's must be appealing in an attempt to flush STS out.

Mind you, I'd still love to see STS take his chance in the Leger!!!! (uncurable romantic). If he is provoked to run at 12F's plus again, with the most credible opposition being routed round Doncaster, I can't help but feel it would be one of the easier assignements open to him. If Oxx believes that the Derby wasn't run to suit STS either and that he wanted to go faster earlier, you've got to assume that he's pretty well convinced that 12F's is no problem? which with F&G going the Arc route would leave what for the Leger?

USA's best 3 year old is a gelding and he cant beat the best filly of same age group.

BC Classic could be a 1-2-3 for the Euros (maybe even all Irish Trained)

Sea The Stars - Rip Van Winkle - Mastercraftsman?

on the KG, I was rather disappointed in Conduit, expected better, but looked like he was beaten by 2 quality animals. He should win this.

If Europe goes 1-2-3 in the Classic it will be the last time we see it run on a synthetic track whilst there are traditional "dirt" tracks around.

Ladbrokes:

Conduit 5/2
Golden Sword 5/1
Tartan Bearer 6/1
Youmzain 6/1
Look Here 8/1
Ask 10/1
Cima De Triomphe 14/1
Duncan 12/1
Masterofthehorse 20/1
25/1 bar

Much rather Tartan Bearer at 6/1 than Conduit at 5/2.

Remaining entries...

Ask
Campanologist (USA)
Cima de Triomphe (IRE)
Conduit (IRE)
Dansant
Doctor Fremantle
Duncan
Frozen Fire (GER)
It's Gino (GER)
Scintillo
Tartan Bearer (IRE)
Youmzain (IRE)
Look Here
Alwaary (USA)
Black Bear Island (IRE)
Freemantle
Golden Sword
Masterofthehorse (IRE)
Rockhampton (IRE)
Sea The Stars (IRE)

Last edited:
Ladbrokes:

Conduit 5/2
Golden Sword 5/1
Tartan Bearer 6/1
Youmzain 6/1
Look Here 8/1
Ask 10/1
Cima De Triomphe 14/1
Duncan 12/1
Masterofthehorse 20/1
25/1 bar

Much rather Tartan Bearer at 6/1 than Conduit at 5/2.

I’m a fan of TB too but was just a little disappointed with him at Ascot, while Conduit can be expected to come on from the Eclipse and the step up in trip.
Anyone fancy Look Here? Duncan’s price could well be smaller later today.

I’m a fan of TB too but was just a little disappointed with him at Ascot, while Conduit can be expected to come on from the Eclipse and the step up in trip.

Is TB going for this? He looks very weak on Betfair's market.

I had a few pennies on Duncan at 55, and think anything above 20s is worth a bet. The worry in backing him though is Bronze Cannon the Gosden horse for the KG (not that he has to only run one, of course!)?

I had a few pennies on Duncan at 55, and think anything above 20s is worth a bet. The worry in backing him though is Bronze Cannon the Gosden horse for the KG (not that he has to only run one, of course!)?

After Duncan's antics today Bronze Cannon has to have the vote over that one.

If they go a good gallop on fast ground Look Here could well go very close.

totally agee

I find it odd that the Derby has been so crabbed due to pace..but LH's two runs this year have also taken place in similar pace races but she is finished apparently listening to some punters

She needs end to end gallop..like F&G..

Back