King George 2009

Not sure which is the bigger news...

Sea The Stars is confirmed a NR in the King George or Youmzain is to wear a first time visor!

Not sure which is the bigger news...

Sea The Stars is confirmed a NR in the King George or Youmzain is to wear a first time visor!

Not sure if the word big should feature here. The first bit of news was to be expected (did anyone really think STS was running here rather than York).

The latter may be news, but he'll still managed to be "unlucky" whatever he's wearing.

Look Here has been confirmed as on target to line up.

AOB has Frozen Fire, plus three-year-olds Black Bear Island, Freemantle, Golden Sword, Masterofthehorse and Rockhampton still in, while Stoute still has four, Ask, Conduit, Doctor Fremantle and Tartan Bearer.

Last edited:
I think Tarten Bearer will be a good price on the day given that Moore will probably choose Conduit.

Presumably Conduit is fairly definite. Whether he'll run all four I've no idea. Probably best to leave TB until the day.

Last edited:
Look Here has been confirmed as on target to line up.

AOB has Frozen Fire, plus three-year-olds Black Bear Island, Freemantle, Golden Sword, Masterofthehorse and Rockhampton still in, while Stoute still has four, Ask, Conduit, Doctor Fremantle and Tartan Bearer.

Seven pacemakers - should be a really fast race.

I don't think any Youmzain supporter has claimed he has been unlucky in King George.

I would also say that if he gets placed in the Arc for the third straight year he would deserve a lot of credit.

I don't think any Youmzain supporter has claimed he has been unlucky in King George.

I would also say that if he gets placed in the Arc for the third straight year he would deserve a lot of credit.

The word "unlucky" has cropped up more times against Youmzain than in the Bible Code. He's a good horse but needs to be able to make his own luck.

The word "unlucky" has cropped up more times against Youmzain than in the Bible Code. He's a good horse but needs to be able to make his own luck.

The word shitebag has been used more against Youmzain than it ever appeared in the Bible.

The word shitebag has been used more against Youmzain than it ever appeared in the Bible.

...That’s hardly surprising, but when its been used more frequently with Youmzain than in Colostomy Weekly you start to worry…

Last edited:
I've taken a little of the 11.5 on Betfair on Look Here and will top up more soon. As it's hard to know which of the Stoute runners will line up, i find it easier to concentrate on others ... she will stay every yard, and hopefully there will be a good strong pace on which she thrives. She's very lightly raced, and still open to improvement. I also think they made a massive error running her over 10f last time out, as she needs 12f, which is clear from both watching her races, and also the fact she is by Hernando out of a Rainbow Quest mare.

Whilst lacking a superstar, and a decent 3 year old, it is still shaping up to have mayn decent older horses capable of running in the mid 120s (Youmzain, Tartan Bearer, Conduit, Ask, Look Here).

I'd prefer Masterofthehorse definitely - depends how much you read into the tipping line horse Chroniclandlord ie. are the other two doubtful starters?

What will they do with Masterofthehorse this season? I thought the KG would have been ideal, even though I wouldn't fancy him to necessarily win it.

Would imagine something like the Gordon Stakes for Masterofthehorse Hamm. O'Brien originally said he'd be splitting his 3yos between the Eclipse, Grand Prix De Paris and King George.

After the Irish Derby I'd guess they'll want to try him in something like the Gordon and/or Voltigeur and see how he goes.

Back