King George (Ascot)

I think Coolmore will enter the best three year old they have in the KG ...they really want to expose Stoute's horse

Never Forget according to reports is heading to the Vermeille Sheikh as there's not really anything for her until then, would be interesting to see a re-match with Shamanova who was third yesterday but had beaten her earlier this month at Longchamp but with Sarafina, Rosanara etc. I doubt that's likely to happen - likely be plenty of later maturing Aga Khan 3yos coming out too, Daryakana for instance didn't debut until July of her 3yo career and Ashalanda was used as a pacemaker in the Mailleret for a better fancied stablemate though won the race under an exceptional ride from an unheard of apprentice. There's a nice piece on her and Westerner in the RP today - her damsire is Pistolet Bleu (sire of Geos, Katarino, Sizing Europe and Snap Tie over jumps and Maille Pistol on the flat) whilst her second dam is El Quihrah (by Cadoudal - another jumping influence). Westerner also sired a 6f winner yesterday with Western Switch winning a maiden at Aix-Les-Bains.

Never Forget according to reports is heading to the Vermeille Sheikh as there's not really anything for her until then, would be interesting to see a re-match with Shamanova who was third yesterday but had beaten her earlier this month at Longchamp but with Sarafina, Rosanara etc. I doubt that's likely to happen - likely be plenty of later maturing Aga Khan 3yos coming out too, Daryakana for instance didn't debut until July of her 3yo career and Ashalanda was used as a pacemaker in the Mailleret for a better fancied stablemate though won the race under an exceptional ride from an unheard of apprentice. There's a nice piece on her and Westerner in the RP today - her damsire is Pistolet Bleu (sire of Geos, Katarino, Sizing Europe and Snap Tie over jumps and Maille Pistol on the flat) whilst her second dam is El Quihrah (by Cadoudal - another jumping influence). Westerner also sired a 6f winner yesterday with Western Switch winning a maiden at Aix-Les-Bains.

Thanks for that , Westerner was a smasher himself, could be value at 5k for the flat boys. Thought NF stole it a bit yesterday. 'Estimate' another one of his with a staying pedigree is operating affectively around a mile too.

Possibly not Gal but she's a much better horse going right-handed and coming off a strong pace as she showed in Hong Kong when beating Spanish Moon and Youmzain amongst others - she's most certainly good enough to run in the race and hasn't had the races run to suit in France this season IMO.

I'd be more than happy to take the 16/1 which is available now if she turns up on the day and whilst Workforce looks a tough nut to crack and Harbinger is undoubtedly very talented outside of those you're left with a bunch of 122-125 horses into which Daryakana undoubtedly fits.

Yeah it was a very good ride from the front and he's showing promise as a sire of jumpers too.

Katkovana won the fillies division of the listed Prix Wild Monarch 3yo Hurdle at Auteuil and then went on to finish third to Tanais Du Chenet in the listed Prix Sagan last week (the Wild Monarch is over 1m 7f and the Sagan over 2m 2f).

Incidentally Never Forget's half brother Code Rouge (Peintre Celebre) won a hurdle race at Compeigne whilst her sister She Hates Me (Hawk Wing) ran a couple of respectable races at decent tracks over hurdles also.

Daryakana still a possible for the King George - the likely faster pace in the race will definitely be in her favour :)

As it will be in Youmzain's favour too !

This is shaping up to be much the best KG in years probably since the Galileo-Fantastic Light clash of 2001.

Workforce, Harbinger, Dar Re Mi, Cape Blanco , Youmzain and Daryakana would be a terrific Arc like line up.

Thanks for that , Westerner was a smasher himself, could be value at 5k for the flat boys. Thought NF stole it a bit yesterday. 'Estimate' another one of his with a staying pedigree is operating affectively around a mile too.

Looking at the results of the Tatts derby sale, it surprises me the number of unbroken unamed 3yos by Westerner out there. Granted, some are out of out and out NH mares, but surely some of the others would be worth a spin on the flat to see what they are capable of and then go over the sticks.

Yes he is going back to Ascot - he ran well enough behind Dylan Thomas and was out of sorts behind Duke of Marmelade.

This year he may have the chance of getting the pace he needs to run into a place .

Looking at the results of the Tatts derby sale, it surprises me the number of unbroken unamed 3yos by Westerner out there. Granted, some are out of out and out NH mares, but surely some of the others would be worth a spin on the flat to see what they are capable of and then go over the sticks.

Charlie Swan got one that you'd imagine will have gears.

Lee Mottershead is a twat. Just watched the RPTV review of last week's July meeting and his basic view on the King George after the franking Harbinger's form has taken over the last week or so is that Workforce will muller him because that's what they think in the stable. Clueless tosser.

Last edited:
Back