King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes 2022

Looking at the KGQE field it is far from exciting.

Can only hope Emily Upjohn is allowed to take her chance because if not it could be a walk in the park for Desert Crown.

Sad really a top class event and we can't put 5 competetive horses together with decent chances

The Oaks was a fluke. Run it again and EU would win a minute and by some way.
She getsa stone from Mishriff which has to put her in witha shout.

I'm not a Mishriff fan and feel Vadeni underperformed on that very fast gound and flattered him.

Torquato Tassor has no chance I wouldn't back him with bad money.

Westover had an easy task I think he's way too short for this.

Desert Crown has only run 3 times in his life and could easily improve 7lbs
In fact I'd expect him too.

If you haven't backed him already someone will go evens at some point....IMO have the kitchen sink on he looks a steering job.

Selection: Desert Crown

Danger: Emily Upjohn

Last edited:
Baadeed wouldn't get the trip IMO Vadeni has tremendous toe I'd have to go with him
Not entered. Hardly likely to be, considering they're swerving the Arc on stamina grounds.
Euro has it right imo. Desert Crown too speedy for them.

Last edited:
I think I was talking about the Eclipse Reet in response to DO saying Baaeed would be suited by 10F........Vadeni never was being considerd for the King George and neither was Baaeed.

I made it quite clear 4 posts back what I think

Last edited:
I think I was talking about the Eclipse Reet in response to DO saying Baaeed would be suited by 10F........Vadeni never was being considerd for the King George and neither was Baaeed.

I made it quite clear 4 posts back what I think
And I should have the patience to read through the thread, to see what you're talking about? :)

Last edited:
Are they running bad? - the two I remember from the last week are Just Fine who was sort of placed in the Magnet Cup (bad ride) and Swoon at Ascot who found her way into my tracker.

Thankfully I for one haven't had a bet on DC..I hope none of you have.

I find it sickening and shocking however that every bookie in the country knew there was a problem
pushed the horse out in the betting but not one so called journalist even mentioned it untill now.

You can bet your a$$ the bookies knew he is doubtful but still took bets.

Hope for the sake of anyone who has backed him he runs

Last edited:
Desert Crown has been ruled out of next week’s King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Qipco Stakes at Ascot.

Looks like there are travel issues re Emily Upjohn getting to Ireland so she's being re-routed to this. I've taken 3s

I have a nice position on him for the Juddmonte so don't really want him to run. If he does I think he gets outstayed like last year.

Back