Having said that you shouldn't change a winning team i suppose:D

6 declared

Westover
Emily Upjohn
Mishriff
Pyledriver
Torqator Tasso
Broome

Pace should come from Pyledriver, Westover to sit 2nd kick on 3f out, stays on and wins

Simple innit:D

Terrible turnout for such a prestigious race.

Best thing for racing would be if Westover won and goes on to bigger and better things.

Ha John Gosden confirmed Misshriff yet....bloddy well should have one way or the other if not.

Other than that I have no take in the race and won't have a bet

6 declared

Westover
Emily Upjohn
Mishriff
Pyledriver
Torqator Tasso
Broome

Pace should come from Pyledriver, Westover to sit 2nd kick on 3f out, stays on and wins

Simple innit:D
Broome made all; same C/D & likely same ground Saturday & likes a battle.

Westover getting 11lb, filly getting a stone

WFA & WFA + gender.

Means nothing. Ability is what counts.

Westover's OR is 120 but his age is not part of the calculation. If it was he'd be rated 109 and nobody would be saying he's a good thing.

(Even if he is.)

Can't say I blame Gosden for running Mishriff the fillies for doesn't look great at all..time will tell

Bit off the subject but more garbage from the Racing Post Re the Juddmonte

From the Racing Post Baaeed, who runs in the blue and white of Shadwell, has yet to race beyond a mile, but has been compared to Frankel by many with Haggas making similar comparisons.

Baaeed 128 is being compared to Frankel 140..........in a pigs eye he is and by who??? Haggas? He's only doing his job and trying to sell the idea ot owners and breeders

Last edited:
What WH actually said was "He hasn't much to prove at a mile and his pedigree smacks of further – he relaxes so well," said Haggas. "He's uncomplicated with a great mind and a good turn of foot. I'd love to see him run at York.

i.e.: he's likely to follow the Frankel path.

The full quote according to SL

“I don’t think Baaeed has much to prove but his pedigree smacks of further. He relaxes so well, he has a great mind, and I would love to see him over further at York in Juddmonte International. I remember so vividly when Frankel won that race, it was like a piece of work for him. Anyone who was there, it made your hairs stand up because he was imperious. I hope that Baaeed would be able to travel as strongly and then be able to use his turn of foot. I am very keen to have a go.
“We are just starting to say amongst ourselves in the yard that we need to prepare for life after him – which I know sounds a bit pathetic – because he won’t be around for us to enjoy next year. Finding another one is the target.”

Last edited:
Aye, Frankel's 1st run at 10f was unsurprisingly at a relatively easy York, and Baaeed looks to emulate him.
Was unsure about him after Ascot, but WH is clearly a better judge than I am.

Not sure it's easy. It's an extended 10f after all and the Juddmonte has a lot of 12f animals on it's list of winners.

The Queen Anne form is redhot, I think Baaeed is a mid 130s horse.

Last edited:
Not sure it's easy. It's an extended 10f after all and the Juddmonte has a lot of 12f animals on it's list of winners.

The Queen Anne form is redhot, I think Baaeed is a mid 130s horse.
Aye, you say the same every time, but it remains a flat, fair track, and a lesser test than relative all-age 10f gp1's at such as Ascot, Sandown or the Curragh.

It's not a lesser test than the POW and the Eclipse. Lord North only just gets 10f and his worst run on decent ground the year he won the Prince of Wales was when he was comfortably outstayed in the Juddmonte.

Henry Cecil clearly thought so, as does Wm Haggas - both planned the York race for their first try at the trip.

It's not a lesser test than the POW and the Eclipse. Lord North only just gets 10f and his worst run on decent ground the year he won the Prince of Wales was when he was comfortably outstayed in the Juddmonte.

Old Raceform standard times:

Ascot 10f: 2m 5.3s
Sandown 10f: 2m 6.7s
York 10.4f: 2m 8.5s

Cf
Chester 10.4f: 2m 8.7s*
Doncaster 10.3f: 2m 7.4s
Haydock 10.55f: 2m 10.6s
Pontefract 10: 2m 8.9s

This would suggest the Juddmonte trip is a proper 10f test.

*I would argue Chester is slow because they're constantly on the turn and never getting into full stride for any more than 1.5f.

Last edited:
Baaeed's best performance was when he beat Palace Pier but Lady Bowthorpe finishing a close 3rd creates alittle doubt in my mind. Was Palace Pier at his best?

His 2 wins over Real World doesn't entitle him to be mentioned in the same breath as Frankel imo.

Compare what he has beaten in his last 2 runs to horses like Vadeni, Desert Crown and Mishriff on possible good ground and you got a totally different ball game.

I could end up with egg on my face but I see Baaeed as an over-inflated bubble that will be bust before the end of the season....Taking it he runs in the Sussex, The Juddmonte and the Champion Stakes.
I honestly think they will call it a day and not run in all 3.

Last edited:
His 2 wins over Real World doesn't entitle him to be mentioned in the same breath as Frankel imo.

Stop being so triggered. The Frankel comparisons are only in regard to having the same programme as a 4yo.

A line of form through Order of Australia suggests Baaeed most recent performance was his best (so far).

Last edited:
Baaeed's best performance was when he beat Palace Pier but Lady Bowthorpe finishing a close 3rd creates alittle doubt in my mind. Was Palace Pier at his best?

Compare what he has beaten in his last 2 runs to horses like Vadeni, Desert Crown and Mishriff on possible good ground and you got a totally different ball game.

I could end up with egg on my face but I see Baaeed as an over-inflated bubble that will be bust before the end of the season....Taking it he runs in the Sussex, The Juddmonte and the Champion Stakes.
I honestly think they will call it a day and not run in all 3.
I though that way for a while too Fist, but Wm Haggas would know a good horse when he has one, and he clearly thinks Baaeed is out of the very top drawer.

Really disappointing turn out for one of the races of the flat season.

People want to know why attendances down: Ascot charging £20 to park and asking annual members to pay an extra £10 to get into the area they can usually get into with their annual members badges. A friend has told them where to shove their £10 and won't be renewing his annual membership when it expires , £350 before covid, access all areas, £800 post covid, or £400 but not access all areas ie upstairs viewing but also the 'premium' area for this meeting apparently.

Really disappointing turn out for one of the races of the flat season.

People want to know why attendances down: Ascot charging £20 to park and asking annual members to pay an extra £10 to get into the area they can usually get into with their annual members badges. A friend has told them where to shove their £10 and won't be renewing his annual membership when it expires , £350 before covid, access all areas, £800 post covid, or £400 but not access all areas ie upstairs viewing but also the 'premium' area for this meeting apparently.

Parking is £25 on car park 1, tenner on car park 5

I'm going Saturday, ticket was £30

A wee bit of advice...

This evening I tried to back Broome 1/5 odds 3 places with PP, which is what was coming up via the RP site betting facility on the card. Because it was PP and I'd had previous issues with them re extra places, I decided to check my PP account directly. It was showing 1/4 odds, 2 places.

Fortunately I was able to take a screenshot of the original bet receipt and contact PP Support. Eventually I was told it was 1/4 odds, 2 places and there was nothing they could do about it - the reason they gave was that it was an ante-post bet - but I copied them the screenshot and they have escalated it to their traders. They said I'll get a reply by email in due course.

I'm not holding my breath for a good result but we'll see.

Btw, I'm not suggesting Broome will win but 20/1 is too big and the [phantom?] third place was the clincher for having a bet.

If Mishriff is 7/2 on the day, that will be a bet and a half.

Back