King George VI Chase

Jaysus tanlic you really have got your knickers in a twist over a harmless quote given in reply to a specific question.

Oh and can you point out where exactly Ruby said that Thistlecrack would win???

The more I'm looking at this race the more I'm thinking this is the play. Back Thistlecrack GC and SH at 7/2 and 6/1 respectively. He wins he's evens for GC he loses or falls he goes back to SH he's 2/1. The actual race back CC at 6/4 he loses well it's unlikely to be others who beat him bar TC. If CC wins you'll have won on race have hedged the TC GC bet and have a nice antepost SH slip at 6/1.

The big danger is the double blow out but in that case TC goes SH.

Anyone show me where I'm thinking this wrong?

Thistlecrack gets within 10L of Cue Card and he'd still go Gold Cup route with him likely to benefit from that track & trip.

The more I'm looking at this race the more I'm thinking this is the play. Back Thistlecrack GC and SH at 7/2 and 6/1 respectively. He wins he's evens for GC he loses or falls he goes back to SH he's 2/1. The actual race back CC at 6/4 he loses well it's unlikely to be others who beat him bar TC. If CC wins you'll have won on race have hedged the TC GC bet and have a nice antepost SH slip at 6/1.

The big danger is the double blow out but in that case TC goes SH.

Anyone show me where I'm thinking this wrong?
Double cue card at 6/4 for the king George and thistlecrack for the world hurdle at 6/1. Related liabilities surely??

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

SP's not suggesting a doubles he's talking singles. However I did suggest a Cue Card Thistlecrack double on page 6 but I really don't see why it could be called a related liability but some bookies might see it that way (any excuse to drop prices) . Let's say Thistlecrack gets beat 3 lengths eg you can bet they will convince themselves he'll reverse the places at Cheltenham. I would imagine they have taking more than a few AP mixed bets with those horses and prices among them.

No complaints........genuine class effort......form probably not all that great, but theperformance was majestic.

Hard to see him beaten in the Gold Cup if he jumps round.

Fantastic performance, jumped great (bar the last - Majestic? He just let him climb over it!) and looked like he had more if needed. The real deal, I hope Don Cossack makes it to the Gold Cup so they can properly settle the best 3m chaser around.

powerful. always the word that comes to mind watching that horse. what he did today didn't surprise me all that much.

his jumping would still be the worry if you wanted to pile in at around evens for the gold cup. majestic at times but a bit too bold.

He was mighty impressive after putting the brakes on at a couple of early fences but the Channel 4 hyperbole machine had me reaching for the sick bucket . Persad even suggesting that was better than Kauto what a prick he is .It was I think a pretty weak field .

I did not like Cue Card's high head carriage again and Tizzard had a point in suggesting he got involved too early as he did at Wetherby . I wonder if the old boy is not quite as good as he was especially on good ground . The other three especially Silviniaco Conti were much too close to Cue Card for comfort . Such a shame Vautour was lost he would have told us so much more .

It is very rare to have such a small field for the KG look at the numbers of horses that have cracked in the bustle of that race when a biggish field - that made it much less of a test than usual .

If Coneygree comes back from working poorly and goes off in front that will be a proper test as will be Gold Cup pace generally .

He deserves to be favourite and he does have an extraordinary engine but I would not want to back a novice for the GC and certainly not at 5-4

People still doubting him. He's the real deal. Even 5/4 will look like stealing money come March.

Wonder who they will rate the race through?

It was a 5 runner race, would expect the GC will have at least 12.

Anyone backing against the Jolly can keep that in mind

I was expecting Tom Scu to be a little more conservative but Tom does not do that.
At least he had a horse to match his ambition today.
Some performance by a novice, by any horse .
He might not improve too much more but does he need to ??

That was excellent to watch and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Finding something to beat him this season is going to be near on impossible.

That said Cue Card it would appear has run no sort of race at all

Thistlecrack has not been extended here the time tells you that.

.50sec fast the KS .20 slow but Might bite was 20 lengths clear and motoring when he came down.

Despite the fact the pace was slow in comparison Cue Card was under pressure along way from home, showed very little zip and somehow S Conti made up a 42 lengths deficit.

On the plus side Thistlecrack did look as if there was plenty more in reserve and was a joy to watch.

People still doubting him. He's the real deal. Even 5/4 will look like stealing money come March.

Ricko old boy you are getting a bit carried away sunshine and need to have a reality check.....Bookies love guys like you.:lol:

No one is saying he wasn't impressive but 5/4 at this stage is a joke and could be a bigger one on the day.who knows?.. Kauto Star won the King George by a distance and lost the Gold Cup when odds on and Thistlecrack is no Kauto Star.....at least not yet.

He looked great out there today but in the cold light of day he has beaten Cue Card who ran a stone below his Betfair win or his own King George win.

Ground did for Cue Card - he simply doesn't go as well on quicker these days. His problem is that he is highly unlikely to get it Soft like he needs it, at Cheltenham.

Thistlecrack looks pretty-solid for the Gold Cup, any way I look at it. That said, I can't quite entirely shake-off this "accident waiting to happen" feeling I get, when watching him jump. Generally, he is absolutely fine, but he was chancey again at one of the ditches today, and he might be too exuberant/brave for his own good.

Early backers are well-on. Very hard to find one that will go deep enough into the race, to get him off the steel.

Ricko old boy you are getting a bit carried away sunshine and need to have a reality check.....Bookies love guys like you.:lol:

No one is saying he wasn't impressive but 5/4 at this stage is a joke and could be a bigger one on the day.who knows?.. Kauto Star won the King George by a distance and lost the Gold Cup when odds on and Thistlecrack is no Kauto Star.....at least not yet.

He looked great out there today but in the cold light of day he has beaten Cue Card who ran a stone below his Betfair win or his own King George win.

Bookies love guys that spot massive potential and get on at 14/1 a year in advance? I think you might have that a bit backwards.

Glad they all came back safe and sound. Tea For Two ran well, touched off a Sh hd and hd for 2nd and 3rd place. I wonder what the plan is now for him.

Last edited:
Back