King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes 2011

4s and bigger is too big for Workforce. The signs are that Midday will take part instead.

Meanwhile, Nathaniel could be supplemented at a cost of £75,000.

Rewilding and SNA's prices seem the wrong way round to me .

Not sure about this. I thought Rewilding might beat SYT and consequently he might beat SNA, but I don’t think Rewilding would have beaten the SYT that beat Workforce and SNA has shown a lot of raw energy in his latest couple of runs. I’d be quite surprised if SNA doesn’t prove too good for Midday and Rewilding. Workforce is another thing, but I’m not really expecting him to take his chance in this (although they might be tempted if there is cut).

I thought his performance against Workforce was decisively better. Perhaps not a huge difference in terms of poundage, but decisive at the business end. I don't think Rewilding would have beaten either of the Eclipse pair that day.

I thought his performance against Workforce was decisively better.

A horse tends to look better when he's running past another horse than when another horse is running past him. There's no obvious reason to disregard the line through Sri Putra.

Rewilding did well at RA, but it is the difference in SYT that is key here. He was decisively sharper against Workforce, whereas he was almost a soft target for Rewilding to come and get at RA.

How come Sri Putra was closer to him at Sandown ?

Perhaps because Sri Putra ran a better race (he was rated a few pounds higher at Sandown). The distance was in fact very similar (about 5½ compared with just short of 6 lengths).

Last edited:
Also, So You Think was ridden completely different at Sandown, he was ridden to challenge late and to beat Workforce.

I think So You Think posted a similar nce in Sandown and Royal, perhaps a little better in the Eclipse but the key is I think Rewilding is a12f horse, so if he is fresh and has his conditions he is the one to beat here.

Perhaps because Sri Putra ran a better race (he was rated a few pounds higher at Sandown). The distance was in fact very similar (about 5½ compared with just short of 6 lengths).

Now you are contradicting yourself - there is no reason for Sri Putra to have improved - any evidence-based assessment would have Rewilding the best of thet trio over the 2 races.

Workforce looks like he will run. He is still around 3/1 but I think he should be favorite. He would appear much better than SNA or Rewilding.

Workforce looks like he will run. He is still around 3/1 but I think he should be favorite. He would appear much better than SNA or Rewilding.

I don't agree that he appears much better than Rewilding but SNA is beginning to look ridiculously short. Boylesports' reaction to the news that Workforce is a likely runner was to ease SNA from 5/6 to evens!

Who are these people who back SNA at 5/6 and Wonder of Wonders at 11/10? You would need to be near mad.

Running Workforce in this strikes me as a sign they're not confident he's up to winning another Arc. I know it wasn't the course that beat him in the race last year but I'd actually rather back SNA at 6/5 than Workforce at 5/2. Not that it matters because Rewilding wins anyway.

Possibly the same people who backed So You Think at evens in the Eclipse (and loads of ye lads said that was stupid), Apollo at 11/10 today, etc.

I think you will find that the O'Brien money machine has been really good this year.

That said, I won't be following them in on SNA with the opposition this good.

W of W was an absurd price as is SNA - a good bit of rain and any logical rational market would have Workforce as clear favourite .

Workforce - Derby and Arc winner - close 2nd in Eclipse when ground too fast

Rewilding- improving winner of POWS and Sheema Classic

SNA - fortunate winner of Coronation Cup following terrible ride on runner up

AND SNA IS ODDS ON !!!

Possibly the same people who backed So You Think at evens in the Eclipse (and loads of ye lads said that was stupid), Apollo at 11/10 today, etc.

I think you will find that the O'Brien money machine has been really good this year.

That said, I won't be following them in on SNA with the opposition this good.

SYT has been odds on twice in his last 2 races and won one - do the maths on that one.

What has a maiden got to do with the types of examples I raised?

W of W was an absurd price as is SNA - a good bit of rain and any logical rational market would have Workforce as clear favourite .

Workforce - Derby and Arc winner - close 2nd in Eclipse when ground too fast

Rewilding- improving winner of POWS and Sheema Classic

SNA - fortunate winner of Coronation Cup following terrible ride on runner up

AND SNA IS ODDS ON !!!

Exactamundo. A huge, huge lay.

There is no evidence anywhere in the form book that Workforce is a better horse with cut. Rewilding takes Workforce on a line through SYT.

Back